No announcement yet.

Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

To love another, you can't distance yourself, love . . . is not a gift you can give from a distance. Love can only be dispensed, face to face and eye to eye . . . to distance each other is not healthy for society. Distancing yourself tells people who aren't like you that you are afraid of them . . . how sad. The liberals brought this too us and far far to many christian's, instantly go along with their insanity, it breaks my heart. The internet has distanced us enough, only to take it another step is going to be very bad for society.

Are you going to distance yourself from your children?

I have been raising my own children for about 20 years, and some other kids along the way. My youngest is 9, so I have at least another 9 years to go. I am looking forward (a figure of speech) to each and every cold that my children give me! As those cold's keep me strong for them!

Colds are a gift from God. God created us with an immune system that needs to be exercised.

I don't want a cold and I really hate being sick, but they are necessary and in the long run good for me. Whenever my kids are sick, I don't shy away from them in any manner. I can't even imagine the idea of not loving my children, especially when they are not feeling well. Regardless of their health, even if it killed me . . . I am not missing a hug from my or any sick child!

The new social distancing, in my opinion is egocentric, stupid and unnecessary.

Think back your own life . . . . As I think back, I can't recall a cold that I didn't get from my children, that is where people get sick, it is from our kids, most likely that was God's intent. If an adult is sick and they are around other adults, usually they say something and or they keep their distance, so social distancing has always been around . . . as they almost always say . . . "I got a cold from my kids", I have heard that phrase a thousand times . . . while completely anecdotal, it rings true in my own life, we get sick, colds, the flu, from our kids. And that is a good thing as it keeps us strong for them.

Hopefully I will be very old one day, hopefully I will have grand kids that will love me, and I can promise you that I will requite their love, whether they are sick or not, whether I am healthy or not, I will never ever refuse a hug from my children.

Clean is good, sterile is not!

Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

Assuming that your children are all living in the same household, nobody is claiming that you can't hug them - given that if just one has COVIR-19, the whole family has probably been infected before they start to show signs!

What you should be guarding against is limiting further interaction with those outside your home, who may be unaware that they are already potential carriers!

That includes attending church where a minister in Florida was charged with willfully defying a medical ban and placing his congregation at risk, by holding a service last Sunday!

The flu has a mortality rate of approximately 0.1% - with COVIR-19 that rate increases dramatically to 6% in France, 8% in Spain and in Italy it may be as high as 11%!

Comment

Originally posted by jgarden View Post
      .... COVIR-19 is not thew flu which has a death rate of approximately 0.1% - in France it is 6%, Spain 8% and in Italy it may be as high as 11%!

once again, your ignorance of science appears

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

once again, your ignorance of science appears
        Please explain.
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

Please explain.
          "a death rate of approximately 0.1%"

This is calculated after the normal flu season by dividing the number of deaths by the total population

"COVIR-19 ... in France it is 6%, Spain 8% and in Italy it may be as high as 11%"

This is being calculated during the flu season by dividing the number of deaths by the number of infected

I prefer the numbers found here

cases per 1M pop

and

deaths per 1M pop

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

"a death rate of approximately 0.1%" is calculated after the normal flu season by dividing the number of deaths from the total population

"COVIR-19 ... in France it is 6%, Spain 8% and in Italy it may be as high as 11%" is calculated during the flu season by dividing the number of deaths from the number of infected

I prefer the numbers found here

cases per 1M pop

and

deaths per 1M pop
            Each type of statistic has its value. Deaths per million population can be deceiving at times. You will always have a higher rate of deaths per million in densely populated areas.

The deaths per confirmed infection is very valuable. It's the true "death rate", but we must also take demographics into account.
            All of my ancestors are human.
            Originally posted by Squeaky
            That explains why your an idiot.
            Originally posted by God's Truth
            Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
            Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
            (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
            (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post

Each type of statistic has its value. Deaths per million population can be deceiving at times. You will always have a higher rate of deaths per million in densely populated areas.

The deaths per confirmed infection is very valuable. It's the true "death rate", but we must also take demographics into account.
              all true, but jgarden was comparing apples to oranges

and the stats I like, I always temper by guesstimating where we are in the curve - they are less useful before the inflection point

Comment

Guys, divergent death rates from COVID-19 are likely from different rates of testing w more testing lowering the death rate.
                Infection & death rates for coronavirus 20200405

The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Comment

For the most recent graphic and a lot more from the producers of these charts, go to kgov.com/covid-19 and click on the graphic there. The flu death rate of 0.1 percent is not based on total U.S. population but based on cases reported divided by the numbers of related deaths. (Otherwise we'd have 300,00 dead Americans yearly from the seasonal flu alone.)
                  Last edited by Bob Enyart; April 5th, 2020, 04:59 PM.
                  The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Enyart View Post
                    The flu death rate of 0.1 percent is not based on total U.S. population but based on cases reported divided by the numbers of related deaths.
                    Hey Bob Enyart . . . .thanks for chiming in! RE: your quote above . . . "related deaths" Isn't it true that the flu is like smoking, in that neither of them are deadly in themselves?

Isn't it also true that the stated causes of death are in no way determined by a standardized method agreed to by all entities that file death reports?

In less than 10 percent of deaths an autopsy is performed. The cause of the other 90 some percent of deaths are, at best, determined subjectively without an autopsy.

Determining what the cause of death is, varies from hospital to hospital, from county to county , state to state and country to country . . so wouldn't you agree that to compare rates/causes of death with no standardized method being used, is basically a waste of time?

Comment

Originally posted by tieman55 View Post
                      To love another, you can't distance yourself, love . . . is not a gift you can give from a distance. Love can only be dispensed, face to face and eye to eye . . . to distance each other is not healthy for society. Distancing yourself tells people who aren't like you that you are afraid of them . . . how sad. The liberals brought this too us and far far to many christian's, instantly go along with their insanity, it breaks my heart. The internet has distanced us enough, only to take it another step is going to be very bad for society.

Are you going to distance yourself from your children?

I have been raising my own children for about 20 years, and some other kids along the way. My youngest is 9, so I have at least another 9 years to go. I am looking forward (a figure of speech) to each and every cold that my children give me! As those cold's keep me strong for them!

Colds are a gift from God. God created us with an immune system that needs to be exercised.

I don't want a cold and I really hate being sick, but they are necessary and in the long run good for me. Whenever my kids are sick, I don't shy away from them in any manner. I can't even imagine the idea of not loving my children, especially when they are not feeling well. Regardless of their health, even if it killed me . . . I am not missing a hug from my or any sick child!

The new social distancing, in my opinion is egocentric, stupid and unnecessary.

Think back your own life . . . . As I think back, I can't recall a cold that I didn't get from my children, that is where people get sick, it is from our kids, most likely that was God's intent. If an adult is sick and they are around other adults, usually they say something and or they keep their distance, so social distancing has always been around . . . as they almost always say . . . "I got a cold from my kids", I have heard that phrase a thousand times . . . while completely anecdotal, it rings true in my own life, we get sick, colds, the flu, from our kids. And that is a good thing as it keeps us strong for them.

Hopefully I will be very old one day, hopefully I will have grand kids that will love me, and I can promise you that I will requite their love, whether they are sick or not, whether I am healthy or not, I will never ever refuse a hug from my children.

Clean is good, sterile is not!

It would definitely be best to keep the guidelines layed down by your Republican President.
                      At this time it is a kind of love for community that causes us all to 'household-isolate'.

As time goes by you will see that this is no ordinary cold.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

It would definitely be best to keep the guidelines layed down by your Republican President.
                        At this time it is a kind of love for community that causes us all to 'household-isolate'.

No, it isn't. As it stands Boris Johnson has now been admitted to intensive care despite earlier only showing mild symptoms of this virus. It's reported that he's still conscious but it remains to be seen how serious this gets. I wish him the best.
                        Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Comment

is that what Boris Johnson did?

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                            ... Boris Johnson has now been admitted to intensive care ...
                            because of Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by jgarden View Post

wear masks!

don't wear masks!

WEAR MASKS!

what's a Canadian to do?

Canada's top doctor says non-medical masks can help stop the spread of COVID-19

The new advice represents a reversal for Tam, who has been reluctant to recommend the use of masks

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/non...read-1.5523321

Comment

Working...
                              X