Why am I going to home school my kids?

Choleric

The reason why teachers are praised and supported here is because it's assumed they are necessary. Children cannot be educated without public schools. Publics schools require public school teachers. If no teachers, no public schools, then no education for children. So...we have to encourage teachers who suffer this utter insanity for the sake of the children.

But...it is possible to educate children without public schools. And public school teachers.
In fact, children who aren't educated in public schools by publics school teachers are generally better educated.
Which eliminates the need to praise and encourage those who choose to work in this environment and their tireless efforts to poorly educate our children.

Which is why I'm comfortable saying these people are idiots.

The public school system is one of the greatest failures in history. Unfortunately, it is only a matter of time before home-schooling becomes illegal and I am forced to move my family to Europe or something.

Since Home school cannot be attacked based on results, they will find some other excuse, such as abuse, similar to the recent case about the abused home schooler. the reasoning will be, since the kids aren't in school, the government can't watch them and be able to detect abuse, therefore home school is a threat to the welfare of the children, therefore it must be outlawed.

Of course that begs the question, what is the public schools record on recognizing abuse or kids that are about to blow? (see Columbine, Virginia Tech etc) :hammer:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
We finally convinced the other side (the ex-wife and her husband) to go with a Christian private school...but we were foolish in relying on them for half the tuition and this naturally failed to materialize in time to secure Jeremiah a spot. They even told us they'd paid their half when they hadn't. We found out when the school called, wondering if they wanted us to mail or half back to us.

He's public schooling this year. :sigh:

We've already got most of the money we need saved up for the coming year and haven't touched it, even with all the financial problems we're having. I'd rather go without electricity for a few months. I can build a campfire and cook.

I do not like the ex-wife much. I find caring much if her hair were to catch on fire would likely be difficult for me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The public school system is one of the greatest failures in history.

Not from the perspective of the heathen....

Anyway, this is why the bump.

http://news.yahoo.com/la-teacher-suspected-molesting-20-children-091920709.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A fourth-grade teacher who worked for nearly forty years in the Los Angeles Unified School District has been arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing 20 students, a year after another veteran teacher accused of molesting nearly two dozen students brought national attention to the district and the problem of classroom sex abuse.

After a 10-month investigation, eight felony counts of continual sexual abuse and seven counts of lewd acts upon a child were filed Wednesday against Robert Pimentel of Newport Beach for abuse that allegedly took place at George De La Torre Jr. Elementary in the Wilmington area, Officer Christopher No told The Associated Press.

I have a feeling this isn't isolated random things.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A fourth-grade teacher who worked for nearly forty years in the Los Angeles Unified School District has been arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing 20 students, a year after another veteran teacher accused of molesting nearly two dozen students brought national attention to the district and the problem of classroom sex abuse.

After a 10-month investigation, eight felony counts of continual sexual abuse and seven counts of lewd acts upon a child were filed Wednesday against Robert Pimentel of Newport Beach for abuse that allegedly took place at George De La Torre Jr. Elementary in the Wilmington area, Officer Christopher No told The Associated Press.

You do realize that you could easily substitute the word "parochial" with "public" don't you Nick?

fool

Hall of Fame

Where did you find this thread?