This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
    Sagan's presentation ignores the experimental evidence readily available, makes claims that he can never support and ignores plain old common sense!
    A cite to the readily available scientific literature, please. Thanks.
    "Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight in vain", G. Smiley

"Send money, guns and lawyers..." W. Zevon

"If it is possible for something to happen, that is evidence that it did happen." Stripe on TOL

"There but for fortune...", P. Ochs

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukia View Post
      Thanks.
      You're welcome.
      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
      E≈mc2
      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
      -Bob B.

Comment

Sagan's presentation ignores the experimental evidence readily available, makes claims that he can never support and ignores plain old common sense!
        Once again, Stripe, it is more helpful if you read what is asked. Please provide a citation to the scientific literature with the evidence.
        "Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight in vain", G. Smiley

"Send money, guns and lawyers..." W. Zevon

"If it is possible for something to happen, that is evidence that it did happen." Stripe on TOL

"There but for fortune...", P. Ochs

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukia View Post
          Once again, Stripe, it is more helpful if you read what is asked. Please provide a citation to the scientific literature with the evidence.
          There's plenty of material out there that challenges Einstein's model. Feel free to do your own research. If you disagree, you could tell us what you think is wrong with what I said. Or if the topic is a bit beyond you, feel free to just read along.
          E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

There's plenty of material out there that challenges Einstein's model.
            Then it will be just that much easier for you to provide the cites to literature and examples of experimentation that Jukia is requesting.

Comment

Actually, I reckon it might be just gravity. Acceleration mimics the effects of gravity, after all.
              Gravity is measured in terms of acceleration, yes, however, that's irrelevant. His example wasn't with regards to acceleration. It was travelling velocity ("great speed"). You do understand the difference do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                Those things are affected by gravity; time is not relative.
                Imagine that. Einstein refuted by declaration from a half literate hillbilly. Your Nobel Prize will be mailed out shortly. Try to avoid spending all that money in just one illegal gambling operation in your cousins' shed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Watson View Post
                  Gravity is measured in terms of acceleration, yes, however, that's irrelevant. His example wasn't with regards to acceleration. It was travelling velocity ("great speed"). You do understand the difference do you?
                  Do you know how to get from one speed to a higher speed, Watson? What verb would you use?

Seriously, you've got to get over your ill-feeling toward me and think a little more clearly.
                  Originally posted by Dr.Watson View Post
                  Imagine that. Einstein refuted by declaration from a half literate hillbilly. Your Nobel Prize will be mailed out shortly. Try to avoid spending all that money in just one illegal gambling operation in your cousins' shed.
                  More nonsense. Try responding with rational reasons for why an idea is wrong instead of all the vitriol.
                  E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

More nonsense. Try responding with rational reasons for why an idea is wrong instead of all the vitriol.
                    Avoid bringing your fanatic religious notions to the science lab and acting like a snot when no one takes you seriously. Also if you can avoid the trolling behavior and actually post some scientific studies that support your conclusions that would be nice, too.

Comment

Do you know how to get from one speed to a higher speed, Watson? What verb would you use?
                      This is irrelevant. The point, that you're refusing to acknowledge, is that the effects that you allude to have been measured by differences in velocity between two observers and not acceleration.

Seriously, you've got to get over your ill-feeling toward me and think a little more clearly...

I will not respect intellectual dishonesty and liars for Jesus. So don't bother asking me to. Want to start earning some respect? Start bringing some evidence to the table when you make huge declarations.

Comment

Avoid bringing your fanatic religious notions to the science lab and acting like a snot when no one takes you seriously. Also if you can avoid the trolling behavior and actually post some scientific studies that support your conclusions that would be nice, too.
                        Please point out one instance where I have brought religion into this conversation.
                        Originally posted by Dr.Watson View Post
                        This is irrelevant. The point, that you're refusing to acknowledge, is that the effects that you allude to have been measured by differences in velocity between two observers and not acceleration.
                        I didn't allude to any effects. I was commenting upon Frayed Knot's presentation of the twins paradox. In the twins paradox one might account for the effects we see by considering things in terms of gravity.

Do you know of a way to experimentally test for the effect on a clock by velocity alone?

I will not respect intellectual dishonesty and liars for Jesus. So don't bother asking me to. Want to start earning some respect? Start bringing some evidence to the table when you make huge declarations.
                        What huge declaration? And where is the lack in evidence? When you place two clocks in different gravity environments, they are affected and will tick at different rates. Thus we rationally conclude that gravity affects clocks.

Quit wailing like a four year old denied an ice cream and just have the conversation.
                        E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Please point out one instance where I have brought religion into this conversation.
                          Are you really going to pretend that you are not rejecting Einsteins theory because of your religious belief? Please clarify that now, and then tell us why, specifically, using cited research and established principles, you do reject relativity. Thanks.

Comment

I can't find the part you're referring to.
                            It was this part:

Originally posted by Bob Enyart View Post
                            When exposed to different gravitational gradients..., it is the various measuring instruments of time, like atomic clocks, seal bladders, GPS satellites, metabolism, etc., that are affected.
                            He specifically listed metabolism as one of those clocks that would be affected by gravity.

Comment

Are you really going to pretend that you are not rejecting Einsteins theory because of your religious belief? Please clarify that now, and then tell us why, specifically, using cited research and established principles, you do reject relativity. Thanks.
                              You're welcome.
                              E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frayed Knot View Post
                                It was this part:He specifically listed metabolism as one of those clocks that would be affected by gravity.
                                Ah! I missed that part. Thank you.

I think Pastor Enyart will agree with my assessment. The evidence we have is that a metabolism is affected by gravity, but it is not affected according to relativity. Time spent in abnormal gravitational environments is detrimental to the metabolism. People would tend to shorten their lifespans by flying off at great speeds through space for long periods of time.

So if we were to run the twins paradox, we would find two identically aged men reunited, but one in a worse state of metabolism.
                                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X