Kneeling before the national anthem

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
safe_image.php

Why only one? I suspect there were many others who wanted to stand but were too cowardly. People are conformists. Most "adults" never mature out of Jr. Highschoolish peer pressure.

God's Truth

Since when is kneeling a sign of disrespect?

A person is supposed to stand to the flag. The men in US sports know that and they are deliberately being disrespectful to the flag, to America.

The men in American sports are real tough and strong fighting against other teams and get millions of dollars while they are safe in our country, and our men in the military risk their lives to fight real enemies for America are being disrespected by these high paid sports heroes.

It's simply reflective of a herd mentality that is the world. Adrian Rogers once said, and I don't recall the exact quote, but something to the effect the mob is almost never or never right, this in keeping with pointing out the population of born again is more abysmal than the "churches" may believe: many called, few chosen, the way to life narrow.

It's very often in history only the few have stood for what is right, as truly as the Lord Jesus was not a man pleaser, at the expense of truth and righteousness. For instance, the mob facilitated the Nazis, and you can build the list from there of history. But we live in a time where rioting, looting, that is really arson and theft, have been elevated to a form of protest, and where people are to, as if, develop some heightened respect for advocates that are willing to be a violent, rampaging mob, apparently these strong, warrior, as if, heroic sportsmen in the culture now taking a knee against the very nation that makes their gilded lives possible, showing themselves actually fearful little men, and why? Because somebody resisting arrest wasn't given the Good Housekeeping Seal by the police? I can only speak for myself, but I'd know better than to resist, regardless the police action was entirely unjustified. This is in the category of common sense.

In any event, honoring what amounts to a racially charged movement, comprised of rabid racists in their own right, a movement that is, in fact, being egged-on by radical Marxists and destructive, angry anarchists, is merely a reflection of how degenerate American culture is becoming. It's as if we have a mob of people saying, "Like me, or I'll burn your house down, too. Agree with me, or I'll kill you." To my mind, is that just stupid or what? Such a mentality is supposed to have positive results, win friends, by what measure? In the news, there are articles here and there about gun sales skyrocketing, would seem there's a large body of people not in a kneeling mood, over all the violence and criminal threats. I'll never take a knee to idiot criminals, and all that's been going on has not improved my opinion of any group of people, nor should it.

Most peoples' worst enemy is the one in the mirror, no doubt about that. Whatever the case, I'd not kneel, were the rest of the whole stadium to kneel. All this "virtue signaling" is, in fact, the fearful, groveling to the violent world and the devil. Corporations would, of course, sponsor anything that sucks up to the mob, have gutter values, that is, no real values. 1 Timothy 6:10.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

jane477

A person is supposed to stand to the flag. The men in US sports know that and they are deliberately being disrespectful to the flag, to America.

The men in American sports are real tough and strong fighting against other teams and get millions of dollars while they are safe in our country, and our men in the military risk their lives to fight real enemies for America are being disrespected by these high paid sports heroes.

I think that they do not thought their doings all the way through. Sport should be aside of all politics!

God's Truth

I think that they do not thought their doings all the way through. Sport should be aside of all politics!

Do you mean there shouldn't be a flag there to stand to? And no singing of the National Anthem?

So no respect for our military who are risking their lives for us while these big strong guys in sports 'play'?

The Berean

This whole kneeling business started with Colin Kaepernick, Retired Army Green Beret Nate Boyer was the man who first counseled Colin Caepernick to kneel during the National Anthem rather than sit. Here is an interview with Nate Boyer.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/64611...to-take-a-knee

MARTIN: So take us back. How did you get to talk with Colin Kaepernick to begin with? How did your conversation ensue?

BOYER: You know, this was two years ago, 2016 during the preseason. And he, you know, had sat on the bench. And I think it was actually his third time he'd sat on the bench. But it was the first time it had received national attention. And, you know, he got questioned about it, and he said, well, I'm not going to stand for the flag of a country that oppresses black people and people of color. And then he talked about, you know, social injustices and police brutality and why he thought, you know, he shouldn't be standing for the anthem.

And it struck a chord with me, of course, and it struck a chord with a lot of people - a lot of people in the veteran community as well - because obviously the flag and the anthem and what that stuff stands for means something, you know, very different to us. And I was pretty upset, you know, just because I felt like he didn't understand what those symbols really represent. And - but instead of letting my anger overwhelm me, I decided to relax a little bit, and I wrote this open letter that was just explaining my experiences, my relationship to the flag.

And Colin actually reached out, said he wanted to meet with me. And we sat in the lobby of the team hotel, discussed our situation, our different opinions and feelings about all this. And I suggested him taking a knee instead of sitting even though I wanted him to stand, and he wanted to sit. And it was, like, this compromise that we sort of came to. And that's where the kneeling began.

MARTIN: How did the idea of taking a knee come to you?

BOYER: I thought - at that time I said, look, I think your point has definitely been made that everyone's listening. Like, let's make a plan of attack now. And, you know, let's work on action for it. But he said, you know, what I've committed to this, and - I'm not going to do it until I start to see these changes I want to see. And, you know, I respected that decision and opinion. And I thought kneeling - personally, so I don't speak for everybody, I don't speak for every veteran. I've been told that numerous times by many people. But I thought kneeling was more respectful, and I will say that being alongside his teammates was the biggest thing for me.

And, you know, people - in my opinions and in my experience, kneeling's never been in our history really seen as a disrespectful act. I mean, people kneel when they get knighted. You kneel to propose to your wife, and you take a knee to pray. And soldiers often take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave to pay respects. So I thought, if anything, besides standing, that was the most respectful. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... the flag of a country that oppresses black people and people of color. And then he talked about, you know, social injustices ...

A costumed entertainer getting paid millions to play a child's game whining about oppression and social injustice.

Amazing :dizzy:

Strip him of his citizenship and ship him off to Nigeria to spend the rest of his life providing medical care for the desperately poor there.

The Berean

A costumed entertainer getting paid millions to play a child's game whining about oppression and social injustice.

Amazing :dizzy:

It is humorous. I stand when the National Anthem is played Always have, always will. But that's just me. Despite the many flaws of America I believe in the ideals of America which the American flag represents IMO. You know stuff like "Truth, Justice, and the American Way", that old fashioned stuff. Saying that I don't care if others choose to kneel. That's their business not mine.

Last edited: