Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Rep. Ilhan Omar

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum

Dalia al-Aqidi tells 'Fox & Friends' that she's running for Congress because Rep. Ilhan Omar is doing 'irreparable harm' to the country with her 'hatred and racism.'

A refugee who loves her new country. What a refreshing change from the usual leftwing hate.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Dalia al-Aqidi tells 'Fox & Friends' that she's running for Congress because Rep. Ilhan Omar is doing 'irreparable harm' to the country with her 'hatred and racism.'

A refugee who loves her new country. What a refreshing change from the usual leftwing hate.

Outstanding!

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Ilhan Omar’s GOP challenger tweets ‘I am an American’ after Omar describes herself 6 other ways
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/il...can-after-omar-describes-herself-6-other-ways

One of at least eight candidates aiming to unseat U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., gave a brief reply this week after Omar posted six ways that she identifies herself.

“I am an American,” wrote Republican Dalia al-Aqidi, a former Iraqi refugee who hopes to replace Omar in representing Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District.

“That’s why I’m running for Congress,” al-Aqidi added.

The response came shortly after Omar’s Twitter message late Sunday, in which the freshman congresswoman listed ways that she describes herself.

“I am, Hijabi, Muslim, Black, Foreign born, Refugee, Somali,” Omar wrote.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
GOP candidate Dalia al-Aqidi on challenging Ilhan Omar, being ignored by mainstream media
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dalia-al-aqidi-ilhan-omar-media

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn, has become a household name as a member of the so-called Democratic "Squad" that was elected to Congress in 2018. The Somali-born member of the House has quickly become a prominent voice of the progressive left often at the center of controversy, from her war of words with President Trump to allegations of engaging in anti-Semitic rhetoric.

Dalia al-Aqidi is hoping to defeat Omar and turn her seat red in November.

Growing up in Iraq under the rule of dictator Saddam Hussein, al-Aqidi said she felt like a "hostage" without the freedom to express herself, as the Iraqi regime controlled the media and forbade any criticism of the government.

"Freedom was a forbidden word. Freedom was a word that we dreamt of and that we yearned for," al-Aqidi told the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) audience in late February.