Pope Continues Heresies About Mary

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Pope Continues Heresies About Mary Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] :eek:linger: "Pope Francis venerated the statue of the Immaculate Conception on December 8 and invited others to join him. The statue was created in 1857 as a mark of the Roman Catholic belief that Mary was conceived without sin. "I ask you to spiritually unite yourselves to me in this pilgrimage, which expresses filial devotion to our heavenly mother," he said. The concept of the "immaculate conception" was declared by Pope Pius IX on December 8, 1844, who issued a proclamation stating, "The most Blessed Virgin Mary was, from the first moment of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of almighty God and by virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, preserved immune from all stain of original sin."

[Mike Gendron Comment] The doctrine of Mary's pure conception without sin is pure heresy. Catholic doctrine, not only teaches that Mary was sinless, but that she has power to save. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC)] teaches "Mary did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation" (CCC, para. 969). "The Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things. In giving birth, you kept your virginity. You conceived the living God and, by your prayers, will deliver our souls from death" (CCC, para. 966). Read more of Mike's interview with CNN here." Pro-Gospel.org

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
who said we worship Mary?

If you are not taught to worship Mary, what's all that worshipping of Mary about?

idolatry-mary_worship.jpg

Spitfire

Dulia vs. latria.

The position of the church as attested to in any of the church's formal teaching is and has always been Mary is not divine, cannot save us, did not save herself, and is not due the highest form of reverence called latria.

When people see the word "worship" in a religious context in English they seem to assume it means always means the highest kind due to God alone, I've noticed.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Mother Mary Apparitions: The hidden dark side

Okay, now we have played dueling hyperlinks and nothing changed.
:idunno:

Could you now provide the verses from the Bible that say we are to pray to statues of Mary?

Matthew 16:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"The position of the church as attested to in any of the church's formal teaching is and has always been Mary is not divine, cannot save us, did not save herself, and is not due the highest form of reverence called latria.

When people see the word "worship" in a religious context in English they seem to assume it means always means the highest kind due to God alone, I've noticed."

"...In the Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, Dr. Ludwig Ott states, "In the power of the grace of Redemption merited by Christ, Mary, by her spiritual entering into the sacrifice of her Divine Son for men, made atonement for the sins of men, and ... merited the application of the redemptive grace of Christ. In this manner she co-operates in the subjective redemption of mankind" (page 213). Here the Catholic Church is claiming that Mary, not Jesus, made atonement for the sins of men! This is pure blasphemy!

In 1854, Pope Pius IX established the immaculate conception of Mary as an infallible dogma, which states Mary was preserved from inheriting original sin. The dogma encourages Catholics: "to venerate, invoke and pray to the most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, conceived without original sin. And since she has been appointed by God to be the Queen of heaven and earth, and is exalted above all the choirs of angels and saints, and even stands at the right hand of her only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, she presents our petitions in a most efficacious manner. What she asks, she obtains. Her pleas can never be unheard."

This heretical dogma has established Mary as a co-redeemer with Christ and co-mediator with Him in heaven, which makes her an another way to approach God..." The Counterfeit Mary of Catholicism

genuineoriginal

Dulia vs. latria.

The position of the church as attested to in any of the church's formal teaching is and has always been Mary is not divine, cannot save us, did not save herself, and is not due the highest form of reverence called latria.

When people see the word "worship" in a religious context in English they seem to assume it means always means the highest kind due to God alone, I've noticed.
Try the Hebrew instead of English or Latin.

Leviticus 26:1
1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.​

2 Kings 17:36
36 But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.​

שָׁחָה shachah
I.to bow down
__A.(Qal) to bow down
__B.(Hiphil) to depress (fig)
__C.(Hithpael)
____i.to bow down, prostrate oneself
______a.before superior in homage
______b.before God in worship
______c.before false gods
______d.before angel​
Both dulia and latria are covered by the same Hebrew word.

genuineoriginal

We don't pray to the statue. We could still ask Mary to pray for us if the statue weren't even there.
Creating an image and bowing to it is idolatry according to the Bible.
Praying to the dead is necromancy.

So far, you have two strikes.
Care to go for three?

genuineoriginal

Matthew 16:19King James Version (KJV)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Are you claiming that Peter said it was good to make images and bow before them?