Trump declares houses of worship "essential"

Arthur Brain

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I think Trump should mobilize the national guard to make sure people go to church this Sunday, Church, not synagogues, temples or mosques. Just churches, preferably not Catholic churches though, they are a cult

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Unbelievable. The irresponsibility of this man just knows no bounds. He will "override" governors who don't comply? This is just another political stunt to appease MAGA evangelicals to bolster his election campaign. Truly pathetic.

Rage on little artie, rage on :sigh:

Allow Orangemanbad to consume your twisted soul.

oatmeal

Unbelievable. The irresponsibility of this man just knows no bounds. He will "override" governors who don't comply? This is just another political stunt to appease MAGA evangelicals to bolster his election campaign. Truly pathetic.

Trump is right to uphold the Bill of Rights.

The governors are dead wrong to oppose our inalienable rights which we were endowed with by the Creator.

We the people have these inalienable rights not government

The Constitution was written to protect the people from government

​​​​​​

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Trump is right to uphold the Bill of Rights.

The governors are dead wrong to oppose our inalienable rights which we were endowed with by the Creator.

We the people have these inalienable rights not government

The Constitution was written to protect the people from government

​​​​​​

According to his press secretary there are a list of guidelines for churches. Are you suggesting that not even those are appropriate or Constitutional because they might infringe on someone's inalienable rights?
Please note that you are relying on the same amendment that allows for a free press that Trump hates so much.

ok doser

This is just another political stunt to appease MAGA evangelicals to bolster his election campaign.

You're too blinded by your Orangemanbad rage to realize it will backfire on him, that all of his MAGA evangelical base will be killed by the scary 'Ronavirus monster before November.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You're too blinded by your Orangemanbad rage to realize it will backfire on him, that all of his MAGA evangelical base will be killed by the scary 'Ronavirus monster before November.

Actually I was asking a real question based on the First Amendment. Are there no limits to someone's First Amendment religious rights?
But you may be correct, between exposure to this corona virus and bleach drinking...

Lon

According to his press secretary there are a list of guidelines for churches. Are you suggesting that not even those are appropriate or Constitutional because they might infringe on someone's inalienable rights?
Please note that you are relying on the same amendment that allows for a free press that Trump hates so much.

Depends on if they are voluntary or not. Emergencies are always a special consideration (as are wars where you or I can be forced by the draft). At that point, you have those who push one way, and those who push the other.

Rather, was Trump correct or not? Are churches essential in America? Yep, they are, lest you have an atheist state, by the same token. I don't get why anybody would want to push this hard. The outbalanced push is self-damaging to all our freedom. Soooo.... a healthy tension will always exist (as is evidenced here in thread). There is a need to both see the parameters, and push them every time we bump up against them (as is also the case now). I see threads like this as a healthy expression of those existing freedoms.

I was at the store, the governor of our state recommended we keep our masks on. There were only about 25% of the people wearing them :( (no arrests were made).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rather, was Trump correct or not? Are churches essential in America?

Much to Donald Trump's dismay, he has no authority over the 50 States state of emergency clauses found in their constitution, which prohibiting public gatherings during a deadly pandemic falls under.

Yep, they are, lest you have an atheist state, by the same token. I don't get why anybody would want to push this hard.

Maybe because most people know that deadly airborne viruses don't stop at the entrance to a church?

The CDC released a report this week highlighting the spread of the coronavirus at a rural church in Arkansas in March. Among 92 attendees, 35 developed confirmed cases of the virus and three died, according to the agency. Another 26 cases linked to the church took place in the surrounding community, the agency said, leading to one death.

What are your thoughts on these pastors posting a disclaimer at their front entrance before services?

"Welcome to the church of the almighty dollar. Feel free to blow off the dust from the tithing plates, as they haven't gotten much use lately. BTW, for every 100 congregants, 1/3 of you will contract a deadly airborne virus that has no vaccine developed yet, and 3 of you will die..

Have a nice day!"

Arthur Brain

Much to Donald Trump's dismay, he has no authority over the 50 States state of emergency clauses found in their constitution, which prohibiting public gatherings during a deadly pandemic falls under.

Maybe because most people know that deadly airborne viruses don't stop at the entrance to a church?

The CDC released a report this week highlighting the spread of the coronavirus at a rural church in Arkansas in March. Among 92 attendees, 35 developed confirmed cases of the virus and three died, according to the agency. Another 26 cases linked to the church took place in the surrounding community, the agency said, leading to one death.

What are your thoughts on these pastors posting a disclaimer at their front entrance before services?

"Welcome to the church of the almighty dollar. Feel free to blow off the dust from the tithing plates, as they haven't gotten much use lately. BTW, for every 100 congregants, 1/3 of you will contract a deadly airborne virus that has no vaccine developed yet, and 3 of you will die..

Have a nice day!"

Wow, an aCW post that actually makes a fair bit of sense....

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A fair bit in fact but you carry on with the same. Makes a pleasant and unexpected change!

:)

Other than the posts that I've written on the subject that you've read at the other forum, what do you know about state of emergency clauses and how in this case they don't even come close to violating 1st Amendment constitutional rights?

ok doser

And your similar comments about Boris Johnson?

Arthur Brain

Other than the posts that I've written on the subject that you've read at the other forum, what do you know about state of emergency clauses and how in this case they don't even come close to violating 1st Amendment constitutional rights?

What other forum, the one that PJ is running? If so, I don't recall reading you much if at all and spent most of my time on the music and film threads. For once (astonishing though it is) I'm actually agreeing with you doofus.

:dizzy:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Have a nice day!"

Excellent points. For many of these preachers, it all comes down to money. They're used to a fat paycheck and living high on the hog. Now they have to live within the means of necessity and they don't like it. They don't care about some virus. They just want to get those donation plates full again.

Lon

I don't think that matters to discussion. This is simply about whether 'houses of worship (churches) are essential.'

Are you talking about a building or the people of God? :think: If that latter "no weapon forged will stand against it."

:confused: Are you for or against telling people they can or cannot, and does it change according to consequences?

Have a nice day!"

Haven't seen that quote posted yet. You?