The Dems Coronavirus plans have failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chair View Post

Um, I haven't said anything one way or the other about the Democrat's economic policy on this forum. Do I have to attack the Democrats to prove myself? And which Democrats- they aren't all the same. How many scalps are required? I am concerned with economics- but not American economics. And if you think I have supported " all of their attacks on Trump" - well, you prove it. I'm not even aware of what "all" those attacks are.

I don't live in the US.

You are playing the modern stupid (yes, stupid) American Identity Politics game. If somebody doesn't agree with you on one issue, then they are The Enemy, and clearly disagree with you on everything.

For the record:
    I tend to be middle of the road on most issues. I am generally conservative economically, i.e. government should stay out of people's business as much as possible- but I think there has to be a balance between that and safety nets. The most obvious one is universal health care, which is sorely lacking in the US. Did I mention that the US needs to get its budget under control!?

I think abortion is bad- but not the same as murder. I think that Obama was a lousy president- and so is Trump. The only English language paper I subscribe to (online) in the Wall Street Journal. I can't be easily pigeonholed into your black and white categories- or Red and Blue categories, I suppose.

You will probably crow now that your "prediction" has come true- that I didn't dig through my posts for hours to find evidence that will satisfy you. I'm very sorry about this, but even if such evidence exists, I am not going to spend the time to search for it. Maybe if Senator Joseph McCarthy was asking I'd have no choice, but for Mr. ffreeloader- sorry.

You owe me an apology for your wild accusations. My prediction: you won't ever ever apologize for anything.
    Your assertion is not enough for me. It has to be backed by evidence. You show the evidence I have no problem apologizing. My ego is not that enormous. I come here to talk about truth, but see very little of it. You live in the UK and the UK is a long ways to the left of the US. Conservative thought in the UK is a long ways to the left of conservative thought in the US.

So you think abortion is bad, but it's not murder? How can that be? Is a "fetus" in the human womb going to come out the birth canal anything other than a human being? Killing that defenseless human life is murder. The US abortion laws are insane. If a woman wants her child and is involved in an accident where the other driver is at fault he is charged with a killing. But just because a woman doesn't want to have a child it's a favorable result to kill that child. The duplicity of those positions is enormous. If that is "conservative" thought in the UK it's a long way to the left of conservative thought in the US.

Just because someone who wants to have sex but doesn't want the responsibility of being a parent isn't reason enough to justify the killing of that human being, or for any other post-coital reason when it comes to that other than the life of the mother. Then it's a flip of the coin. Which life is more important? I'm not capable of making that decision. It's far above my pay grade. I will not play God and make a choice between who will live and who will die in that situation.

If someone doesn't think they can handle being a parent then put the child up for adoption before it is born. There are a lot of childless couples yearning to have children but can't. So do both the couple and your own child a favor and make sure they live together. Don't kill your child. The act of aborting a baby has some extremely negative consequences for the mother. Many women live the rest of their lives hating themselves because they did it. Those women who celebrate murder of their own child are the epitome of evil.
    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
    ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post

I followed the polls very closely in 2016. Months out from the election, Hellary had a clear lead, but as the election drew near, the polls tightened. I woke up on election day not sure who would win, because the polls were too close within the margin of error to make a prediction. As it was, the national polls had Killary in the lead, and in fact she did win the popular vote by nearly 3 million, but the state-by-state polling was more uncertain, and in fact Hitlery did lose the Electoral College vote. So the polls were fairly accurate.
      The week of the vote there were polls showing Hillary leading by double digits. She and the DNC believed their own press and it cost her the election. She still hasn't come to terms with her mistakes either.
      “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
      ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
      ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ffreeloader View Post
        The week of the vote there were polls showing Hillary leading by double digits.
        No sir, the polls had it a lot closer than that. Have a look: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html

She and the DNC believed their own press and it cost her the election. She still hasn't come to terms with her mistakes either.
        Don't I know it. I made a thread about that very topic, available here: https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...but-she-ll-try
        Last edited by User Name; May 21st, 2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Your assertion is not enough for me. It has to be backed by evidence.
          I don't care what's "enough for you". I don't owe you anything
          You accused me of a whole mess of things without evidence, then have the audacity to suggest that I owe you some kind of proof that your wild accusations are false.

I have no problem apologizing. My ego is not that enormous.
          The evidence indicates otherwise.

Comment

So you think abortion is bad, but it's not murder? How can that be?
            The short answer has two parts:
            1. That is a topic for a separate thread. Feel free to start one.
            2. I'll join such a thread if you withdraw your wild accusations that you posted in this one. Right now I see no reason to engage in serious conversation with you.

Comment

I think abortion is bad- but not the same as murder.
              In New York State, the law allows for the deliberate killing of this baby, five minutes before the pic was taken. If the baby was killed at the time of the pic, it would clearly be murder. If the EXACT SAME baby was killed five minutes earlier, not murder. Does that make any sense to you?

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

In New York State, the law allows for the deliberate killing of this baby, five minutes before the pic was taken. If the baby was killed at the time of the pic, it would clearly be murder. If the EXACT SAME baby was killed five minutes earlier, not murder. Does that make any sense to you?
                1. That is a topic for a separate thread. Feel free to start one.

Comment

Grandstanding

On front page of yesterday’s paper, the New York Times printed a thousand names of people who died during the pandemic. Six weeks ago, the Times reported that the mayor of NY added 4,000 deaths of people who weren't tested to the City’s pandemic death toll, calling them “presumed” coronavirus deaths. The deaths were probably not identified either, since many of the coronavirus deaths in NY up to that point were labled "Unassigned."

If a politician said he was adding 4,000 untested and unidentified deaths to a list that is used to determine the amount of federal assistance his state or city would receive, wouldn’t you ask some questions? Well, the New York Times didn’t. They just took the mayor’s word that it was all legit, figuring, I guess, that a politician wouldn’t lie. Chief Executive Servants of other states said they did the same thing. “They fell out a window,” goes the joke, “and died of the virus.”

20,000 deaths in NYC in one month. Usually there’s around 4,000 in a month. You’d think there would have been more coverage of crying families. But no. It seems families and friends of the deceased were fine with mass burials and cremations and not attending their loved ones’ funerals…even though cremation goes against the beliefs of many Christians and Jews. Of course, there was that front-page story in the tabloids about dead bodies rotting in a truck in front of a funeral home. It smelled, they said. And that was good enough for mourners in favor of continuing the lockdown.

Did it smell like 20,000 bodies were in that truck? How about 4,000? No. The tabloid said it was "up to 60." And if they had to approximate, it means they didn't count the bodies. Which means they didn't see them.

New York jumped from a normal 160 deaths a day to 700, every day, for over a month. If the average patient stays in the hospital 8-10 days before they die, the patients would have overflowed from the hospitals into the Mercy Ship, the Javits Center, the MASH Units in Central Park, and all the other auxiliary care stations. But they didn’t. So where were the bodies? “Home deaths,” the State said. “A rash of home deaths like no one has seen before.” Sounds like a NY phenomenon. I hadn't heard any reports about an unusual number of home deaths from other states or countries during the pandemic up to that point.

Even though the timing of this sudden rash of home deaths happened when New York was looking for a place to hide statistics, the New York Times wasn’t suspicious. They reported the home-death tally and didn’t ask any questions. What were the names of the deceased? “In the rush to save lives,” the State said, “the names of the deceased were not recorded and no county was assigned.” If you don’t know the name and county of someone who died at home, when would you know it?

The bloodhounds at the Times didn’t bother to ask that question. Guess they didn’t smell a story.

Institutions often exaggerate their need to get more funding from higher ups…but the Times didn’t think the city and state’s funny numbers were worth looking into, so they didn’t bother. That’s how the Times has covered this pandemic. They don't ask questions if the answers won't serve their purposes. They tell you what they want you to hear, and bury the rest. The Times is a commercial news-outlet, so their goal is to make as much money as they can for their investors, and their obsession is getting the Chief Public Servant removed from office—by any means necessary. A captive audience is the media’s best customer, and the longer the lockdown lasts, the better chance the Times and its many unscrupulous allies have of replacing the Chief Public Servant with one of their own choosing.

It’s not paranoia or a conspiracy theory that leads me to that conclusion. The Times writes anti-administration editorials right on the front page and calls them “News Analysis.” They’re not even trying to hide their extreme prejudice against the Chief Public Servant. So forgive me if I’m not moved by the Times’ phony tribute to those “lost in the pandemic.” As far as I’m concerned, they’re grandstanding and playing to people’s emotions because that’s the easiest way to sell something. If you want to sell somebody something, scare them. If you want their sympathy, make them cry. Then sell them something.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...50622028319900

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1590753991650.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2751115

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1590850602093.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2751179

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1590929577994.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	2751227

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
                          Agree.

You may be a super moderator, but I think that is completely out of line.
                          No its not. It was already proven in this forum that Democrats are the same Nazis.

Comment

Working...
                          X