All Lives Matter? Nope

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A commonly heard rebuttal to the incredibly inane chant of "Black Lives Matter" is "All Lives Matter". That is demonstrably false. For us white Western citizens of the world, whether American or British or whatever, there are many lives that don't matter. The most obvious that come to mind are those lives that are snuffed out in the womb. To most people they don't matter. The million Uyghurs imprisoned in Chinese reeducation camps even today as we speak - they don't matter. The 15000 children who starve to death every single day - they don't matter.

Lon

...to other lives (people). "Matter" is in the eye of the Beholder. Psalm 115:15 (not sure if that is where you were going, ultimately but I'm pretty sure it is where we both end on this conversation, In Him) -Lon

nikolai_42

A commonly heard rebuttal to the incredibly inane chant of "Black Lives Matter" is "All Lives Matter". That is demonstrably false. For us white Western citizens of the world, whether American or British or whatever, there are many lives that don't matter. The most obvious that come to mind are those lives that are snuffed out in the womb. To most people they don't matter. The million Uyghurs imprisoned in Chinese reeducation camps even today as we speak - they don't matter. The 15000 children who starve to death every single day - they don't matter.

Those without God have no frame of reference for right and wrong and value. It's all personal. They can reason TO the conclusion they want by reasoning FROM their own thoughts. And I suspect it terrifies them when there is no firm ground beneath their feet - so they go around trying to make laws to give them that firm ground - when the only place a law needs to be established is in their hearts. From Ezekiel 33:11 -->

As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live:...
Ezekiel 33:11a

EDIT : And realize I say this with an ALL-inclusive mindset :

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jeremiah 17:9