Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bob Enyart Live forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
    I have not had heard Bob's bible study on the Gospel of John but was curious of other's thoughts on the following passage:

    John 20:22

    "...he breathed on them and said, Receive the Holy Spirit."

    Did the apostles receive the Holy Spirit at that time? If so, did they receive it again in Acts 2 (Day of Pentacaust)?

    Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated.

    Thank you.
    The Scriptures: Joh 20:21-22 Then יהושע* said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” And having said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Set-apart Spirit.

    "And having said THIS" is the clue here. It was the Spirit of Peace that was breathed upon them at that time, but they were engulfed in the entire Spirit at Pentecost. There are "Seven Spirits" that surround the Throne, each has and gives a quality all their own to disperse. The the "Set-Apart Spirit" would contain all the attributes of God and the Wisdom, Power, Knowledge and the sum of ALL Qualities that can be dispersed. The "Holy Spirit" or "Set-Apart Spirit" is known as the "Ruach ha Qodesh" or "The Set-Apart Breath" or "wind". Qodesh” has been translated to the word “holy” and “hallowed” which really means “haloed”. The translation “Holy Spirit” comes from the original Hebrew ruach ha qodesh, the set-apart Spirit. “Ruach” is the Hebrew word for wind, and it is the presence of the helper, Yahushua in Spirit. He is not a Halloed Spook, and after His resurrection distinctly said He was not a ghost.

    He first sent His RUACH to the Nazarenes gathered in the Temple on the 50th day from the count from the day after Shabbat to the day after the 7th Shabbat, now called “Pente-cost” (Greek for count fifty). This was the annual appointed time (Lev. 23, Dt. 16) which commemorated the giving of the Torah at Sinai. It is really called Shabuoth, meaning weeks. The Torah was written on the hearts of the Nazarenes, fulfilling the prophesied “New Covenant” (Yerme Yahu 31, Heb. 8:10). "

    Hope that helps a little
    YeshaYahu (Isaiah) 8:20: To the Torah and to the witness! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no daybreak.

    1st Kepha (Peter) 4:11: If anyone speaks, let it be as the Words of Elohim. If anyone serves, let it be as with the strength which Elohim provides, so that Elohim might be praised in it all through יהושע (Yahu'Shua) Messiah, to whom belong the esteem and the rule forever and ever. Amĕn.

    Comment


    • I'm getting the monthly sermons CD right now but the CD itself is really just waste - I transfer the mp3s to my computer and have another coaster. It would be nice if the monthly audio subscriptions were available in a mp3 download option. This being a post-CD era, I'm sure it's been suggested before so I just wanted to second the motion, so to speak.
      grace & peace

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        I'm getting the monthly sermons CD right now but the CD itself is really just waste - I transfer the mp3s to my computer and have another coaster. It would be nice if the monthly audio subscriptions were available in a mp3 download option. This being a post-CD era, I'm sure it's been suggested before so I just wanted to second the motion, so to speak.
        Ditto. I've got a pile of coasters that's almost a foot high.

        They're way better than the giant cassette clamshells I used to get, but downloads would be better still.
        BRXI: Should Christians support the Death Penalty?

        Comment


        • Angry tone not God honoring

          I have become increasingly concerned about the anger that comes through in Bob's show. I am a longtime listner, but as of late there has been a dark turn which makes it hard to listen at times. Bob's open glee at George Carlins arrival in hell was deeply disturbing in the lack of compassion it showed, and yesterday his refferal to the democrats as dumbocrats falls well short of the qualificattion for an overseer (pastor/teacher) in 1 Tim 3:3 to not be quarelsome. We must limit the offense we give unbelievers to the Gospel.

          Comment


          • Oh, it's too late for that...far too late.

            P.S. Carlin was and is the man.




            Comment


            • Originally posted by JC4JC
              I have become increasingly concerned about the anger that comes through in Bob's show. I am a longtime listner, but as of late there has been a dark turn which makes it hard to listen at times. Bob's open glee at George Carlins arrival in hell was deeply disturbing in the lack of compassion it showed, and yesterday his refferal to the democrats as dumbocrats falls well short of the qualification for an overseer (pastor/teacher) in 1 Tim 3:3 to not be quarelsome. We must limit the offense we give unbelievers to the Gospel.
              You can't be too long of a listener...he has been calling democrats that since I started watching him on tv in the mid to late 1990's!

              If that's the first time you have ever heard him use the phrase dumb-o-crats...then you haven't been listening very carefully.
              fidelis usque ad mortem

              Comment


              • Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
                You can't be too long of a listener...he has been calling democrats that since I started watching him on tv in the mid to late 1990's!

                If that's the first time you have ever heard him use the phrase dumb-o-crats...then you haven't been listening very carefully.
                I've been listening for about five years and I have heard it before, I just haven't heard it used with such express hatred. There is a difference between a quip and an insult and often the difference is simply the tone of the statement. Its time Bob's listeners hold him accountable for being unloving toward the lost and dragging the name of Christ through the mud with his uncharitable attitude. Bob is not advancing the Kingdom, he has become nothing more than a noisy gong (see 1 Cor 13:1-13). It seems he has become far more interested in being right, than in advancing the Gospel or the Kingdom.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JC4JC
                  I have become increasingly concerned about the anger that comes through in Bob's show. I am a longtime listner, but as of late there has been a dark turn which makes it hard to listen at times. Bob's open glee at George Carlins arrival in hell was deeply disturbing in the lack of compassion it showed, and yesterday his refferal to the democrats as dumbocrats falls well short of the qualification for an overseer (pastor/teacher) in 1 Tim 3:3 to not be quarelsome. We must limit the offense we give unbelievers to the Gospel.
                  The solution is simple.... don't listen if you don't like it.

                  I think Bob has grown too "nice" over the years, what do you think about that?
                  Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                  TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Knight View Post
                    The solution is simple.... don't listen if you don't like it.

                    I think Bob has grown too "nice" over the years, what do you think about that?
                    If Bob didn't claim the name of Christ, I would be all for him being as contentious as he wanted to be, but he reffers to himself on air as a pastor. Its not about liking or listening, its about the reputation of Christ and his church. And as far as thinking he has gotten too nice, a study of the gospels in context would do you good. Christ reserved his anger for the religious establishment and the self righteous, it was never directed toward the lost. It is His example we must follow, not the worlds.
                    Last edited by JC4JC; July 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM. Reason: typo

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                      Ditto. I've got a pile of coasters that's almost a foot high.

                      They're way better than the giant cassette clamshells I used to get, but downloads would be better still.
                      +1

                      http://prolifeprofiles.com/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JC4JC View Post
                        If Bob didn't claim the name of Christ, I would be all for him being as contentious as he wanted to be, but he reffers to himself on air as a pastor. Its not about liking or listening, its about the reputation of Christ and his church. And as far as thinking he has gotten too nice, a study of the gospels in context would do you good. Christ reserved his anger for the religious establishment and the self righteous, it was never directed toward the lost. It is His example we must follow, not the worlds.
                        You seriously can't be a long time listener. Bob is actually probably more mellow that you used to be. Have you heard the recent replay of Megan's call? What do you think about that? It was a replay of the classic TV show.

                        http://www.kgov.com/bel_56kbps/20080626
                        http://prolifeprofiles.com/

                        Comment


                        • Word of God is the only authoratative standard

                          Originally posted by Servo View Post
                          You seriously can't be a long time listener. Bob is actually probably more mellow that you used to be. Have you heard the recent replay of Megan's call? What do you think about that? It was a replay of the classic TV show.

                          http://www.kgov.com/bel_56kbps/20080626
                          I thought Bob handled Meghan's call fine, there is nothing wrong with showing a unbeleiver their sin and their need for a savior, and Bob was right to not let her euphemize the killing of a baby as a procedure. That is far different from rejoicing over a sinner going to hell. And the correct standard to measure Bob (or anyone else) is not how Bob used to be, but Scripture. Be a Berean and look at the passages I alluded to above and compare Bob's show to them. Open rebuke is better than love concealed and Bob's show does not conform to the biblical call to share the truth in love.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JC4JC View Post
                            I thought Bob handled Meghan's call fine, there is nothing wrong with showing a unbeleiver their sin and their need for a savior, and Bob was right to not let her euphemize the killing of a baby as a procedure. That is far different from rejoicing over a sinner going to hell. And the correct standard to measure Bob (or anyone else) is not how Bob used to be, but Scripture. Be a Berean and look at the passages I alluded to above and compare Bob's show to them. Open rebuke is better than love concealed and Bob's show does not conform to the biblical call to share the truth in love.

                            I don't see where Bob was rejoicing the George went to Hell. Bob was telling the reasons why George wasn't in Hell. He didn't go to hell because of certain works or sins, he went to Hell because he rejected his Creator. That was the point of the show.
                            http://prolifeprofiles.com/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Servo View Post
                              I don't see where Bob was rejoicing the George went to Hell. Bob was telling the reasons why George wasn't in Hell. He didn't go to hell because of certain works or sins, he went to Hell because he rejected his Creator. That was the point of the show.
                              Its not what he said but how he said it. The tone of the show was at worst celebratory and at best smug. You may not have heard rejoicing, but did you hear any sorrow that someone who was made in God's image rejected Him and was condemmed to eternal suffering apart from Him?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JC4JC View Post
                                Its not what he said but how he said it. The tone of the show was at worst celebratory and at best smug. You may not have heard rejoicing, but did you hear any sorrow that someone who was made in God's image rejected Him and was condemmed to eternal suffering apart from Him?
                                (To jump in here really quick I can't imagine Carlin expecting anything less. Just my two cents.)




                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X