No announcement yet.

COVID-19 Data Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It's been tough on my cousin's family. I spoke to his older sister the night he passed and as you can image she was beyond distraught. There was a local news report on his death.

https://pajaronian.com/man-diagnosed...ille-hospital/

My other cousin that took him to the hospital has been in self quarantine along with his wife for a week now but neither has shown any of the major symptoms. Tomorrow (Monday) we will apply online to get a hold of the home testing kit just to make sure they are not infected. I believe these new home testing kits along with the rapid testing kit developed by Cepheid will turn the tide along with sheltering in this fight against COVID-19. We will know who is infected quicker so they can seek medical attention or enter quarantine.

As of earlier today: March 23, 2020, 06:15 GMT

USA
    Confirmed cases: 34,901
    Deaths: 457
    1.31% mortality

California
    Confirmed cases: 1,802
    Deaths: 35
    1.94% mortality
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
      Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It's been tough on my cousin's family. I spoke to his older sister the night he passed and as you can image she was beyond distraught. There was a local news report on his death.
      I think we are all going to have to deal with a lot more grief and fear than we ever expected to.
      "May you be consoled from on high"

Chair

Comment

As I mentioned Cepheid, a Sunnyvale, CA based company, was grated approval by the FDA for a new COVID-19 test that will yield results in just 45 minutes. They plan to start shipping the testing kits this week.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/22/a-...e-diagnostics/

Also, Thermo-Fischer will have 5 million testing kits ready by April 3.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/14/...gnostic-tests/

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by chair View Post

I think we are all going to have to deal with a lot more grief and fear than we ever expected to.
          "May you be consoled from on high"

Chair
          Thank you, Chair. It is much appreciated.

. -Ktoyou

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post

This source says the first case showed up for treatment on January 19, and by then he had already been sick for 4 days: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

"He disclosed that he had returned to Washington State on January 15 after traveling to visit family in Wuhan, China. The patient stated that he had seen a health alert from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the novel coronavirus outbreak in China and, because of his symptoms and recent travel, decided to see a health care provider."
            Thanks. The sites I had seen mentioned Jan. 21, but this is the actual case study.
            So the question about the president's actions gets moved up a couple of days.

Honestly, though it bugs the Heck out of me to see people throw around unsupported statements, like the one I will post again at the end of this, it is not time for blame. It is time for action. And the first step is for everyone to admit how serious the problem is, and to take the shutdown seriously. It doesn't require any difficult math or special resources: Just look at Italy.

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
            It's obvious that he did, since he acted before a single case crossed our borders.

Comment

Originally posted by chair View Post

The first case in the US was on Jan. 21.
              What actions did the president take before that?
              None that I know of, but I was apparently misinformed. I still don't believe that there were any US deaths from COVID-19 before he declared the emergency. Obama waited until 1,000 deaths; that's alarming, to say the least. I'm sure there would have been much less pandemonium due to Swine Flu had he acted sooner. The biggest reason there's so much foolishness by people who are stockpiling toilet paper and such is the fake media making this into the Black Death.
              "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Why soap is effective against COVID-19.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90477657...ainst-covid-19

. -Ktoyou

Comment

I agree, we do need to take this seriously, but God is still in control of this universe, last I checked. I like the advice from one doctor that I read: act in public as if you have it, such that you don't spread it, un-knowingly, if indeed you DO have it (since the incubation period could be five days or longer before symptoms become evident).

Comment

None that I know of, but I was apparently misinformed. I still don't believe that there were any US deaths from COVID-19 before he declared the emergency. Obama waited until 1,000 deaths; that's alarming, to say the least. I'm sure there would have been much less pandemonium due to Swine Flu had he acted sooner. The biggest reason there's so much foolishness by people who are stockpiling toilet paper and such is the fake media making this into the Black Death.
                    so- what's your source for "Obama waited until there were 1,000 deaths"?
                    For the record, I am not a fan of Obama nor Trump.

Comment

From THIS ARTICLE...

President Obama declared a national emergency to deal with the “rapid increase in illness” from the H1N1 influenza virus, 6 months after it began in April and 1,000 Americans had died.

Comment

From THIS ARTICLE...

President Obama declared a national emergency to deal with the “rapid increase in illness” from the H1N1 influenza virus, 6 months after it began in April and 1,000 Americans had died.
                        I highly recommend that you read a wider variety of sources about things.

Comment

I highly recommend that you get saved; but that won't produce much, either.

Comment

I highly recommend that you get saved; but that won't produce much, either.
                            You want to discuss religious matters- there's a forum for that.

Here we are talking about fake facts, and unreliable sites. I'm not saying to Only look at sites that disagree with your set view- but look at them also.

Comment

I do, which is why I found the 'Snopes is Wrong...' story.

By the way, this is a free country and TOL is a Christian website, so I can discuss my faith anywhere I like.
                              Last edited by Aimiel; March 28th, 2020, 12:09 AM. Reason: I find any form of oppression of anyone's opinion offensive.

Comment

99% of Those Who Have Died From Coronavirus Had Other Illnesses, Says Italy's National Health Institute.

25% had 1 illness
                                25% had 2 illnesses
                                48% had 3 or more illnesses

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says

Comment

Working...
                                X