Why such a steep drop in flu deaths this year?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Can anyone explain this chart?

0cfbc41807f164864433d829c8543f28f92e6f45d6e430fcf7e91a13624c5b42.jpg

Lon

Could the mandatory separation as well as recommended isolation prior, also have affected flu statistics as well? My first guess is that whatever has stemmed, proactively, the Covid-19 spread, would also account for a low season of all transmitted illnesses? Worth a look (the drop seems coincidental if not causual)? :idunno:

Aimiel

I would guess that if a patient had symptoms related to flu: their death got labeled as COVID-19 due to the money the hospital would get for their treatment.

Gary K

Banned
Why the under reporting of flue deaths? Because the government is lying to us about this. They are over reporting the number of coronavirus deaths, and doing it intentionally.

[h=1]The CDC Confesses to Lying About COVID-19 Death Numbers[/h]
By Matthew Vadum
Can any government statistics on COVID-19 deaths be trusted?
It is an open question now that we are learning that the highly respected, world-class Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been lying to us.
This revelation comes a few days after I wrote here at American Thinker that New York City was lying about COVID-19 deaths. The normal rules about reporting deaths have been violated by that city in the rush to inflate the body count, presumably to steer more taxpayer money to the Big Apple.
That the CDC isn’t telling the truth to Americans is no conspiracy theory: it’s right out there in the open for everyone to see. The CDC openly admits that it is fudging the COVID-19 death figures.
We know this because, among other truth-tellers, a plainspoken small-town physician from Kalispell, Montana, has pulled back the curtain.
Dr. Annie Bukacek, MD, explained in a presentation how death certificates are made. (See “Montana physician Dr. Annie Bukacek discusses how COVID-19 death certificates are being manipulated,” YouTube, April 6)
Why should anyone care how a certificate of death is made?
Everyone should care “today when governments are making massive changes that affect our constitutional rights and those changes are based on inaccurate statistics,” Bukacek says.

The system is deeply flawed, she argues.
Few people know how much individual power and leeway is given to the physician, coroner, or medical examiner, signing the death certificate. How do I know this? I've been filling out death certificates for over 30 years.

More often than we want to admit, we don’t know with certainty the cause of death when we fill out death certificates. That is just life. We are doctors, not God. Autopsies are rarely performed and even when an autopsy is done the actual cause of death is not always clear. Physicians make their best guesstimate and fill out the form. Then that listed cause of death … is entered into a vital records data bank to use for statistical analysis, which then gives out inaccurate numbers, as you can imagine. Those inaccurate numbers then become accepted as factual information even though much of it is false.
This has been the way it has been done for some time, Bukacek says.
So even before we heard of COVID-19, death certificates were based on assumptions and educated guesses that go unquestioned. When it comes to COVID-19 there is the additional data skewer, that is –get this— there is no universal definition of COVID-19 death. The Centers for Disease Control, updated from yesterday, April 4th, still states that mortality, quote unquote, data includes both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19. That’s from their website.

Translation? The CDC counts both true COVID-19 cases and speculative guesses of COVID-19 the same. They call it death by COVID-19. They automatically overestimate the real death numbers, by their own admission. Prior to COVID-19, people were more likely to get an accurate cause of death written on their death certificate if they died in the hospital. Why more accurate when a patient dies in the hospital? Because hospital staff has physical examination findings labs, radiologic studies, et cetera, to make a good educated guess. It is estimated that 60 percent of people die in the hospital. But even [with] those in-hospital deaths, the cause of death is not always clear, especially in someone with multiple health conditions, each of which could cause the death.

Bukacek refers to a March 24 CDC memo from Steven Schwartz, director of the Division of Vital Statistics for the National Center for Health Statistics, titled “COVID-19 Alert No. 2.”

“The assumption of COVID-19 death,” she says, “can be made even without testing. Based on assumption alone the death can be reported to the public as another COVID-19 casualty.”

There is a question-and-answer section on the memo.

One question is, “Will COVID-19 be the underlying cause?”

The answer is: “The underlying cause depends upon what and where conditions are reported on the death certificate. However, the rules for coding and selection of the underlying cause of death are expected to result in COVID-19 being the underlying cause more often than not.”

Another question is, “Should ‘COVID-19’ be reported on the death certificate only with a confirmed test?”

The answer is:
“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death.” [Boldfacing in original]

The rest of the article can be read here.

It's plain from the CDC's own words that they are counting flu deaths as coronavirus deaths, and that behavior is intentional. The motivation? To make the coronavirus as scary as possible to the average citizen, so the deep state and Democrats can keep on removing our rights under the constitution.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another story on the inflation of coronavirus numbers. This comes from Project Veritas.

[h=1]BREAKING: Funeral Directors in COVID-19 Epicenter Doubt Legitimacy of Deaths Attributed to Pandemic, Fear Numbers are 'Padded'[/h] Project Veritas today released another video featuring conversations with funeral home directors and their staff throughout New York City questioning the number of deaths officially attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • Judge Calls Bullsh*t on Relative’s COVID-19 Cause of Death
  • Funeral Home: To Me all You're Doing is Padding the Statistics…Making the Death Rates in New York City Higher than Estimated
  • Staten Island Funeral Director Questions Mayor DeBlasio’s Role and Adds: I Think It’s Political
  • Brooklyn Funeral Director: They Are Padding Numbers; Medical Examiners Too Busy to Investigate
  • Brooklyn Funeral Director: 40-year-old Died in Home with No Symptoms Other Than Fever, Toe-Tagged as COVID-19 Victim
[Mamaroneck, N.Y.—April 30, 2020] Project Veritas today released another video featuring conversations with funeral home directors and their staff throughout New York City questioning the number of deaths officially attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic.

In late April, a Project Veritas reporter spoke with Michael Lanza, the director of Staten
Island’s Colonial Funeral Home.

“To be honest with you, all of the death certificates are writing COVID on it, they’re writing
COVID on all the death certificates,” Lanza said.

Lanza said DeBlasio might see inflated COVID death tallies as a way to bring more money to New York City. “Whether they had a positive test or didn’t, so I think again this is my
personal opinion, I think like the mayor and our city--they’re looking for federal funding and the more they put COVID on the death certificate the more they can ask from the federal funds.”
The Staten Island funeral director said it did not add up to him.

“I think it’s political, so, I’m going to turn around and say: ‘You know, like, not everybody
that we have here that has COVID on the death certificate died of COVID.’ Can I prove that? No, but that is my suspicion.”

Josephine DiMiceli, president of the DiMiceli and Sons, a Queens-based funeral service told a Project Veritas journalist that a Supreme Court justice got involved in one case of a non-COVID-19 death that was listed as a casualty of the pandemic.

The sister of a deceased woman called DiMiceli and told her late sister suffered with
Alzheimer’s Disease and was not treated for COVID-19, she said.

“The sister refused to believe that her sister had COVID-19 and like I said, she was the one that said to me she says well my cousin is you know, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court,” DiMiceli said. “We’re gonna get an autopsy,’ and I said do what you gotta do, you know and she did what she had to do and sure enough I called her and I said to her that the doctor signed the death certificate did the autopsy – no COVID-19.”

The rest of this article, plus the Project Veritas video on it, can be read here.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I would guess that if a patient had symptoms related to flu: their death got labeled as COVID-19 due to the money the hospital would get for their treatment.

Short answer is here: https://twitter.com/TylerMorganMe/status/1247706877145776129

But as Lon said above, obviously the shut down and social distancing was done with the purpose of slowing down the spread of coronavirus. The bonus is that it will have the same effect on other communicable diseases as well.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Its my understanding that the cases and deaths "officially" attributed to COVID-19 are those that have tested positive - it now appears that the pandemic was actually present in America 6 weeks before the first reported death, and since the CDC was still trying to get its testing problems corrected, earlier deaths would have been attributed to other causes!

Apparently from Mar. 11-April 25th, the NYC health authorities had underestimated the "official* deaths attributed to COVID-19 by 309%, and from Mar. 14-April 17 the British underestimated them by 55%!

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
46,000 Missing Deaths: Tracking the True Toll of the Coronavirus Outbreak
April 30, 2020

At least 46,000 more people have died during the coronavirus pandemic than the official Covid-19 death counts report, a review of mortality data in 14 countries shows — providing a clearer, if still incomplete, picture of the toll of the crisis.

Over the last two months, far more people have died in most of these countries than in previous years, The New York Times found. The totals include deaths from Covid-19 as well as those from other causes, likely including people who could not be treated as hospitals became overwhelmed.

These numbers undermine the notion that many people who have died from the virus may soon have died anyway. In Paris, more than twice the usual number of people have died each day, far more than the peak of a bad flu season. In New York City, the number has spiked to six times the normal amount.

The city has become the epicenter of the outbreak in the United States. More than 27,000 people have died since the beginning of March — 20,900 more than normal.

Where we found higher deaths than normal
AREA PCT. ABOVE NORMAL EXCESS- REPORTED COVID-19 DEATHS - DIFFERENCE
U.K.
Mar. 14 - Apr. 17
55%31,50020,904=10,600
Ecuador
Mar. 1 - Apr. 22
82%9,900842=9,000
Spain
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
82%25,40016,921=8,500
France
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
47%20,60014,266=6,400
New York City
Mar. 11 - Apr. 25
309%20,80016,673=4,200
Netherlands
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
52%6,1003,151=3,000
Jakarta
March
57%1,60084=1,500
Istanbul
Mar. 9 - Apr. 26
31%3,1001,683=1,400
Belgium
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
62%5,3004,500=800
Switzerland
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
31%1,500988=500
Germany
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
3%1,4001,330=100
Sweden
Mar. 16 - Apr. 19
24%2,1001,998=100
Denmark
Mar. 16 - Apr. 19
4%200354=<0
Norway
Mar. 16 - Apr. 12
Below normal-100124=<0
Note: Excess deaths are estimates that include deaths from Covid-19 and other causes. Reported Covid-19 deaths reflect official coronavirus deaths during the period when all-cause mortality data is available, including figures that were later revised. Reported Covid-19 deaths in Istanbul are estimated based on the government’s statement that 60 percent of the country’s cases are in the city.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ng-deaths.http

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************

Apparently the under-reporting of COVID-19 deaths has been widespread phenomena given that the inability of the health authorities to explain the high number of excess-deaths that weren't designated as officially" related to the pandemic!

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Could the mandatory separation as well as recommended isolation prior, also have affected flu statistics as well? My first guess is that whatever has stemmed, proactively, the Covid-19 spread, would also account for a low season of all transmitted illnesses? Worth a look (the drop seems coincidental if not causual)? :idunno:

That's common sense, Lon. Unfortunately, a baseless conspiracy theory mentality is one of the major symptoms of Trump-mania.