Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
88% of Egypt's Muslims Support Death for Leaving Islam

This is the show from Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016

SUMMARY:

The liberal Washington Post reports on the worldwide survey of the liberal Pew Research Center which found that tens of millions of members of thereligionofpeace.com, that is of Islam, advocate beheading or otherwise executing any Muslim who converts to Christianity or otherwise leaves Mohammedanism. Bob also updates yesterday's program discussing Hillary's aide Huma Abedin and the very latest expression of faith from a member of the religion of peace by blowing up 54 people including 22 young children at a wedding in Turkey near the Syrian border.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the numbers are underestimated.
I think many, if not all, of the ones that say they are not for the death of those that leave Islam are just saying that to 'sound' nicer, but deep down really do want it.

gcthomas

Egyptians do have a rather extreme view compared to other Muslim nations, but the 88% figure is wrong. The Washington Post links to the Pew paper, and the only figures on punishment for apostasy is this:
View attachment 24675

So, 86% and not 88%, and not of ALL Muslims, but only the fraction of those Muslims that support adopting sharia as the law of the land.
With 75% supporting adopting sharia, that makes 0.75*0.86 = 65% reported as supporting the death penalty for apostates.

Still scarily high, though, but thankfully all other Muslim nations report figures either somewhat or much lower than Egypt's.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I'm guessing the survey results were skewed to get those results. It would seem the survey results are intended to stir hatred against Muslims. They are a people urgently needing the love and forgiveness offered by our Savior, Jesus Christ.
The liberal Washington Post always tries to portray Islam as the "religion of peace." So why do you think they would want to stir up hatred against Muslims?