Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 Data Tracking

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ok doser View Post


    Sure, we've always been humanitarians, willing to help out people in need

    from your link:


    In a press release from the State Department dated Feb. 7, the agency announced it was prepared to spend up to $100 million to assist China as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths continued to rise there.




    How much assistance did YOUR country give China when it was struggling to contain the China Virus?
    Apparently it would have been asking too much for this President to have connected the dots, taken the advice of his intelligence community, and taken the necessary steps to dramatically increase the production of medical protective gear and ventilators!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jgarden View Post
      ... this President ...

      MY President

      not yours

      worry about your own mismanaged country

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ok doser View Post


        MY President

        not yours

        worry about your own mismanaged country
        The last time I tried to defend myself you reported me and I was banned for being "disruptive" - I don't plan on making the same mistake twice!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jgarden View Post

          The last time I tried to defend myself ...
          i didn't report you

          defend yourself - answer this simple question - what nationality are you?

          I say you're Canadian - it's easy enough to verify, any of the moderators can take a quick peek at your ISP

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ok doser View Post

            i didn't report you

            defend yourself - answer this simple question - what nationality are you?

            I say you're Canadian - it's easy enough to verify, any of the moderators can take a quick peek at your ISP
            What difference does it make where people are from? If he is Canadian does that mean he can't have an opinion?

            Comment


            • Ok, I wanted to give you guys an update on the engineering project. After our first meeting we decided that trying to create a machine to squeeze a Bag Valve Mask is very complicated. It's more than just having a machine squeeze the bag. That is very simple actually. But this machine would need to have a data feedback system that would get hooked into a hospital room's monitoring system. This is very involved and complex. It would require electronics and software. The engineering development would take a long time. It would basically require that we create a startup company and work on it full time.

              So we decided to go on another path. We have decided to modify a CPAP device to ventilation. CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) is a type of machine used by people with sleep apnea.

              https://www.sleepresolutions.com/blo...does-cpap-work

              Our goal to modify a CPAP machine so it operates as a true ventilator.

              I'll keep you all posted.

              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

              What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

              I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
              . -Ktoyou

              I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                Ok, I wanted to give you guys an update on the engineering project. After our first meeting we decided that trying to create a machine to squeeze a Bag Valve Mask is very complicated. It's more than just having a machine squeeze the bag. That is very simple actually. But this machine would need to have a data feedback system that would get hooked into a hospital room's monitoring system. This is very involved and complex. It would require electronics and software. The engineering development would take a long time. It would basically require that we create a startup company and work on it full time.

                So we decided to go on another path. We have decided to modify a CPAP device to ventilation. CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) is a type of machine used by people with sleep apnea.

                https://www.sleepresolutions.com/blo...does-cpap-work

                Our goal to modify a CPAP machine so it operates as a true ventilator.

                I'll keep you all posted.
                Such continuous positive airway pressure (Cpap) devices, which are being used extensively in hospitals in Italy and China, bridge the gap between an oxygen mask and full ventilation. UK hospitals have the apparatus but it is in short supply.

                Engineers from UCL and doctors at University College London hospital (UCLH) developed the device, which is claimed to be an improvement on existing Cpap systems, with Mercedes Formula One in less than 100 hours from first meeting to first production model. The device has been approved by the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.

                “These devices will help to save lives by ensuring that ventilators, a limited resource, are used only for the most severely ill,” said Prof Mervyn Singer, a UCLH critical care consultant who worked on the design.

                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-19-patien
                ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************************

                The British have just invented a valve that when attached to a compressed air supply can act like a ventilator - I suspect that it was intended to be used in conjunction with a CPAP machine?

                Google it under Project Pitlane!
                Last edited by jgarden; April 2nd, 2020, 08:25 AM.

                Comment




                • https://abcnews.go.com/Business/proj...ry?id=69871860

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                    Ok, I wanted to give you guys an update on the engineering project. After our first meeting we decided that trying to create a machine to squeeze a Bag Valve Mask is very complicated. It's more than just having a machine squeeze the bag. That is very simple actually. But this machine would need to have a data feedback system that would get hooked into a hospital room's monitoring system. This is very involved and complex. It would require electronics and software. The engineering development would take a long time. It would basically require that we create a startup company and work on it full time.

                    So we decided to go on another path. We have decided to modify a CPAP device to ventilation. CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) is a type of machine used by people with sleep apnea.

                    https://www.sleepresolutions.com/blo...does-cpap-work

                    Our goal to modify a CPAP machine so it operates as a true ventilator.

                    I'll keep you all posted.
                    Outstanding TB!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ok doser View Post

                      i didn't report you

                      defend yourself - answer this simple question - what nationality are you?

                      I say you're Canadian - it's easy enough to verify, any of the moderators can take a quick peek at your ISP
                      Perhaps this Forum would prefer not to set the precedent of allowing one member to arrange for "Theology Online" to release the personal information of another so that he can continue with his personal vendetta to silence him!

                      Those who share my political views might also be questioning as to what it takes for the Moderators of this Forum to step in and put an end to this nonstop harassment in an attempt to silence a 13 year member!

                      In marked contrast to others I could mention, I actually take the time to research most of my responses and try to introduce new information, rather than just posting for the sake of posting - examples Post 112, 113!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jgarden View Post
                        Perhaps this Forum does want to set the precedent of allowing one member to arrange for "Theology Online" to release the personal information of another...
                        it's not personal info, it's readily available to any of the mods or admins

                        and it's a precedent that's already been set - mods and admins have inspected problematic poster's ISP's before

                        so that he can continue with a personal vendetta to silence them!
                        awww, poor baby

                        somebody is trying to "silence" you by questioning your bizarre motivations, your obsessive behavior regarding another nation's leader

                        Those who share my political views ...
                        as far as I can tell, your political views begin and end with "I REALLY REALLY HATE TRUMP!!!"

                        which is really weird considering that you're a Canadian

                        almost as weird as the fact that those who share your views most pronouncedly here are other foreign nationals, the brits artie and eider

                        and like you, they are extremely reluctant to discuss their own leaders

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jgarden View Post
                          Such continuous positive airway pressure (Cpap) devices, which are being used extensively in hospitals in Italy and China, bridge the gap between an oxygen mask and full ventilation. UK hospitals have the apparatus but it is in short supply.

                          Engineers from UCL and doctors at University College London hospital (UCLH) developed the device, which is claimed to be an improvement on existing Cpap systems, with Mercedes Formula One in less than 100 hours from first meeting to first production model. The device has been approved by the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.

                          “These devices will help to save lives by ensuring that ventilators, a limited resource, are used only for the most severely ill,” said Prof Mervyn Singer, a UCLH critical care consultant who worked on the design.

                          https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-19-patien
                          ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************************

                          The British have just invented a valve that when attached to a compressed air supply can act like a ventilator - I suspect that it was intended to be used in conjunction with a CPAP machine?

                          Google it under Project Pitlane!
                          Sweet! Thank you for sharing this. I've already passed the info to our team leader.

                          Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

                          What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

                          I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                          . -Ktoyou

                          I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Berean View Post

                            Sweet! Thank you for sharing this. I've already passed the info to our team leader.
                            I suspect that the United Kingdom market will be purchasing all of the models that this British-based consortium rolls off the assembly line tor the foreseeable future if their invention performs as advertised - this would certainly provide a more cost efficient alternate for those less severe cases, freeing up the limited number of ventilator,s to be reserved for those higher risk patients!

                            This would also mean that if an American-based company, such as yours, were to invent a similar product and/or enter into an agreement with this UK consortium to produce the same product, that would leave them with virtually all of North American market to themselves - at least in the short term!

                            For a company to turn a profit in the middle of a pandemic by producing a product, that would virtually sell itself to hospitals and governments, could be the opportunity of a lifetime - not to mention all the positive media coverage and the accolades from a grateful nation (and President) for lives saved!
                            Last edited by jgarden; April 2nd, 2020, 02:51 PM.

                            Comment


                            • COVID-19 strikes my family again. This time a nephew of mine through marriage (he's the son of my wife's brother) who lives in NYC contracted COVID-19. But, thankfully, he recovered from the virus and is doing well now.
                              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

                              What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

                              I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                              . -Ktoyou

                              I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                                COVID-19 strikes my family again. This time a nephew of mine through marriage (he's the son of my wife's brother) who lives in NYC contracted COVID-19. But, thankfully, he recovered from the virus and is doing well now.
                                I'm glad he recovered. I'm afraid many more here will have relatives of friends who get infected before this is over.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X