No announcement yet.

Bernie Sanders Is About to Become President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also want to point out that, even if Bernie Sanders did manage to abolish ICE and CBP, those agencies have only existed since 2003 under the Bush administration.

So it's really not that radical of an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Traditio View Post

We live in a representative democracy. That means that we don't vote for issues/policies. We vote for candidates. There's no such thing as a perfect candidate. At the end of the day, you have to make an evaluation of all of the likely good that the candidate is going to do and of all of the likely bad that the candidate is going to do, and figure out whether it's ultimately "worth it" to vote for the candidate, all things considered. Would I prefer that Bernie Sanders were against gay "marriage" and legalized abortion? Yes. Do I wish that Bernie Sanders were using the same rhetoric on immigration (e.g., "open borders is a Koch Brothers' proposal") today that he was 5 years ago? Yes. [Though, I can't help but notice that Bernie Sanders is getting roughly half of the Hispanic vote; Hispanics are overwhelmingly voting for "Tio Bernie;" so kudos to the Hispanic community on that.]

But again, we have to vote for candidates. I think that, on the whole, Bernie Sanders is the best candidate for the working class of this country. If giving the undocumented immigrants who are already here a path to citizenship means that we also get medicare for all, a federal job guarantee, a minimum wage of $15 per hour, a green new deal, etc., then, in my view, the benefits outweigh the cost.

I also think that immigration is a complicated thing. I think that Bernie Sanders is correctly making the evaluation that having an easily exploited underclass of undocumented immigrants in the workplace is worse for working people than just giving them a legal status and raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour.
      Ok so it sounds like you are a pragmatist. It sounds like you are now ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration if it gets you the stuff YOU want. I am understanding you correctly?
      Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
      . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
        It sounds like you are now ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration
        "...you are now ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration." -- Is that something anyone actually said, or did you just decide to make that up?

Comment

Ok so it sounds like you are a pragmatist. It sounds like you are now ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration if it gets you the stuff YOU want. I am understanding you correctly?
          I think that immigration (whether illegal or not), though bad for the working class of the US, is less bad for the working class than not getting Bernie Sanders' economic proposals signed into law.

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post

"...you are now ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration." -- Is that something anyone actually said, or did you just decide to make that up?
            I'm speaking to Traditio specifically. I'm asking him if he's now ok with illegals continuing to come to the U.S. He created a thread a while back where he was concerned that all the poor uneducated Mexicans coming to the US would be bad because these people for the most part have low IQ's and they will produce children with low IQ's. He referenced a Ph.D thesis that made this argument against Mexican immigration.
            Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

I'm speaking to Traditio specifically. I'm asking him if he's now ok with illegals continuing to come to the U.S.
              I'm just curious as to how support for Bernie equates to being "ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration." Is unchecked illegal immigration something Bernie supports?

Comment

I'm just curious as to how support for Bernie equates to being "ok with continued unchecked illegal immigration." Is unchecked illegal immigration something Bernie supports?
                I wasn't asking Bernie, I was asking Traditio. I was curious whether he has changed his stance on illegal immigration. Apparently he has due to pragmatic reasons.

. -Ktoyou

Comment

The Democrats have not been able to put forth a viable candidate. Biden blew it; he is not a viable candidate because he is too old! So is Mike Bloomberg. So is Bernie. Mr and Mrs average American realise this; no one wants to put a corpse in the White House!
                  So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
                    The Democrats have not been able to put forth a viable candidate. Biden blew it; he is not a viable candidate because he is too old! So is Mike Bloomberg. So is Bernie. Mr and Mrs average American realise this; no one wants to put a corpse in the White House!
                    Bernie Sanders is 78 years old. Referring to a 78 year-old person as a "corpse" says a lot about you and nothing about Bernie Sanders.

Comment

Bernie Sanders is 78 years old. Referring to a 78 year-old person as a "corpse" says a lot about you and nothing about Bernie Sanders.
                      What do you think it says about me?
                      So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Now I see you make silly, non-contextual statements then run form questions. SMACK!
                        So, what?

believe it!

Comment

What do you think it says about you?

Comment

What do you think it says about you?
                            You little miss Nancy!
                            You cannot answer because you are afraid of getting smacked all over by a good ole gal from the South!
                            So, what?

believe it!

Comment

You little miss Nancy!
                              You cannot answer because you are afraid of getting smacked all over by a good ole gal from the South!
                              I don't know how old you are, but you seem to have the mind of a very immature child. Do your parents know that you are playing on the internet?

Comment

I don't know how old you are, but you seem to have the mind of a very immature child. Do your parents know that you are playing on the internet?
                                All you can do is be presumptuous? You are one obtuse little fella, unable to win against Trump gurl. I am Bernie's age, so I know when an old man who had a heart attack campaigning for a job, he is over the hill, not fit to attend; it means he is wasting voters time.
                                I see you deleted that ridiculous avatar, which might be a start, but for showed your rear here.
                                So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Working...
                                X