Don't Stay In School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonahdog View Post
    If you are wrong you have lived your life in unnecessary fear rather than embracing the way it is. Your loss.
    Fear of what?

If you are wrong, you're spending an eternity of separation from your creator.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
      Fear of what?

If you are wrong, you're spending an eternity of separation from your creator.
      Sure you know, fear of displeasing your god and incurring his wrath, based on myth. There is no creator so I am not worried.

Comment

Fear of displeasing your god and incurring his wrath.
        All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but such is His mercy, that while we were still sinners, He sent His son so that we might have liberty through Him.

Liberty != fear.

You need to learn what it is we believe before you make up reasons for you to hate it.

There is no creator so I am not worried.
        Good luck with that.
        E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

You need to learn what it is we believe before you make up reasons for you to hate it.
          I know what you believe. I don't hate it, for the same reasons I don't hate unicorns. I just think it irrational to base your life on several thousand year old myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Poly View Post
            I'm a homeschooling mom of 23 years ago. Except for a maybe a few iffy parts, this explains a big reason of why we chose to educate our kids ourselves.

Dont stay in school.
            I was taught the things in school that he complains about not being taught.

Consumer math for instance was a required course in my high school, just so we would all be prepared for adulthood. I assumed it was taught in all of them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
              I was taught the things in school that he complains about not being taught.

Consumer math for instance was a required course in my high school, just so we would all be prepared for adulthood. I assumed it was taught in all of them.
              I used to date a girl that had a 9 year old daughter, and I helped her with her homework. The garbage they sent her home with was infuriating. I called the school at least once and they had no good answer for it.

Comment

I know what you believe.
                Which would explain why you just spent a whole lot of time describing it incorrectly.
                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Which would explain why you just spent a whole lot of time describing it incorrectly.
                  Please explain what I described incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel1611 View Post
                    I used to date a girl that had a 9 year old daughter, and I helped her with her homework. The garbage they sent her home with was infuriating. I called the school at least once and they had no good answer for it.
                    Even non-parents are better qualified to teach?

Comment

You said Christians run their lives based on the notion that God would punish them over their beliefs, but everyone will face judgement to the same extent for what they have done regardless of what they believe.
                      E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

You said Christians run their lives based on the notion that God would punish them over their beliefs, but everyone will face judgement to the same extent for what they have done regardless of what they believe.
                        Ah, so it's not just justification by faith alone, works count as well. Didn't know you were a Catholic.

My comment was really that your theology (and those of many here) seemed based on the requirement that you must believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible else your god would not be pleased, and we all know what happens then---Sodom and Gomorrah, babies get killed in a big flood, dogs and cats living together, etc.

Comment

Ah, so it's not just justification by faith alone, works count as well. Didn't know you were a Catholic.
                          Nope.

And when you're corrected as to what someone believes, good form is to acknowledge and atone for your error; not compound it.

My comment was really that your theology (and those of many here) seemed based on the requirement that you must believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible else your god would not be pleased.
                          Nope. We do not believe that either.

Are you just going to keep digging?
                          E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Homeschooling is as good as the parent's understanding and willingness to teach.

I've seen kids enter secondary schools from home schooling, who were superbly prepared. And I've seem kids from homeschooling crash and burn and give up because they lacked basic math and language skills. And I've seen them do O.K., but not excell, because they never learned to critically think about things.

It is doable. But it's entirely dependent on the quality of the teacher.
                            This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Stripe wrote "You said Christians run their lives based on the notion that God would punish them over their beliefs, but everyone will face judgement to the same extent for what they have done regardless of what they believe."

I wrote, "Ah, so it's not just justification by faith alone, works count as well."

To which he responded "Nope.

And when you're corrected as to what someone believes, good form is to acknowledge and atone for your error; not compound it."

Aside from the fact that it is difficult to understand why anyone should atone for misunderstanding some other person's belief.

His original comment clearly indicated that what you "did" in life would count on Judgment Day, but now he seems to say that is not what he meant. I will wait until he explains it to me, as I think as a good Christian he should do. He may be afraid that I will not accept his statement or, even worse, ridicule it. But 1Peter 4:14 suggests he should welcome such ridicule, unless of course he fears his faith is not strong enough to be a good example for his god and needs to resort to one liners and emoticons.

Comment

His original comment clearly indicated that what you "did" in life would count on Judgment Day.
                                No, it didn't.

E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X