Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘Don’t be a sheep’: Washington sheriff urges residents to defy mask order

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ‘Don’t be a sheep’: Washington sheriff urges residents to defy mask order

    ‘Don’t be a sheep’: Washington sheriff urges residents to defy mask order

    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/washin...fy-mask-order/

    A Washington state sheriff urged residents to defy Gov. Jay Inslee’s statewide mandate requiring people to wear masks in public — declaring, “Don’t be a sheep,” according to a report.


    Sheriff Robert Snaza, a Republican from Lewis County, said people should break the coronavirus safety order during a speech in a church parking lot Tuesday, according to footage posted by a Daily Chronicle photographer.


    “In case you guys didn’t hear, Gov. Inslee in his infinite wisdom has decided after over a hundred and some odd days that we should all wear face masks — inside and out,” Snaza declared into a bullhorn while wearing a police uniform and no face cover.


    “Here’s what I say: Don’t be a sheep.”





  • #2
    Originally posted by HeySabu View Post
    ‘Don’t be a sheep’: Washington sheriff urges residents to defy mask order

    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/washin...fy-mask-order/

    A Washington state sheriff urged residents to defy Gov. Jay Inslee’s statewide mandate requiring people to wear masks in public — declaring, “Don’t be a sheep,” according to a report.


    Sheriff Robert Snaza, a Republican from Lewis County, said people should break the coronavirus safety order during a speech in a church parking lot Tuesday, according to footage posted by a Daily Chronicle photographer.


    “In case you guys didn’t hear, Gov. Inslee in his infinite wisdom has decided after over a hundred and some odd days that we should all wear face masks — inside and out,” Snaza declared into a bullhorn while wearing a police uniform and no face cover.


    “Here’s what I say: Don’t be a sheep.”



    Right on!

    Be a hero: It would take genuine courage to stand up for your right to not wear a mask, by going mask-less in public, in urban, Seattle-like areas swarming with easily-triggered Nazi leftard social justice warrior collectivists who love to enact mob violence against those who do not conform to the insane dictates of their raving hive-mind, almost as much as they love for babies to be murdered.

    Wearing masks, of course, makes absolutely nobody a hero, nor even the least bit of a benefactor to anybody.
    What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

    MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

    Comment


    • #3
      Dont be a sheep, be a moron instead. Dont listen to the medical docs and epidemiologists. And when your car breaks down bring it to your plumber.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

        Right on!

        Be a hero: It would take genuine courage to stand up for your right to not wear a mask, by going mask-less in public, in urban, Seattle-like areas swarming with easily-triggered Nazi leftard social justice warrior collectivists who love to enact mob violence against those who do not conform to the insane dictates of their raving hive-mind, almost as much as they love for babies to be murdered.

        Wearing masks, of course, makes absolutely nobody a hero, nor even the least bit of a benefactor to anybody.
        Right on indeed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
          Dont be a sheep, be a moron instead. Dont listen to the medical docs and epidemiologists. And when your car breaks down bring it to your plumber.
          Oh, yeah: by all means listen to epistemology sages like Jonahdog, when they tell you that you should listen to, and obey, the dictates of those whom they call "the experts" regarding what's best for YOU. (Don't bother to ask them WHY they call them "the experts" regarding what's best for YOU, however, unless all you want is to hear them respond by saying something amounting to no more than, "BECAUSE they are the experts".)


          What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

          MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

          Comment


          • #6
            Why does this sound familiar....
            1. Tide Pods look like candy (delicious candy at that). The bright colors, shapes, texture and weight all resemble that of a ‘bite-sized’ snack. It’s weird to say this all but it’s the truth. It’s why kids ate this and why many people I know (myself included) joked about eating these when they first came out - something in the human brain makes Tide Pods look enticing.
            2. Tide Pods are poisonous and you definitely should not eat them.

            When in 2012 Tide Pods launched, these jokes about people eating them existed - but in small niches and never spoken about publicly because admittedly it is very weird. For a few years this persisted until the Onion wrote a piece in late 2015 about a child vowing to eat Tide Pods, titled: So Help Me God, I’m Going To Eat One Of Those Multicolored Detergent Pods. This, as far as I can tell, was the first major public point of acknowledgment that Tide Pod eating is a thought in many people’s minds.

            This allowed the idea to kind of come alive on the internet and many small groups started joking about eating Tide Pods, particularly on Twitter and Tumblr. In mid 2017 CollegeHumor made a video about the same topic
            [2].

            I’m not sure where the actual inflection point was, but at some point this joke started becoming super mainstream. It happened sometime in December of 2017 where the biggest accounts from ‘weird twitter’ joked about the meme,
            tan being one of the biggest ones.
            https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#17ebf7f14932

            Normally, this kind of stupidity is confined to high school losers. But I guess they eventually get older and some of them get jobs like being Sheriffs.

            And yeah, I know; you know of someone who ate a Tide Pod and didn't die. Congratulations.


            This message is hidden because ...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
              Why does this sound familiar....
              1. Tide Pods look like candy (delicious candy at that). The bright colors, shapes, texture and weight all resemble that of a ‘bite-sized’ snack. It’s weird to say this all but it’s the truth. It’s why kids ate this and why many people I know (myself included) joked about eating these when they first came out - something in the human brain makes Tide Pods look enticing.
              2. Tide Pods are poisonous and you definitely should not eat them.

              When in 2012 Tide Pods launched, these jokes about people eating them existed - but in small niches and never spoken about publicly because admittedly it is very weird. For a few years this persisted until the Onion wrote a piece in late 2015 about a child vowing to eat Tide Pods, titled: So Help Me God, I’m Going To Eat One Of Those Multicolored Detergent Pods. This, as far as I can tell, was the first major public point of acknowledgment that Tide Pod eating is a thought in many people’s minds.

              This allowed the idea to kind of come alive on the internet and many small groups started joking about eating Tide Pods, particularly on Twitter and Tumblr. In mid 2017 CollegeHumor made a video about the same topic
              [2].

              I’m not sure where the actual inflection point was, but at some point this joke started becoming super mainstream. It happened sometime in December of 2017 where the biggest accounts from ‘weird twitter’ joked about the meme,
              tan being one of the biggest ones.
              https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#17ebf7f14932

              Normally, this kind of stupidity is confined to high school losers. But I guess they eventually get older and some of them get jobs like being Sheriffs.

              And yeah, I know; you know of someone who ate a Tide Pod and didn't die. Congratulations.

              How many did YOU eat?

              Today?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                Why does this sound familiar....
                1. Tide Pods look like candy (delicious candy at that). The bright colors, shapes, texture and weight all resemble that of a ‘bite-sized’ snack. It’s weird to say this all but it’s the truth. It’s why kids ate this and why many people I know (myself included) joked about eating these when they first came out - something in the human brain makes Tide Pods look enticing.
                2. Tide Pods are poisonous and you definitely should not eat them.

                When in 2012 Tide Pods launched, these jokes about people eating them existed - but in small niches and never spoken about publicly because admittedly it is very weird. For a few years this persisted until the Onion wrote a piece in late 2015 about a child vowing to eat Tide Pods, titled: So Help Me God, I’m Going To Eat One Of Those Multicolored Detergent Pods. This, as far as I can tell, was the first major public point of acknowledgment that Tide Pod eating is a thought in many people’s minds.

                This allowed the idea to kind of come alive on the internet and many small groups started joking about eating Tide Pods, particularly on Twitter and Tumblr. In mid 2017 CollegeHumor made a video about the same topic
                [2].

                I’m not sure where the actual inflection point was, but at some point this joke started becoming super mainstream. It happened sometime in December of 2017 where the biggest accounts from ‘weird twitter’ joked about the meme,
                tan being one of the biggest ones.
                https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#17ebf7f14932

                Normally, this kind of stupidity is confined to high school losers. But I guess they eventually get older and some of them get jobs like being Sheriffs.

                And yeah, I know; you know of someone who ate a Tide Pod and didn't die. Congratulations.

                You are an absolute moron

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                  Why does this sound familiar....
                  1. Tide Pods look like candy (delicious candy at that). The bright colors, shapes, texture and weight all resemble that of a ‘bite-sized’ snack. It’s weird to say this all but it’s the truth. It’s why kids ate this and why many people I know (myself included) joked about eating these when they first came out - something in the human brain makes Tide Pods look enticing.
                  2. Tide Pods are poisonous and you definitely should not eat them.

                  When in 2012 Tide Pods launched, these jokes about people eating them existed - but in small niches and never spoken about publicly because admittedly it is very weird. For a few years this persisted until the Onion wrote a piece in late 2015 about a child vowing to eat Tide Pods, titled: So Help Me God, I’m Going To Eat One Of Those Multicolored Detergent Pods. This, as far as I can tell, was the first major public point of acknowledgment that Tide Pod eating is a thought in many people’s minds.

                  This allowed the idea to kind of come alive on the internet and many small groups started joking about eating Tide Pods, particularly on Twitter and Tumblr. In mid 2017 CollegeHumor made a video about the same topic
                  [2].

                  I’m not sure where the actual inflection point was, but at some point this joke started becoming super mainstream. It happened sometime in December of 2017 where the biggest accounts from ‘weird twitter’ joked about the meme,
                  tan being one of the biggest ones.
                  https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#17ebf7f14932

                  Normally, this kind of stupidity is confined to high school losers. But I guess they eventually get older and some of them get jobs like being Sheriffs.

                  And yeah, I know; you know of someone who ate a Tide Pod and didn't die. Congratulations.

                  LOL

                  Did you just eat another mask, The Barbarian? You really gotta stop doing that, man!

                  Anyway, thanks for the superb research you've done on the fascinating history of joking about eating Tide Pods. I had been trying to recollect just when the Onion piece about a child vowing to eat Tide Pods was written, and I'd been long tormented by doubt as to whether it was in mid 2015, or, instead, in late 2015. But now, thanks to your legwork, my doubt has been cleared up on that important point! I won't soon forget your contribution! You're a detergentleman and a "scholar", indeed.
                  What evidence do you have to support your claim that what you call "evidence" is evidence?

                  MAGA (Masking America's Gullible Apes)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HeySabu View Post
                    ‘Don’t be a sheep’: Washington sheriff urges residents to defy mask order

                    https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/washin...fy-mask-order/

                    A Washington state sheriff urged residents to defy Gov. Jay Inslee’s statewide mandate requiring people to wear masks in public — declaring, “Don’t be a sheep,” according to a report.


                    Sheriff Robert Snaza, a Republican from Lewis County, said people should break the coronavirus safety order during a speech in a church parking lot Tuesday, according to footage posted by a Daily Chronicle photographer.


                    “In case you guys didn’t hear, Gov. Inslee in his infinite wisdom has decided after over a hundred and some odd days that we should all wear face masks — inside and out,” Snaza declared into a bullhorn while wearing a police uniform and no face cover.


                    “Here’s what I say: Don’t be a sheep.”



                    You do realize that the primary purpose of wearing face masks and coverings is for the benefit of other people in case you're infected, right? Oh wow, it must just be "sheep mentality" to err on the side of caution where it comes to disease...

                    The irony is that there'll probably be a whole bunch of you who laud this ignoramus's urge to defy common sense and regard yourselves as free thinkers...

                    Well this is fun isn't it?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post

                      Oh, yeah: by all means listen to epistemology sages like Jonahdog, when they tell you that you should listen to, and obey, the dictates of those whom they call "the experts" regarding what's best for YOU. (Don't bother to ask them WHY they call them "the experts" regarding what's best for YOU, however, unless all you want is to hear them respond by saying something amounting to no more than, "BECAUSE they are the experts".)

                      You got your ologies confused. Epidemiology. MDs, MPHs, PhDs etc who study disease transmission. They study the data, analyze it and try to understand it I am neither an epistemologist nor an epidemiologist, but my daughter is an MPH/MD, infectious disease specialist epidemiologist at a NYC hospital. I take my advice on covid issues from her because she is an expert by education, training AND experience, not just because she or I say so. (And the expertise in this area of this particular sheriff is???). Her hospital was overtaken by covid patients. Based on her experience---you do not want to get this bug. The infection rate appears now, months later, to be on the down slope in NYC and her hospital. WHY? the NYC lockdown and masks/social distancing. Masks and social distancing work; see this study in The Lancet, https://www.eurekalert.org/multimedia/pub/233365.php. The disease is transmitted via the air for the most part therefore limiting exposure from someone who is infected is important. Limiting exposure to contaminated water is important in limiting the spread of cholera--do people complain about water treatment, after a flood if you are told to "boil your water" before drinking or cooking is there an out cry? Are you being a sheep when you do that?

                      Perhaps we do not hear complaints about water treatment because it does not normally impact day-to-day life and mask wearing and social distancing do. Well, "cowboy up, put on your long pants". Masks and social distancing appear to slow the transmission and limit the spread of this disease. Doing that may affect your life in some minor degree but it protects other people. Wear a bandana, will make you feel like a bad a** (cant believe I used ** to avoid TOL censors) , wear a mask with your favorite sports team logo (Yankees-a Father's Day present from my personal epidemiologist). Show respect for your fellow human beings. Masks and social distancing protect others more than you. And that is bad, why?

                      So what is the issue? Wearing a mask interferes with which particular Constitutional right? this is a public health/public safety issue. One of the main purposes of government is to protect the populace. One of the purposes of the Constitution is to "promote the general Welfare". And here is another interesting issue, I think under the 10th Amendment, the ability to require masks etc, does not belong to the Federal government (sorry Joe) but to the states, it is part of the police powers that the states have . See this from Wiki "The authority for use of police power under American Constitutional law has its roots in English and European common law traditions.[3] Even more fundamentally, use of police power draws on two (Latin) principles, sic utere tuo ut alienum non laedas ("use that which is yours so as not to injure others"), and salus populi suprema lex esto ("the welfare of the people shall be the supreme law"), to justify restriction of individual liberties in order to protect the general welfare.[3] The concept of police power in America was further expanded in a series of notable court cases in the late-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries, including the landmark 1851 Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court case Commonwealth v. Alger, and the 1905 Supreme Court case Jacobson v. Massachusetts." Jacobson is applicable because it approved mandatory vaccinations for school children as an appropriate use of the police powers by the State.

                      I've said enough, much more than my usual snarky response, and at 6 am I hope it makes sense. Finally I suggest we all reread Luke 10:29-37, the parable of the Good Samaritan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        John Stewart: “I just want to say to all those people, the next time you get an operation, you just say to the doctor ‘Take that liberal bulls--t somewhere else,” he deadpanned. “‘You come in here with no covering, you don’t wash those hands and you stick them on my open wound because I’m an American.‘”

                        Ouch.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post

                          You do realize that the primary purpose of wearing face masks and coverings is for the benefit of other people in case you're infected, right? Oh wow, it must just be "sheep mentality" to err on the side of caution where it comes to disease...
                          :
                          They really, totally, don't get it. They think it's like choosing not to wear a seat-belt, or not to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle. But it's more like choosing to drive with your eyes closed, in hopes to won't hit anybody.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by chair View Post

                            They really, totally, don't get it. They think it's like choosing not to wear a seat-belt, or not to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle. But it's more like choosing to drive with your eyes closed, in hopes to won't hit anybody.
                            well, see, the problem is too much testing---more cases show up. Better off, you know, when you get that almost out of gas light on the dash---just put a piece of black tape over it No worries

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chair View Post

                              They really, totally, don't get it. They think it's like choosing not to wear a seat-belt, or not to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle. But it's more like choosing to drive with your eyes closed, in hopes to won't hit anybody.
                              The sheer ignorance is mind boggling.
                              Well this is fun isn't it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X