• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolution and its effects.

Truster

Is evolution with its attendant doctrines of natural selection and survival of the fittest, helpful or disastrous for those who suffer emotional pain. It must be a source of severe anxiety for those who are weakened. The reason I ask is that what we are led to believe effects our lives. If something is having an adverse effect on an entire generation then we should be asking questions.

Truster

I posted this, the OP, earlier on a secular website for a support group for anxiety and depression. They will not allow the post. I wonder why.

I'm doing some field research in my studying of "there is no peace unto the wicked".

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no doubt that the philosophy of evolution leads to horrors.

When my son Dan was murdered on the sidewalk at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999, I hoped that would be the last school shooting. Since that day, I’ve tried to answer the question, “Why did this happen?”
This country is in a moral free fall. For over two generations, the public school system has taught in a moral vacuum, expelling God from the school and from the government, replacing Him with evolution, where the strong kill the weak, without moral consequences and life has no inherent value.
We teach there are no absolutes, no right or wrong. And I assure you the murder of innocent children is always wrong, including by abortion. Abortion has diminished the value of children.

https://www.clmagazine.org/topic/pro-life-champions/brian-rohrbough-an-uncompromising-pro-lifer/

chair

Is evolution with its attendant doctrines of natural selection and survival of the fittest, helpful or disastrous for those who suffer emotional pain. It must be a source of severe anxiety for those who are weakened. The reason I ask is that what we are led to believe effects our lives. If something is having an adverse effect on an entire generation then we should be asking questions.

Evolution just is. Do you ask "what is the effect of the sun rising on those who suffer emotional pain"?

Truster

PS
I am not allowed to mention religion on the site and so I'm giving them a taste of the alternative from an angle that they would not have considered. Most of the people even think they can take their own life.

Truster

They allowed the post, but no reply. Probably don't want to be "triggered" and have snuck off to a "safe place".

chair

The fact that you ask the question means you could neither comprehend or accept the answer.

These responses are meaningless. It is about the same as " you're blinded".

It is a serious question. Why would a scientific theory, true or false as it may be, affect someone's emotional state?

Truster

These responses are meaningless. It is about the same as " you're blinded".

It is a serious question. Why would a scientific theory, true or false as it may be, affect someone's emotional state?

Terror belongs to the Almighty and is one of an array of weapons He has at His disposal. "There is no peace unto the wicked" the theory of evolution affords no comfort, no hope just a possibility that the same big bang could as easily end it all as it started it all.

I notice you have many opinions but you lack contemplated conclusions.

chair

Terror belongs to the Almighty and is one of an array of weapons He has at His disposal. "There is no peace unto the wicked" the theory of evolution affords no comfort, no hope just a possibility that the same big bang could as easily end it all as it started it all.

I notice you have many opinions but you lack contemplated conclusions.

The theory of evolution has nothing to do with the big bang.
What you are saying is that Science challenges some religious beliefs. That's true. If it upsets somebody, then they can reject the science, change their beliefs, or continue to be upset. The same is true for the theory of relativity, quantum mechanics, or the heliocentric theory of the solar system. The possibility that theories might upset somebody is not relevant to their being accurate. They aren't invented as comfort items.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it upsets somebody, then they can reject the science, change their beliefs, or continue to be upset.

There's an option you missed. :)

Also, I'm on Truster's ignore list for a good reason. :darwinsm:

chair

There's an option you missed. :)

Also, I'm on Truster's ignore list for a good reason. :darwinsm:

That's something. If I'd bother with ignore lists, you'd be a prime candidate. Not because of your opinions, I can deal with people disagreeing with me. But for your behavior.