The Failure of Cuomo and DeBlasio

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

1) Recent studies tracing the origins of COVID-19 in New York and New Jersey have concluded that it entered through JFK International before the ban on European flights and not from China!

2) Neither the Governor nor the Mayor are responsible for creating a COVID-19 test to detect the virus on international flights coming into JFK - that responsibility lies with the CDC, a federal agency in the Trump Administration!

3) JFK International in the major eastern entry point for flights coming to the USA and is served by over 90 different airlines that handle approximately 61 million passengers a year.

4) That averages 5 million passengers per month, which is more than the total population of many Republican states that aren't exposed to the medical problems associated with a major international airport!

5) Although the New York Port Authority operates the JFK facility, the FFA, a federal agency in the Department of Transportation, is responsible for all aviation matters in the nation.

6) As the President is so fond of reminding us of his decision to ban flights from China, neither the Governor nor the Mayor of New York have the authority to ban international flights even if they are entering into their jurisdictions!

7) Unlike the President, the Governor and the Mayor do not receive daily briefings from America's intelligence agencies and are therefore not in a position to received advanced warnings of a worldwide pandemic!

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

1) Recent studies tracing the origins of COVID-19 in New York and New Jersey have concluded that it entered through JFK International before the ban on European flights and not from China!

Perhaps!

I've seen the studies!

They're certainly not definitive!

2) Neither the Governor nor the Mayor are responsible for creating a COVID-18 test to detect the virus - that's the responsibility of the CDC, a federal agency in the Trump Administration!

Good job Canadian!

You've been applying your obsession with MY President and are actually learning how my country works!

The following details a failure of the Governor and Mayor (and others!) to properly manage their responsibilities in the early days of the crisis!

De Blasio, NYC Officials Downplayed COVID-19 Threat After Trump Restricted Travel to China. Here Are 5 Examples.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/...re-5-examples/

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps!

I've seen the studies!

They're certainly not definitive!

Good job Canadian!

You've been applying your obsession with MY President and are actually learning how my country works!

The following details a failure of the Governor and Mayor (and others!) to properly manage their responsibilities in the early days of the crisis!

De Blasio, NYC Officials Downplayed COVID-19 Threat After Trump Restricted Travel to China. Here Are 5 Examples.

1) The Italy- New York link makes more sense than China - New York link.

2) The President has his daily briefings from his intelligence agencies but he was still in denial in early March, information comes with added responsibility

3) Without access to testing, the Governor and the Mayor were operating in the dark - they had no idea as to how far the virus had spread until it was too late

4) Even if they had known, neither the Governor nor the Mayor were in a position to stop international flights in their jurisdiction

5) 5 million passengers a month, approximately 170,000 a day, places New York on the frontline during a worldwide pandemic

Last edited:

ok doser

1) The Italy- New York link makes more sense than China - New York link.

2) The President has his daily briefings from his intelligence agencies but he was still in denial in early March, information comes added responsibility

3) Without access testing the Governor and the Mayor were operating in the dark - they had no idea as to spread of the virus until it was too late

4) Even if they had known, neither the Governor nor the Mayor were in a position to stop international flights into their jurisdiction

5) 5 million passengers a month, approximately 170,000 a day, places New York under huge exposure to disease during a worldwide pandemic

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I've written elsewhere about how the story of the Chinese Virus in the US is largely the story of the ineptitude of the Mayor of NYC and the Governor of NYS. Roughly half of all US cases of Covid-19 are in the metropolitan NYC area, including NJ and Conn. I was prompted to start this thread by this news story, which I just heard on the CBC in disbelief - here we are six, seven, eight weeks into this "pandemic" (depending on where you start counting) and Cuomo has finally realized that the NYC subway system and public buses might be a problem. You couldn't make this stuff up. :nono:

Masks will be mandatory on all MTA transit starting Friday

Face masks or coverings will be mandatory for customers on MTA subways, buses and other forms of mass transit as of Friday, according to the agency.

The agency said Wednesday that it is part of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive order requiring face coverings in busy places during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order, all customers will be required to wear a face covering while traveling with us during this pandemic, effective Friday April 17,” MTA Chairman Pat Foye said in a statement.

“Wearing masks and other face coverings in public will help stop the spread and ultimately save lives.”

Foye’s comments echoed Cuomo’s from earlier in the day that “if you’re going to get on public transit, you’re going to get on a bus, you’re going to get on a subway, you’re going to stand on a subway platform… you must wear a mask or cloth or an attractive bandanna or a color-coordinated bandanna cloth.”

The MTA has been mired by reports of dangerously-crowded subways and buses after officials slashed service to cope with thousands of workers calling out sick due to the coronavirus.

At least 59 transit workers have died from COVID-19, and Foye himself tested positive for the virus. The MTA only began giving its own workers masks in late March.

The toll has raised alarm among front-line workers concerned about crowds and the large numbers of homeless riding and living on trains.

“The riders are pissed, especially the last two weeks,” one train operator told The Post. “I’ve never seen them like that. They’re outright yelling.”

“You have people yelling at us, [that] they paid their fare and shouldn’t be subjected to that. And we agree, but there’s nothing we can do.”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/15/masks-...arting-friday/

Trump's commencement speech is requiring 1,000 West Point cadets return to campus for graduation amid the coronavirus pandemic
April 26, 2020

President Donald Trump's recent announcement he'd be speaking at West Point's graduation ceremony stunned officials at the school and raised serious concerns about the safety of the 1,000 cadets who are being recalled as a result, The New York Times reported on Friday.

Universities across the US have sent students home due to the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19. West Point cadets were ordered to stay home at the end of their spring break in March as the coronavirus outbreak in the US escalated.

The graduation ceremony had initially been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, but Trump's April 17 announcement reportedly kicked planning for the event into gear.

"I'm doing it at West Point, which I look forward to," Trump said at the daily White House press briefing a little over a week ago. "I did it last year at Air Force, I did it at Annapolis, I did it at the Coast Guard Academy, and I'm doing it at West Point. And I assume they're — they've got it, and I understand they'll have distancing. They'll have some big distance, and so it'll be very different than it ever looked."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-speech-2020-4
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************
Given that our resident "conservatives" are now shedding "crocodile tears" about the plight of New Yorkers on the subway and the "irresponsible" demands of the Governor and Mayor that they wear masks, perhaps they could direct some of that "self-righteous indignation at a President who wants the graduating class of West Point to reconvene so as to provide him with the"photo op" of providing the commencement address!

Apparently the announcement stunned school officials, West Point which is located an hour outside New York City, the America epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic, had received no advanced warning prior to the President's public announcement and have expressed concerns for the welfare of their 1000 cadets!

Last edited:

ok doser

Given that our resident ...

Resident New Yorker.

I am a New Yorker, an American. Not a resident of NYC.

In a similar way many of my friends are Ontarians, Canadians. Not Torontonians.

Cuomo is my Governor. Deblasio is NOT my Mayor.

And we don't have Reeves . :p

ok doser

... justify this President's announcement ...

there's no justification necessary, certainly not to a foreign national with an irrational obsessive pathological hatred of another country's leader - it's his call as Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

He plays the role QE2 does in your country, through her surrogate Payette

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Cuomo's response to COVID-19 gives him highest approval ...
www.democratandchronicle.com › politics › albany › 2020/04/27 › c...
​​​Cuomo's response to COVID-19 gives him highest approval rating. ...

Election Approval Rating - Governor ... - RealClearPolitics
www.realclearpolitics.com › governor_cuomo_job_approval-3502
RealClearPolitics - Election Approval Rating - Governor Cuomo Job Approval.

87% of NYers Approve of Cuomo's Handling of the Coronavirus
scri.siena.edu › Political
Posted By: Siena College Research Institute March 30, 2020 ... Cuomo's favorability rating jumped to 71-23 percent this month, up dramatically from 44-50 ...

Andrew Cuomo's approval rating soars amid coronavirus: poll
nypost.com › 2020/03/30 › new-yorkers-approve-of-cuomos-respons...
Mar 30, 2020 - Despite the disruptions, Cuomo's favorability rating jumped to 71 to 23 percent — marking a dramatic increase from a February poll that ...

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

Despite the conservative critics, Governor Cuomo has been receiving higher approval ratings, while those of this President continue to decline - both are conducting daily briefings, but one has only to observe the performance of both to as to determine as to why the Governor has achieved far more public support!

ok doser

Yes

their failure to protect the populations they were responsible for is the direct cause of the horrendous mess Metro NYC finds itself in

the rest of the state (my county has 60 confirmed cases, 0 deaths) and the rest of the country is doing about as well as Germany and Canada