Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

tieman55

Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

Assuming that your children are all living in the same household, nobody is claiming that you can't hug them - given that if just one has COVIR-19, the whole family has probably been infected before they start to show signs!

The flu has a mortality rate of approximately 0.1% - with COVIR-19 that rate increases dramatically to 6% in France, 8% in Spain and in Italy it may be as high as 11%!

For now you can still hug your children but you can't play baseball with them ! At least in Denver https://kdvr.com/news/man-arrested-...rk-for-allegedly-violating-social-distancing/

Also, your statistics of mortality rate are out of date, the rates are much lower than you said, will you please correct your data for us and put in the latest numbers?

eider

The only Top Gear worth watching is with those three...:D

Absolutely and your dad sounds quite the man as well. :) Essex Anglican? Sounds okay to me. Sometimes people forget just how many people of different nations fought alongside in war.

Well, it was an experience first joining here back in 2006...

In other news the police are apparently considering these measures:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-lockdown-shopping-trolleys-104151118.html

Can't see how this could reasonably be enforced. Thoughts?

Trolley checks won't be a problem.
For instance, Halfords stores are offering sales at stores entrances, they get whatever you need and bring it out to you. If your bike needs fixing then that is an essential purchase required.
So of the police search my trolley then I will be able to explain my needs.
Easy. No problem.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Also, your statistics ...

his stats are an absolute mess, it was pointed out to him by several posters and he was not interested in discussing it

just the way you'd expect a russian bot spreading disinformation to be

he's banned at the moment

Arthur Brain

Trolley checks won't be a problem.
For instance, Halfords stores are offering sales at stores entrances, they get whatever you need and bring it out to you. If your bike needs fixing then that is an essential purchase required.
So of the police search my trolley then I will be able to explain my needs.
Easy. No problem.

You would think it shouldn't be but there don't seem to be any specific guidelines. For example, you might be out for bread, toilet roll, tins and while at the supermarket you buy some wine or chocolate as well, what aren't exactly "essential items". Can't see how this can be policed and as others commented in the link, if supermarkets are selling non essential items then how can it be illegal to buy them? Hopefully common sense will prevail.

ok doser

You would think it shouldn't be but there don't seem to be any specific guidelines. For example, you might be out for bread, toilet roll, tins and while at the supermarket you buy some wine or chocolate as well, what aren't exactly "essential items". Can't see how this can be policed and as others commented in the link, if supermarkets are selling non essential items then how can it be illegal to buy them? Hopefully common sense will prevail.

you libs just behave like good little sheeple and the government will keep you safe and warm and cozy

i believe I may have covered this ground earlier:
... liberalism is a mental disorder, characterized by the delayed development of the self, in which those afflicted are in a suspended state of childhood, dependent on government to fill the role of mother, to care for their every need, to save them from all worry.

eider

You would think it shouldn't be but there don't seem to be any specific guidelines. For example, you might be out for bread, toilet roll, tins and while at the supermarket you buy some wine or chocolate as well, what aren't exactly "essential items". Can't see how this can be policed and as others commented in the link, if supermarkets are selling non essential items then how can it be illegal to buy them? Hopefully common sense will preva il.

I will wait to see any reports of crazy-cop policing. They are going to be so busy turning around would-be Easter vacation traffic that I don't think that they will be able to police chocy-bar sales. Let's see.

I want to go out over the foreshore in 30 minutes' time (low water) for the heavy exercise of walking through mud and to collect an ideal shape of oyster for copy-casting in white metal. Normally I would take a bucket with me and collect a feed of oysters but should police be turning folks off the beach top I don't think I'm going to attract their attention by caring a bucket of oysters. In fact, if I see any police on the sea front I might just leave it completely because their idea of heavy exercise might be a person in a tracksuit, not thigh waders! We'll see.......

If the public is released to its own wishes this long-weekend then the sickness will just be accelerated back up the charts and will increase our lock-down much further than might have been necessary........ but can all folks see that?

The Beeb reports this morning that New York has a higher mortality number than any country in the World. That is so dreadful......

Arthur Brain

I will wait to see any reports of crazy-cop policing. They are going to be so busy turning around would-be Easter vacation traffic that I don't think that they will be able to police chocy-bar sales. Let's see.

I want to go out over the foreshore in 30 minutes' time (low water) for the heavy exercise of walking through mud and to collect an ideal shape of oyster for copy-casting in white metal. Normally I would take a bucket with me and collect a feed of oysters but should police be turning folks off the beach top I don't think I'm going to attract their attention by caring a bucket of oysters. In fact, if I see any police on the sea front I might just leave it completely because their idea of heavy exercise might be a person in a tracksuit, not thigh waders! We'll see.......

If the public is released to its own wishes this long-weekend then the sickness will just be accelerated back up the charts and will increase our lock-down much further than might have been necessary........ but can all folks see that?

The Beeb reports this morning that New York has a higher mortality number than any country in the World. That is so dreadful......

Well, will have to wait. I went to the supermarket earlier and there was a load of traffic about, it was almost like a normal day...

ok doser

apparently not

I went to the supermarket earlier and there was a load of traffic about, it was almost like a normal day...

eider

Well, will have to wait. I went to the supermarket earlier and there was a load of traffic about, it was almost like a normal day...

But very quiet here this Good Friday morning. The queue at Tesco convenience was only two persons.
I notice that the government has pointed out that customers on shops can peruse and buy anything that is for sale, so at least that is sorted out.

The beach was totally deserted with a few joggers on the sea wall. A police atv was patrolling the sea wall to deter any misuse of freedom

Arthur...... I don't think our graphs are flattening out at all. Highest number of deaths in a day to date. I can't see a turning point in sight yet.

Arthur Brain

But very quiet here this Good Friday morning. The queue at Tesco convenience was only two persons.
I notice that the government has pointed out that customers on shops can peruse and buy anything that is for sale, so at least that is sorted out.

The beach was totally deserted with a few joggers on the sea wall. A police atv was patrolling the sea wall to deter any misuse of freedom

Arthur...... I don't think our graphs are flattening out at all. Highest number of deaths in a day to date. I can't see a turning point in sight yet.

Well, I live in a town so maybe it was just busy because it's Easter weekend and the shops will be shut on Sunday.

Where it comes to your latter, I'm hesitant to comment as a rise was still to be expected but I hope that turning point arrives ASAP.

eider

Well, I live in a town so maybe it was just busy because it's Easter weekend and the shops will be shut on Sunday.

Where it comes to your latter, I'm hesitant to comment as a rise was still to be expected but I hope that turning point arrives ASAP.

At least Boris is taking short walks now.
That was the good news for today, folks. 😁

I selected a small oyster off the foreshore this morning and caste copy of it in white metal.
Ummmm..... I tried to staple a photo to this but can't seem to do that.
😪