Full Time Job Just Correcting Glenn Beck

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob Enyart brought up a scripture that I had not considered on this topic.
(So, thank you, Bob, for pointing it out!)

Jesus told the Samaritan woman that He met at the well that she had had 5 husbands during her life. But that the man she had now was not her husband. (John 4:17-18)

Bob uses this story to point out that just because a man and woman are living together does not a marriage make.

It is possible she had not divorced husband number five and was therefore living in outright adultery.
It's possible.

Either way, the man she had now was not her husband as the other 5 men she had had were.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Evidence?
Do you not understand the word "maybe"?

To be clear, I'm not necessarily saying every single Catholic is damned. But what their church teaches is not the Biblical gospel.
I agree.

It's possible.

Either way, the man she had now was not her husband as the other 5 men she had had were.
True.

I can live with that. I obviously disagree with Mormonism, but I can sympathize and empathize with how unfairly and rudely they are treated. Catholics are villified in this forum every day in the most ignorant ways.
Now you're making it sound as though you think Mormons are on equal footing with Catholics.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Glenn Beck is a good man, and he reports stories that everyone else turns a blind eye to. I hate Beck-Haters.
Mormon lover.
I can live with that. I obviously disagree with Mormonism, but I can sympathize and empathize with how unfairly and rudely they are treated. Catholics are villified in this forum every day in the most ignorant ways.
......Now you're making it sound as though you think Mormons are on equal footing with Catholics.

No I'm not. You just quoted me as saying that I obviously disagree with Mormonism, so how the heck did you extrapolate that from my post.

I am merely saying we are both treated like crap, and that is why I can empathize with them.

It really bugs the crap out of me when people misread and misinterpret my very simple and direct posts

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No I'm not. You just quoted me as saying that I obviously disagree with Mormonism, so how the heck did you extrapolate that from my post.
You seemed to contradict yourself.

I am merely saying we are both treated like crap, and that is why I can empathize with them.
Do you not think they deserve it for their denial of Jesus?

It really bugs the crap out of me when people misread and misinterpret my very simple and direct posts
then stop contradicting yourself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course Beck supports gay marriage, under the premise of people should be able to marry who they love, he has to support it, because he is mormon and his prophet taught plural marriage - and polygamy's stance is that people should be able to marry who they love and that (polygamy) comes next under the same premise.

black_squirrel

I am a proponent of the separation of Church and State. I support getting rid of civil marriage all-together, leave it up to religions what to call marriage and what not. Instead, only have civil unions between 2 adults whether they are form the same sex or not.

Christian Liberty

Do you not understand the word "maybe"?

I agree.

True.

Now you're making it sound as though you think Mormons are on equal footing with Catholics.

I'd say Mormonism's heresy is more obvious, but not necessarily more sinister. I can't think of much that's more heretical than resacrificing Christ on a weekly basis.