Chicken Little Might Be Wrong?

chair

I get it - you want desperately to cling to the lie that the sky is falling, that the world is coming to an end in 12 years

There is a lie here. Definitely. I haven't said anything at all in this thread about what I personally think about global warming. so you are lying about my thoughts- of which you know nothing. And teh title of this thread is a lie as well.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There is a lie here. Definitely. I haven't said anything at all in this thread about what I personally think about global warming. so you are lying about my thoughts- of which you know nothing. And teh title of this thread is a lie as well.

it's possible I misunderstood your position.

Do you agree with the individual linked to in post 2 who believes that "Overreacting to climate change is not possible"?

Do you agree with AOC and the other proponents of the New Green Deal, who are willing to risk bankrupting our country, destroying our economy and plunging the world into a global depression?

chair

it's possible I misunderstood your position.

Do you agree with the individual linked to in post 2 who believes that "Overreacting to climate change is not possible"?

Do you agree with AOC and the other proponents of the New Green Deal, who are willing to risk bankrupting our country, destroying our economy and plunging the world into a global depression?

It is certainly possible to overreact to climate change. I do not support the New Green Deal, as far as I understand it. These are extreme, unrealistic positions.
On the other hand, I do think climate change is happening, and it is a problem. I'm not convinced that this is completely a man-made problem.

ok doser

It is certainly possible to overreact to climate change.

and that's exactly what is happening, in our youth, in our media

... apocalyptic beliefs (regarding climate change) are common among young people. A recent Scott Rasmussen/HarrisX poll found that 51% of U.S. voters under the age of 35 believe it is “somewhat likely” or “very likely” that the “the earth will become uninhabitable and humanity will be wiped out” in “the next 10–15 years.”

voters who will help to decide future policy decisions

and why?

because they've been told a lie: https://stream.org/climate-change-fears-teen-activist-empirically-baseless/

ok doser

Two YouTube clips I've been listening to tonight while I've been outside doing yardwork - I'll try to come back and pull out excerpts later:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
84e663a474670bb721da7b5666a2f2ce.jpg

Of course, it's far too late for a generation of retards who have been raised to believe the sky is falling, like Gret

Apparently "ok doser" sees nothing wrong with the 72 year old President of the world's only superpower, sending tweets mocking a 16 year old Swedish girl with Aspergers - apparently neither he nor his supporters don't think he's crossed the line when he targets minors, as long as they aren't Trump's youngest son!

Trump should take a good look at the reception the conservative, climate-denier Prime Minister of Australia is currently receiving from the victims of the unprecedented wildfires engulfing their communities - their "sky is falling" and they are attributing much of the responsibility to climate change!

Last edited:

ok doser

Apparently "ok doser" sees nothing wrong with the 72 year old President of the world's only superpower...

russia still has lots and lots of nukes

sending tweets

twitter is for retards

mocking a 16 year old Swedish girl with Aspergers

not sure why the ages matter, except to point out that Greta is a child, inexperienced, uneducated, ill-informed, easily manipulated by the same people who latched onto Malala when she was convenient and discarded her when they were done

as for Greta's condition, it's not referred to as "Aspergers" any more, the DSM-5 calls it ASD

- apparently neither he nor his supporters don't think he's crossed the line when he targets minors

i'd have to pay attention to twitter to care - and since twitter is for retards, i don't

looks like you do though :)

(australians) are attributing much of the responsibility (for fires, which never happened before climate change) to climate change!

well, they are aussies, citizens of just about the most retarded non-muslim country on the planet :)

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
not sure why the ages matter, except to point out that Greta is a child, inexperienced, uneducated, ill-informed, easily manipulated by the same people who latched onto Malala when she was convenient and discarded her when they were done
Every leader in the world, except this President, knows that publicaly mocking a 16 year old girl crosses way over "the line" - for starters it immediately reverses their roles, making Greta the adult and Trump the child!
The more Trump supporters attempt to justify his actions, the further he forces them down that "slippery slope" of distancing themselves from basic Christian values!

... well, they are aussies, citizens of just about the most retarded non-muslim country on the planet :)
Those "retarded" Aussies just happen to be American allies - when you assassinate Iran's most prominent general the Trump Administration may find that having deliberately alienated its traditional allies, friends may be hard to come by!

ok doser

Every leader in the world, except this President, knows that publicaly mocking ...

i hear this thrown around a lot - do you have a specific example of his "mocking" her?

Those "retarded" Aussies ...

... are great people, just somewhat dim-witted, overall.

I suspect it has to do with the alcohol consumption :)

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
i hear this thrown around a lot - do you have a specific example of his "mocking" her?)

Greta Thunberg: Trump mocks teenage climate activist ...
https://www.cnn.com › 2019/09/24 › politics › trump-greta-thunberg-climat...
Sep 25, 2019 - Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump mocked Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter late Monday night after the 16-year-old excoriated world leaders for not doing enough to tackle the climate crisis. ... Trump's penchant for Twitter insults and online confrontations with

Trump again mocks teen climate activist Greta Thunberg ...
https://www.cnn.com › trump-greta-thunberg-time-person-of-the-year
Dec 12, 2019 - President Donald Trump on Thursday again publicly mocked teen climate crisis activist Greta Thunberg, tweeting that the 16-year-old Swede ...

'Chill!': Trump mocks Greta Thunberg, 16, over Time person of ...
https://globalnews.ca › news › trump-mocks-greta-thunberg-tweet
Dec 12, 2019 - U.S. President Donald Trump attacked teen climate activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter Thursday, mocking the Swedish girl after Time

magazine
Trump mocks Greta Thunberg on Twitter - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com › watch
Dec 12, 2019 - A CNN panel debates a tweet by President Donald Trump attacking climate activist Greta Thunberg after she was named Time magazine's ...

Trump Mocks Greta Thunberg on Twitter, and She Jabs Back ...
https://www.nytimes.com › 2019/12/12 › politics › greta-thunberg-trump
Dec 12, 2019 - Two things have long obsessed President Trump: Time's person of the year and the 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg. This week they ...

Trump mocks 16-year-old Greta Thunberg a day after she is ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2019/12/12
Dec 12, 2019 - On a day in which North Korea issued a fresh threat and a House committee set the stage for his impeachment, President Trump on Thursday ...

Trump mocks teen climate activist Thunberg: 'Chill Greta, Chill ...
https://www.reuters.com › article › trump-mocks-teen-climate-activist-thun...
Dec 12, 2019 - U.S. President Donald Trump reprised his ridicule of 16-year-old Greta Thunberg on Thursday after the Swedish climate activist was named ...

Trump mocks Greta Thunberg after she wins Time Person of ...
https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › trump-mocks-greta-...
Dec 12, 2019 - President Donald Trump mocked teen climate activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter on Thursday after she was named Time magazine's Person of ...

Trump mocks teen climate activist Greta Thunberg after Time ...
https://www.politico.com › news › 2019/12/12 › donald-trump-mocks-gret...
Dec 12, 2019 - President Donald Trump revived his attacks on 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg on Thursday, criticizing Time magazine for naming ..

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************
177K people are talking about this
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************

CNN - Monday's tweet is a striking display of the President teasing a child.

CNN - So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!"
- "What kind of president bullies a teenager? @realDonaldTrump, you could learn a few things from Greta on what it means to be a leader," Biden said on Twitter.

Globalnews - U.S. President Donald Trump attacked teen climate activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter Thursday, mocking the Swedish girl after Time magazine chose her as person of the year.
- Trump retweeted a congratulatory message for Thunberg on Thursday morning, calling it “so ridiculous.”
- critics were quick to accuse Trump of bullying a child — something his own wife, Melania Trump, condemned as part of her anti-bullying Be Best campaign last week.
- “A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics,” Melania tweeted on Dec. 4, in response to comments about her son, Barron.

YouTube -Trump attacks Greta Thunberg on Twitter, GOP does nothing

New York Times - Two things have long obsessed President Trump: Time’s person of the year and the 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg.
- This week they collided when Time picked her for its annual cover. It was never in doubt that the president would tweet about it. The only question was when.

Washington Post - On a day in which North Korea issued a fresh threat and a House committee set the stage for his impeachment, President Trump on Thursday found time to insult 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg after she was named Time’s Person of the Year, an honor he has coveted for years.
- A few hours after Trump’s tweet Thursday, his campaign sent out an altered image of Time’s cover with Trump’s head superimposed in place of Thunberg’s and a tag­line promoting the “power of promises kept.”

Reuters - - U.S. President Donald Trump reprised his ridicule of 16-year-old Greta Thunberg on Thursday after the Swedish climate activist was named Time’s Person of the Year for 2019.
- Thunberg had also been a contender for the Nobel Peace Prize, an honor Trump covets.

NBC News - President Donald Trump mocked teen climate activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter on Thursday after she was named Time magazine's Person of the Year, calling her win "ridiculous" and suggesting she take anger management classes.
- in September, after she made an emotional speech at the United Nations, Trump appeared to mock the 16-year-old by tweeting that she "seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!”
- the president's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., also weighed in on Thunberg's selection, blasting the magazine's decision. "Time leaves out ..... to push a teen being used as a marketing gimmick," he wrote. "How dare you?"
- "Does the President really not have anything better to do today than attack a 16 year old?" tweeted Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va.

Politico - Trump’s criticism adds to his complex relationship with Time. The president both angles for the magazine’s honors and decries the publication when he feels snubbed.
- Trump said in 2018 he did not imagine anyone but himself achieving the status of Person of the Year — but the honor ultimately went to a group of journalists, including murdered Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi
- shortly after Trump's tweet, the president's re-election campaign posted an edited Time cover, photoshopping Trump's face over Thunberg's, writing, "When it comes to keeping his promises, there's only one Person Of The Year."
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************************

"Ok dosier" must have spent the last half of December under a "rock" if he claims to be unaware of "specific examples" of this President mocking Greta Thunberg!

If these 8 sources aren't enough I'm sure I could provide him with many more!

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
According to the IEA report, given only current carbon policies, which nearly everyone studying climate considers terribly weak, the world is on track for about 3 degrees Celsius of warming by 2100, which could, if existing pledges were implemented, be brought down as low as 2.7 degrees — about one and a half degrees less warming than is suggested by the U.N.’s IPCC reports in what is often referred to as the “business as usual” “RCP8.5” scenario.

You do know that scientists have gotten this subject wrong for over half a century, hysteria about another ice age, hysteria about warming, none of which has ever come to pass, nor have any of their pseudo drop dead dates ever happened. This is a huge scam to get into peoples pockets, & exert control over peoples lives all under the guise of science...more like agenda driven junk science, which has gotten it wrong far more than it has ever gotten anything on the subject right. You keep buying what your masters feed you, and like a good lemming you follow with all the trust that every animal has as it is led to the slaughterhouse.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You do know that scientists have gotten this subject wrong for over half a century, hysteria about another ice age, hysteria about warming, none of which has ever come to pass, nor have any of their pseudo drop dead dates ever happened. This is a huge scam to get into peoples pockets, & exert control over peoples lives all under the guise of science...more like agenda driven junk science, which has gotten it wrong far more than it has ever gotten anything on the subject right. You keep buying what your masters feed you, and like a good lemming you follow with all the trust that every animal has as it is led to the slaughterhouse.

titanic-conspiracy_feature.png

A hundred years ago the Titanic sank. It was supposed to be unsinkable. If they were going to make that same cruise again today, thanks to global warming they would not have to worry about icebergs.
- David Letterman

ok doser

The Titanic is unsinkable!

as it turns out, the sinking of the Titanic was directly caused by global warming that started long before the industrial revolution, long before the exploitation of fossil fuels, long before man-made CO2 levels were a thing - during the last ice age, all those icebergs were locked up in the polar cap

Last edited:

ok doser

A hundred years ago the Titanic sank. It was supposed to be unsinkable. If they were going to make that same cruise again today, thanks to global warming they would not have to worry about icebergs.
- David Letterman

Letterman should stick to "comedy" and physically molesting co-workers and jokes about raping 14 year old girls, they're much more his forte than science

30741.jpg

chair

Despite the politics of this issue, at its base lies a simple question: is the earth getting warmer over time, or not?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
titanic-conspiracy_feature.png

- David Letterman

Well there ya go, listening to a scientific genius like David Letterman I suppose you could come to that conclusion. Maybe instead of eating up all the lefty crappola on the subject you should take a more objective approach. If you are not aware there is a site that tracks North Atlantic icebergs for maritime reasons, and there is no shortage of them nor has there been. About two years ago the North Atlantic was hit with a swarm of them and Forbes wrote an article that addressed a "what if the titanic made it's voyage today" scenario, I have posted it below as well as the NAVCEN maritime iceberg tracker site just as an FYI. Don't believe everything Hollywood celebrities tell ya, most of the time they are dead wrong....just sayin.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericma...iden-voyage-across-the-atlantic/#584b0855985b

https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=IcebergLocations