Brokered convention for Democrats

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
The Democrats are looking at a brokered convention if they cant get a candidate with enough delegates to win on the first round of delegate voting at the convention. So who could the Democrats choose in a brokered convention if they block Bernie Sanders as it seems they will?

"Democratic Leaders Willing to Risk Party Damage to Stop Bernie Sanders

Interviews with dozens of Democratic Party officials, including 93 superdelegates, found overwhelming opposition to handing Mr. Sanders the nomination if he fell short of a majority of delegates.

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senator Chuck Schumer, the minority leader, hear constant warnings from allies about congressional losses in November if the party nominates Bernie Sanders for president. Democratic House members share their Sanders fears on text-messaging chains. Bill Clinton, in calls with old friends, vents about the party getting wiped out in the general election.

And officials in the national and state parties are increasingly anxious about splintered primaries on Super Tuesday and beyond, where the liberal Mr. Sanders, of Vermont, edges out moderate candidates who collectively win more votes.

Dozens of interviews with Democratic establishment leaders this week show that they are not just worried about Mr. Sanders’s candidacy, but are also willing to risk intraparty damage to stop his nomination at the national convention in July if they get the chance."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/us/politics/democratic-superdelegates.html

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Democrats are looking at a brokered convention if they cant get a candidate with enough delegates to win on the first round of delegate voting at the convention. So who could the Democrats choose in a brokered convention if they block Bernie Sanders as it seems they will?

"Democratic Leaders Willing to Risk Party Damage to Stop Bernie Sanders

Interviews with dozens of Democratic Party officials, including 93 superdelegates, found overwhelming opposition to handing Mr. Sanders the nomination if he fell short of a majority of delegates.

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senator Chuck Schumer, the minority leader, hear constant warnings from allies about congressional losses in November if the party nominates Bernie Sanders for president. Democratic House members share their Sanders fears on text-messaging chains. Bill Clinton, in calls with old friends, vents about the party getting wiped out in the general election.

And officials in the national and state parties are increasingly anxious about splintered primaries on Super Tuesday and beyond, where the liberal Mr. Sanders, of Vermont, edges out moderate candidates who collectively win more votes.

Dozens of interviews with Democratic establishment leaders this week show that they are not just worried about Mr. Sanders’s candidacy, but are also willing to risk intraparty damage to stop his nomination at the national convention in July if they get the chance."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/us/politics/democratic-superdelegates.html

Pelosi rolled the dice in August and risked it all

it's looking more and more like she's crapped out

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If Sanders goes into the convention with a plurality of delegates and the DNC tries to rob him, there are going to be riots in the street.

I am not advocating this.

I'm simply noting that they are likely to be a reality.

ok doser

If Sanders goes into the convention with a plurality of delegates and the DNC tries to rob him, there are going to be riots in the street.

maybe they'll just replace him with Hillary :chuckle:

The Berean

Aren't Bernie bros mostly Millennials? Millennials are mostly Internet tough guys and keyboard warriors. They don't actually fight in real life or get into brawls.

ok doser

Aren't Bernie bros mostly Millennials? Millennials are mostly Internet tough guys and keyboard warriors. They don't actually fight in real life or get into brawls.

i was thinking the same thing - you can hardly get them to come out and vote

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]Brokered convention for Democrats[/h] The reality is that while the superdelegates aren't convinced that Sanders can defeat Trump, to be seen blocking his nomination at the Convention will only alienate the largest block of Democratic voters from the Primaries!

ok doser

Brokered convention for Democrats

The reality is that while the superdelegates aren't convinced that Sanders can defeat Trump, to be seen blocking his nomination at the Convention will only alienate the largest block of Democratic voters from the Primaries!

there isn't a candidate running who can beat trump

sorry :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
there isn't a candidate running who can beat trump

sorry :idunno:

Except for Bernie Sanders. Polling consistently shows Bernie Sanders beating Trump in most of the Rust Belt states. Not to mention the fact that Bernie Sanders is overwhelmingly popular with Hispanics. He'll probably win Texas too.

ok doser

Except for Bernie Sanders. Polling consistently shows Bernie Sanders beating Trump in most of the Rust Belt states. Not to mention the fact that Bernie Sanders is overwhelmingly popular with Hispanics. He'll probably win Texas too.

Bernie's getting the attention right now, but nobody is going to pull the lever in November for a 94 year old communist

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hopefully Bernie won’t win the nomination. He is too far left and unrealistic as well as being an unappealing candidate.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Hopefully Bernie won’t win the nomination. He is too far left and unrealistic as well as being an unappealing candidate.

This.

This right here is why old people should not have voting rights.

You have no idea. You have absolutely no idea.

Here are some facts: Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in the entire country. He has an approval rating that's consistently over 50% and often as high as 60%.

If you go issue by issue, the American people overwhelmingly agree with Bernie Sanders on practically every issue. And if you restrict yourself to just the democratic party? We're talking 70%+ support for basically all of his proposals.

The polls consistently show him beating Trump overwhelmingly, and even beating Trump in key swing states.

Bernie Sanders ideologically is most aligned with the American public.

He is widely popular.

And he can beat Trump.

And you hope that THAT guy can't win?

For the love of this country, do not vote in the primaries.

STAY HOME, BOOMER!

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And let me remind any of the boomer democrats who might be reading:

A vote for Biden is a vote for Trump.

Because Biden not only has ideas that are unpopular with the American public, but he is also going to lose.

If Biden gets the nomination, I'm probably not voting for him in the general.

Roughly half of Bernie supporters, when asked whether they would vote for the eventual nominee, responded: "It depends."

Trump supporters are going to turn out in droves, but a lot of democrats under the age of 45 are just going to stay home because you BOOMERS will have nominated an unelectable and unappealing dinosaur of a candidate.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
except last night :darwinsm:

Who? The guy who couldn't beat Biden last night? :darwinsm:

Last night proves my point about old people. Entrance polls showed overwhelming support for Medicare for All in basically all of those states. But old people voted for Biden anyway.

These old retards straight up walked to the voting booth, told reporters that healthcare and medicare for all are their number one issue, and then voted for Biden.

These people shouldn't have voting rights.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Last night proves my point about old people. Entrance polls showed overwhelming support for Medicare for All in basically all of those states. But old people voted for Biden anyway.

These old retards straight up walked to the voting booth, told reporters that healthcare and medicare for all are their number one issue, and then voted for Biden.

"Black voters across eight states with sizable African American populations captured in exit polls voted for Biden — once again providing decisive wins for Barack Obama’s former vice president." -- https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...latinos-120952

Low-information black voters over 40 overwhelmingly voted for Biden, simply because he was Obama's VP.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

ok doser

awwww, you're butthurt because your mancrush on the old geezer didn't pan out last night

sorry fanboi :darwinsm:

Hobie

BANNED
Banned

What about count every vote, I knew they were going to do something to stop Bernie, but never imagined this...

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
What about count every vote, I knew they were going to do something to stop Bernie, but never imagined this...

LOL. Democrats are pathological liars and criminals. Not only did I imagine this I predicted this, and so did Rush Limbaugh.