Italian virologist: Political correctness doomed his country's coronavirus response

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Italian virologist says political correctness doomed his country's coronavirus response
https://www.theblaze.com/news/italy_political_correctness_china_coronavirus

Italy is now the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the globe and one of the country's top virologists says political correctness is partly to blame.

Dr. Giorgio Palù, a professor of virology and microbiology of the University of Padova and the former head of the European and Italian Society for Virology, recently said that concerns over "politics" and being perceived as "racist" delayed Rome's response to the deadly virus that originated in China.

Not only is Liberalism stupid it is also dangerous.

chair

I will agree that PC can get to be ridiculous and dangerous. But, tell me- what has doomed the US response?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I will agree that PC can get to be ridiculous and dangerous. But, tell me- what has doomed the US response?

In New York City it appears to have been a reluctance by young people to heed the warnings and a desire to go on with life as normal.

In some cases of shortages of critical materials such as face masks and hand sanitizer, hoarding has been at play.

IOW, stupid Americans acting exactly as one might expect them to - "to heck with you, I'll do what I want"

chair

In New York City it appears to have been a reluctance by young people to heed the warnings and a desire to go on with life as normal.

In some cases of shortages of critical materials such as face masks and hand sanitizer, hoarding has been at play.

IOW, stupid Americans acting exactly as one might expect them to - "to heck with you, I'll do what I want"

This isn't a particularly American problem. I think that in some parts of Asia people accept authority more than in the rest of the world.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The esteemed virologist included: “There was a proposal to isolate persons coming from the epicenter, coming from China.”

Having said that, the Italian federal government balked at the strategy out of singling out travelers coming from China out of worry it could be construed as racist.

“Then it grew to become noticed as racist, but they were being people today coming from the outbreak.” Palù explained this in the end led to the virus killing about 4,800 people today in Italy, the most of any nation in the entire world.

https://abc14news.com/2020/03/21/it...ess-doomed-his-countrys-coronavirus-response/

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The esteemed virologist included: “There was a proposal to isolate persons coming from the epicenter, coming from China.”

Having said that, the Italian federal government balked at the strategy out of singling out travelers coming from China out of worry it could be construed as racist.

“Then it grew to become noticed as racist, but they were being people today coming from the outbreak.” Palù explained this in the end led to the virus killing about 4,800 people today in Italy, the most of any nation in the entire world.

https://abc14news.com/2020/03/21/it...ess-doomed-his-countrys-coronavirus-response/

still waiting for someone to explain to me why China is a race