Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is An Adult Having Sex With A Ten Year Old Guilty Of Child Rape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is An Adult Having Sex With A Ten Year Old Guilty Of Child Rape?

Well, obviously they are but in a related thread it's postulated from certain quarters that a five year old can be charged, tried and executed for murder so if the ten year old was a "willing participant" then they're just as culpable as the adult aren't they? After all, it's hardly likely that the ten year old would be married (nor should they be because they're a child) so they must be guilty of a sexually immoral crime and fully understand their actions if we were to live in a supposedly "Godly" society where five year old's can be "lawfully killed"?

It's probably the most sickening thing I've heard on this forum where someone proposes the killing of a five year old child as if they're fully cognizant of their actions but if anybody holds to that view then they've no choice but to declare that a ten year old is fully cognizant where it comes to sex if they're "willing".

In Non Weirdsville the law recognizes that a child is incapable of giving informed consent or being anywhere near as accountable as an adult where it comes to killing.

Funny though, I've heard numerous garbage from the far right about how tolerance for homosexuality would open the floodgates for paedophilia and the lowering of age of consent laws where child molestation would become commonplace so how about it for anyone who supports the execution of five year olds? Care to address this or will the crickets (and trolls) have a field day?

Well this is fun isn't it?

You're beating this dead horse again?

What's wrong with you?

Comment

This belongs here too

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1594607937573.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	2756478

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
        Well, obviously they are but in a related thread it's postulated from certain quarters that a five year old can be charged, tried and executed for murder so if the ten year old was a "willing participant" then they're just as culpable as the adult aren't they? After all, it's hardly likely that the ten year old would be married (nor should they be because they're a child) so they must be guilty of a sexually immoral crime and fully understand their actions if we were to live in a supposedly "Godly" society where five year old's can be "lawfully killed"?

It's probably the most sickening thing I've heard on this forum where someone proposes the killing of a five year old child as if they're fully cognizant of their actions but if anybody holds to that view then they've no choice but to declare that a ten year old is fully cognizant where it comes to sex if they're "willing".

In Non Weirdsville the law recognizes that a child is incapable of giving informed consent or being anywhere near as accountable as an adult where it comes to killing.

Funny though, I've heard numerous garbage from the far right about how tolerance for homosexuality would open the floodgates for paedophilia and the lowering of age of consent laws where child molestation would become commonplace so how about it for anyone who supports the execution of five year olds? Care to address this or will the crickets (and trolls) have a field day?
        Some problems with the correlation that won't work. Its apples and oranges at this point and the main point is lost in the details in a thread "Not about statutory rape."

While a child has no puberty steering rape, thus not even a willing participant, murder requires a conscious act of pulling the trigger. The metaphor simply breaks down for any kind of meaningful discussion too quickly.

The merits of trying a child for murder are better argued on merits of the discussion without the confusing metaphor (statutory) that distracts and isn't good for the comparison.

My two cents: I'm not for the death penalty of a child murderer, but that child is going to be messed up the rest of his/her life. It might be better for the child to have his/her life ended, (life-long harm with a poor rate of remedy among murderers)but what it'd do to us, as a society is harmful as well. It is my preference and vote to hope against hope, against the death penalty toward rehabilitation and life change (the more important discussion to me)..
        My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post

.................................., murder requires a conscious act of pulling the trigger.
          Is the above correct, where you are?
          A convict was executed in Texas last week. He was 45 yrs old, when he had been 18 yrs old he had taken a relative's handgun and threatened an elderly man with it while trying to steal that man's vehicle. The man grabbed the gun, there was a struggle and the gun fired, shooting the victim between the eyes.

The convict said, all along, that he had never intended to shoot the gun.

Other cases involved convicts who took part in crimes where a victim died, and so become murderers by association.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

The child-convict execution part of the proposed Christian Theonomy-type government is just the tip of a very very strange and weird world, imo.

Plucking crimes at random from the laws of Moses, quoting apostles (rather than Jesus) to support same, etc, would just produce a country of terrifying suppression, domination and above all.... corruption. Can you imagine what the police, military and judicial heads would be like not long after the formation? And nobody could vote it in to extinction........ only a very bloody and horrifying war might, just might, achieve that.

The world must be careful what it wishes for.

As for the idea of convicting and sentencing a child for a capital crime after being raped by an adult, that's just a disgusting 'tell' of what could happen. One wonders what would happen to raped women if the rapist declared that she wanted to take part.............. the sentences for fornication, adultery etc could also be quite terrifying.

And who would be the Judges? Shocking thought....

Comment

Some problems with the correlation that won't work. Its apples and oranges at this point and the main point is lost in the details in a thread "Not about statutory rape."

While a child has no puberty steering rape, thus not even a willing participant, murder requires a conscious act of pulling the trigger. The metaphor simply breaks down for any kind of meaningful discussion too quickly.

The merits of trying a child for murder are better argued on merits of the discussion without the confusing metaphor (statutory) that distracts and isn't good for the comparison.

My two cents: I'm not for the death penalty of a child murderer, but that child is going to be messed up the rest of his/her life. It might be better for the child to have his/her life ended, (life-long harm with a poor rate of remedy among murderers)but what it'd do to us, as a society is harmful as well. It is my preference and vote to hope against hope, against the death penalty toward rehabilitation and life change (the more important discussion to me)..
              Which is more important (if they can be parsed apart) - the fear of the Lord or the love of God?

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."

and

"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."

compared to:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Is the above correct, where you are?
                Yes.
                A convict was executed in Texas last week. He was 45 yrs old, when he had been 18 yrs old he had taken a relative's handgun and threatened an elderly man with it while trying to steal that man's vehicle. The man grabbed the gun, there was a struggle and the gun fired, shooting the victim between the eyes.

Other cases involved convicts who took part in crimes where a victim died, and so become murderers by association.
                Both required a conscious decision. Both involved pointing a loaded gun at a victim. Did you show an exception?

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Yes.
                  Both required a conscious decision. Both involved pointing a loaded gun at a victim. Did you show an exception?
                  If he never intended to fire the weapon why was it loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

Which is more important (if they can be parsed apart) - the fear of the Lord or the love of God?

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."

and

"The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."

compared to:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."
                    Isaiah 38:17 Surely, for my welfare I had such great anguish; but Your love has delivered me from the pit of oblivion, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back. 18 For Sheol cannot thank You; death cannot praise You. Those who go down to the Pit cannot hope for Your faithfulness. 19 The living, only the living, can thank You, as I do today; fathers will tell their children about Your faithfulness

The O.T. provided for a community where everything, including law, were common, and death was the penalty to remove sin from among people.

In the U.S. at one time, we may have had a similarity and thus remove sin from among us as well.

I support the right and even the reasoning for the death penalty but I believe in Grace and the power of God's Holy Spirit. It has changed people, however few, in prison. So my personal vote/preference is not the death penalty but I very much support democracy on this one. -Lon

? Yep

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

If he never intended to fire the weapon why was it loaded?
                      I sometimes wonder if we and Eider have anything in common (not a slam, just a valuation on whether our conversations can ever go anywhere and be productive because there is never a meeting of minds). This 'seems' to be a place where our minds would surely 'have to meet' but we'll see....

? Yep

Comment

... he had taken a relative's handgun and threatened an elderly man with it ...

And what was the nature of that threat?

Did he threaten to hit him with the gun?

Did he threaten to stab him with the gun?

Did he threaten to magically transform the gun into a feather duster and tickle the elderly man unmercifully?

Or did he threaten to shoot the gun at the elderly man?

He was lying.

Comment

The O.T. provided for a community where everything, including law, were common, and death was the penalty to remove sin from among people.

In the U.S. at one time, we may have had a similarity and thus remove sin from among us as well.

In the US at the moment it seems like everything is up for grabs.

Comment

Yes.
                            Yes. I showed exceptions in both cases Neither convict wanted to shoot anybody.

Where I live a person has to deliberately intentionally intend to kill a person. Even if a person recklessly killls a person it won't be 1st degree murder.

Comment

Yes. I showed exceptions in both cases Neither convict wanted to shoot anybody.

Where I live a person has to deliberately intentionally intend to kill a person. Even if a person recklessly killls a person it won't be 1st degree murder.

Where I live, a person who doesn't want to shoot anybody doesn't walk around with a loaded gun committing criminal actions against others.

Maybe you guys do it differently over there.

Comment

Working...
                              X