Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

    Firstly, is there anything good about being homophobic? Is there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals? I'm not condoning homosexuality, which the Bible clearly says is wrong, but condemning and disassociating people is something the Bible speaks against. I think if Jesus were alive today, he would not identify himself as a homophobe, that he would be considered a friend of homosexuals.

    On Bob Enyart Live, 3 Jan 2003, Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??

    I find this attitude to be unChristian, offensive and even disgusting.

    Does Bob have any defence?
    Attempting to get to the bottom of arguments at TOL since 2000.

    "Love is the fulfillment of the law." - Romans 13:10

  • #2
    Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

    Originally posted by .Ant
    Does Bob have any defence?
    Call him up on his show and ask him.
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Perhaps Bob is trying to repress his own homosexual tendancies by playing the "super-hetero". It certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

        Originally posted by .Ant
        Firstly, is there anything good about being homophobic? Is there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals? I'm not condoning homosexuality, which the Bible clearly says is wrong, but condemning and disassociating people is something the Bible speaks against. I think if Jesus were alive today, he would not identify himself as a homophobe, that he would be considered a friend of homosexuals.

        On Bob Enyart Live, 3 Jan 2003, Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??

        I find this attitude to be unChristian, offensive and even disgusting.

        Does Bob have any defence?
        Huh????

        What Bible are you reading????
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

          Originally posted by .Ant
          Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??
          Bob called homos gutter-slime? That Bob! He's always too easy on the homos.
          "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



          Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


          Upgrade your TOL membership.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

            Originally posted by .Ant
            I find this attitude to be unChristian, offensive and even disgusting.
            The ONLY thing this web-site has offered me in a positive way is to perhaps make me realize that, as Christians, we should never be lukewarm in our daily walk with the Lord.

            The core of Enyart disciples on board here call many posters "nicer than God" yet never taking a step back and realizing they are often "meaner than God".

            .Ant, one thing we can be thankful for is this Enyart brand of Christianity that he, and others, serve up is few and far between and, save a web site, occasional late night broadcast, or obscure publication that may crop up, will forever remain a small minority; the anger in many posts here may well be the result of their knowing this to be true.

            Comment


            • #7
              naima,

              Unfortunately, it's not that small of a "minority". I'm thinking about folks like Pat Roberson, and Jerry Falwell, and all Christians that support them, and which they represent. They are forever pointing fingers at the "liberal, homosexual, secular humanist" boogey man as the reason for all man's ills, including even the attack on 9/11. When in reality their own toxic and irrational religious dogmas have more in common with Bin Laden's violent fundamentalism than anyone cares to admit. Bin Laden attacked the World Trade Centers as symbols of secular humanism for many of the same reasons Falwell and Robertson used as blame the attack. The only difference really, is in the level of viciousness.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PureX
                Perhaps Bob is trying to repress his own homosexual tendancies by playing the "super-hetero". It certainly wouldn't be the first time that happened.
                Are you homosexual?

                Homsexuals are loved by Jesus Christ but they will go to eternal hell if they reject Christ.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

                  Originally posted by Polycarpadvo
                  Bob called homos gutter-slime? That Bob! He's always too easy on the homos.
                  Hopefully you were being sarcastic. I don't know you well enough to tell.

                  If not - that's not funny. You're a sinner as much as any homo, shall we start insulting you?
                  Attempting to get to the bottom of arguments at TOL since 2000.

                  "Love is the fulfillment of the law." - Romans 13:10

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Homophobes Anonymous

                    Originally posted by Jefferson
                    Call him up on his show and ask him.
                    I live in New Zealand. Toll call + different time zone = not worth it.
                    Originally posted by Knight
                    Huh????

                    What Bible are you reading????
                    Every Bible I know of says "Love your neighbour as yourself." Jesus also said "Again, anyone who says to his brother, `Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, `You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." Calling someone "gutter-slime" is on this level. It is in no way useful to insult someone like that, and I can't see how it can possibly be loving.

                    Did Jesus hang out with prostitutes and tax collectors? Yes. Did they count him among their friends? Yes. Did he condone prostitution and extortion? No.
                    Originally posted by PureX
                    naima,

                    Unfortunately, it's not that small of a "minority". I'm thinking about folks like Pat Roberson, and Jerry Falwell, and all Christians that support them, and which they represent.
                    You're right. It's Christians like these who give the whole of Christianity a bad name. Their stance seems closer to that of the Pharisees than that of Jesus.
                    Attempting to get to the bottom of arguments at TOL since 2000.

                    "Love is the fulfillment of the law." - Romans 13:10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by .Ant
                      Firstly, is there anything good about being homophobic?
                      It makes it less likey that you will contract AIDS.

                      Is there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals?
                      Yes. Many homosexuals aren't ashamed of their behavior like they should be. Social ostracism can help them decide to repent.

                      I'm not condoning homosexuality, which the Bible clearly says is wrong, but condemning and disassociating people is something the Bible speaks against.
                      • Titus 3:10 - "After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy."
                      • I Corinthians 5:11 - "But now I have written to you not to associate intimately, if any man called a brother and is either a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one not to eat.
                      • I Corinthians 5:13 - "But God judges those who are outside. Therefore put out from you the evil one."

                      I think if Jesus were alive today, he would not identify himself as a homophobe, that he would be considered a friend of homosexuals.
                      There were homosexuals in Jesus' day. Where are the verses that show he befriended them?

                      On Bob Enyart Live, 3 Jan 2003, Bob calls "homos" "gutter-slime". Perhaps it is okay to call homosexuals perverts, keeping in mind that we are all guilty of perversion, but "gutter-slime"??
                      What's wrong with "gutter-slime?" The Bible calls them a much worse term. It calls them "reprobates." Besides, is it possible to insult a homosexual worse than they insult themselves by their lifestyle?
                      WARNING: Graphic video here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Judgment of persons is God's job, not ours.

                        Originally posted by Jefferson
                        Originally posted by .AntIs there anything good in condemning and alienating homosexuals?
                        Yes. Many homosexuals aren't ashamed of their behavior like they should be. Social ostracism can help them decide to repent.
                        Out of context, that is true. But in today's world, in our culture, I don't think it does much good. The majority of society supports them. So you're right, there is some value in a degree of alienation. But I think condemnation of other people is something God speaks against. (In other words, I've softened my original statement).

                        Don't get me wrong - I am all for condemnation and alienation of homosexuality. But not of homosexuals. The same principle goes for any sin.
                        Originally posted by Jefferson
                        • Titus 3:10 - "After the first and second warning, reject a man of heresy."
                        • I Corinthians 5:11 - "But now I have written to you not to associate intimately, if any man called a brother and is either a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one not to eat.
                        • I Corinthians 5:13 - "But God judges those who are outside. Therefore put out from you the evil one."
                        Jesus associated intimately with people others, at least, considered to be fornicators and extortioners. It was a point of pride for the Pharisees to point this out.

                        Should we condemn and alienate people because they are in sin and bad habits? Should we condemn and alienate say, people who smoke? How about people who ignore God?

                        Originally posted by Jefferson
                        There were homosexuals in Jesus' day. Where are the verses that show he befriended them?
                        I don't think homosexuality is mentioned in the gospels. But the principle that applies to fornicators and extortioners applies to them.

                        Originally posted by Jefferson
                        What's wrong with "gutter-slime?" The Bible calls them a much worse term. It calls them "reprobates." Besides, is it possible to insult a homosexual worse than they insult themselves by their lifestyle?
                        Maybe, but should I call you "gutter-slime" if you lie? Should I label you "gutter-slime" because you have a habit of being rude to people?
                        Attempting to get to the bottom of arguments at TOL since 2000.

                        "Love is the fulfillment of the law." - Romans 13:10

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think, after reading some of his materials, that Bob's "homophobia" is merely a "schtick"; his showbiz gimmick. He can't abandon it until he finds something just as guarranteed to get the public's interest.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

                            Originally posted by .Ant

                            that's not funny.
                            Says you.
                            You're a sinner as much as any homo, shall we start insulting you?
                            If I ever become a homo...(can't believe I just said that) or take pride in any kind of blatent sin, refusing to see that what I'm doing grieves God, therefore refusing to repent , I do hereby beg and plead that as many people as possible would ridicule me, make fun of me and mock me until they are blue in the face! Please make such a spectacle of my life that I become uncomfortable to live it in such arrogant sin.
                            "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



                            Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


                            Upgrade your TOL membership.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob proud about being homophobic?

                              Originally posted by Polycarpadvo

                              ...or take pride in any kind of blatent sin...
                              And what about not-so-blatent sin? Sin that isn't obvious, that most others don't see? Such sin puts you under God's condemnation as much as homosexuality.

                              As I said above - how about smoking? Or a habit of being impolite?
                              Attempting to get to the bottom of arguments at TOL since 2000.

                              "Love is the fulfillment of the law." - Romans 13:10

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X