Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEL: There Goes a Great American

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BEL: There Goes a Great American

    There Goes a Great American

    Wednesday May 28th 2003. This is show #105.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  • #2
    I called in to this show. Bob took my call about 1/2 hour into the show. I'm always amazed when I'm able to stump Bob with a Bible question. How does that happen?
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Perhaps because he's not omniscient?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jefferson
        I called in to this show. Bob took my call about 1/2 hour into the show. I'm always amazed when I'm able to stump Bob with a Bible question. How does that happen?
        What was your question I forget already.
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Knight
          What was your question I forget already.
          Since Bob uses I Sam. 8 to condemn an income tax greater than 10 percent, then why does he also not use that very same chapter to condemn a military draft?
          WARNING: Graphic video here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Cherrypicking.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jefferson
              Since Bob uses I Sam. 8 to condemn an income tax greater than 10 percent, then why does he also not use that very same chapter to condemn a military draft?
              Oh yea... I remember that call.

              I thought Bob handeled you rather well.

              He didn't pretend to have answer he just said... "Gee, I really haven't given that that much thought....".

              Funny how so many people think Bob is so overbearing and just a "know it all" when is reality he is actually very honest and humble.
              Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
              TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Knight
                Funny how so many people think Bob is so overbearing and just a "know it all" when is reality he is actually very honest and humble.
                How true. I think the main reason why Bob is right about so many issues is because he is so willing to admit he's wrong and correct himself. Most people's egos prevent them from admitting error therefore they remain in error.
                WARNING: Graphic video here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jefferson
                  Since Bob uses I Sam. 8 to condemn an income tax greater than 10 percent, then why does he also not use that very same chapter to condemn a military draft?
                  I called Doug about that when he was guest-hosting for Bob while he was out of town a few months ago. He said he'd ask Bob, but it sounds like he forgot about it.

                  I'm glad you asked him though.

                  (I'm getting caught up on episodes since the wedding. I just listened to this one tonight.)
                  BRXI: Should Christians support the Death Penalty?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X