The Bob Enyart Live forum

firechyld

Originally posted by Goose
haha I've never found any transcripts. It's also an hour long show. Compensate me for shipping, and I'll burn as many as I can to cd in mp3 format!

Nah, I can listen to them... I just have to do so when my flatmates haven't blown our netstats through online gaming and downloading movies.

I just prefer to be able to read transcipts sometimes... especially when some of Bob's guests have very thick American accents.

firechyld

Goose

Originally posted by firechyld
I just prefer to be able to read transcipts sometimes... especially when some of Bob's guests have very thick American accents.

firechyld
LOL Do we really sound that bad? :)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thick=hick?

ApologeticJedi

I've seen just about all of them. Some more then once, like "Video Fruitcake". :D I REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy listening to his "Genesis: The Fall" series. It's mostly just on Predestination vs. Free Will and I love it! I HIGHLY recommend it to any who is interested in this topic. I'm going to convert it all to mp3 someday so I can listen to it in my car.

What a great idea!

But someone will have to explain to me what equipment one would need to get it off the tape and onto mp3, because that would be great.

I'm also a little unsure if that would violate any copywrite laws, or how Bob Enyart Live Inc. would feel about that.

Goose

Originally posted by ApologeticJedi
What a great idea!

But someone will have to explain to me what equipment one would need to get it off the tape and onto mp3, because that would be great.
plug your tape player into your 'line in' jack of your sound card, get a program that records in wav format. Then convert the wave to mp3.

I'm also a little unsure if that would violate any copywrite laws, or how Bob Enyart Live Inc. would feel about that.
As long as I don't distribute it, I think I'm cool.

ApologeticJedi

plug your tape player into your 'line in' jack of your sound card, get a program that records in wav format. Then convert the wave to mp3.

Ugg ... I was hoping that was not the answer.

firechyld

LOL Do we really sound that bad?

*grin* Fraid so. At least some of you do.

Don't fret, it's a problem I have with a lot of American and European broadcasts that aren't internationally broadcast.

ddevonb

They are in the process of having all of the teachings available on CD/mp3.
Some are now available...all will be eventually.
I believe the first two parts of the Revelation series is ready now.

RBrown

Yes, Bob's Bible studies are being made available in mp3 as previously mentioned. I would add that they are much better quality than the cassettes for a few reasons.

There re no analog (cassette) generations involved since the masters are (with rare exception) on Minidisc. Also even the digital masters are being re-edited and processed to further enhance quality.

Another thing worth noting is that the mp3 files are encoded at a sampling frequency and are short enough in length that they can be easily burned into standard audio cds for listening in the car or whatever. Do check with BEL ministries before making copies for anyone besides yourself though because the studies are copyrighted.

Even better.. the mp3 cdroms contain extras that go along with the studies. In the case of the Revelation study there is a comprehensive "spirituality test" included that the cassette study did not include.

Brenda

new new

new new

This is my first post to TOL. I just heard about this site on Bob Enyart Live a few days ago.

I am also a new listener to Bob Enyart Live. I usually just catch half his show on Monday nights when I happen to be in the car, but I find him entertaining and intriguing.

I'll probably watch here quietly for a while.

Brenda

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Brenda
Okay, clearly I don't get how to use this board yet. Bear with me!

- B
It looks like you are doing just fine. We're glad you're here. Welcome aboard!!:thumb:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Come on in, Brenda! The water's fine

(Though a bit piranah infested at times.)

They only take out small chunks, though. :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath
Come on in, Brenda! The water's fine

(Though a bit piranah infested at times.)

They only take out small chunks, though. :D
Sometimes (like in Zakath's case) there is nothing left to "bite". :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight's just jealous because I've got so much scar tissue that all the weak little fishies are breaking their teeth...
:D

Nova

I've been listening to the show, too. Its like a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Jerry Falwell. He mentioned that you were going to call in and debate him, Zak, I'd be interested to hear that. :cool:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Nova
I've been listening to the show, too. Its like a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Jerry Falwell. He mentioned that you were going to call in and debate him, Zak, I'd be interested to hear that. :cool:
I wish!!!

I would love to have Zakath call Bob but Zakath wants no part of that.

So they are going to debate here within the safe walls of a web forum!

Cool for us!

Battle Royale VII starts June 16th!

Nova

Does Bob Enyart and the other guy who has a show come on these forums a lot? I wouldn't mind calling into either of the shows, I just really can't think of anything to say...they obviously are very set in their views and I have mine and never the twain shall meet.