Boy Scouts Become Girl Scouts

Padre Vorbis

So let's see where your thinking has led you. You approve of an adult male-to-female transgender, even one who identifies as attracted to females, using the girl's restroom against the wishes of the girls in question.

Let's see how consistent you are in your beliefs. How about the same situation with a heterosexual adult male custodian?

That would also be odd. I can't see anything wrong with it from a strictly ethical basis, though.

Huckleberry

That would also be odd. I can't see anything wrong with it from a strictly ethical basis, though.

So you would allow a female-attracted male-to-female transgender to share a restroom with teenage girls. And a heterosexual adult male as well.

And you would characterize this, I presume, as treating each adult in this situation like human beings. Considering your initial objection...

Soon big organizations will have to treat transgender people like human beings too. Perish the thought!

I think I see your motivation now. You see the adults here as human beings, to be treated as human beings, by allowing them access to children in an environment where they are vulnerable...but deny any danger and disregard any disadvantage to the children as a result.

Padre Vorbis

The right thing to do is to deny access to children to individuals who are known to be dangerous to children.

Sexual orientation and gender identity alone do not constitute means to decide whether a particular individual is a danger to children.

Huckleberry

The right thing to do is to deny access to children to individuals who are known to be dangerous to children.

Sexual orientation and gender identity alone do not constitute means to decide whether a particular individual is a danger to children.
So adult males should be allowed to use the same restroom as teenage girls. Or pre-teen girls.

Yes, we get it. You're a pervert. :idunno:

Padre Vorbis

So adult males should be allowed to use the same restroom as teenage girls. Or pre-teen girls.

Yes, we get it. You're a pervert. :idunno:

It's quite possible that giving children their own separate restroom facilities in schools lowers the risk of them being harmed, in which case, it's perfectly acceptable to deny adults access, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. But that has nothing to do with the treatment of transgender people in particular.

Huckleberry

It's quite possible that giving children their own separate restroom facilities in schools lowers the risk of them being harmed, in which case, it's perfectly acceptable to deny adults access, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. But that has nothing to do with the treatment of transgender people in particular.
Your beliefs on this subject are relevant to the subject of allowing homosexual boys into an all-young-male organization characterized by camp outs and other extended periods of minimal adult supervision.

And your "it's quite possible" doesn't alleviate how much your position overall is utterly perverse.

Padre Vorbis

Your beliefs on this subject are relevant to the subject of allowing homosexual boys into an all-young-male organization characterized by camp outs and other extended periods of minimal adult supervision.

And your "it's quite possible" doesn't alleviate how much your position overall is utterly perverse.

I believe in treating all people fairly, and not getting too obsessed over where they choose to urinate, or what kind of anatomical features they prefer on their sexual partners.

Huckleberry

I believe in treating all people fairly, and not getting too obsessed over where they choose to urinate, or what kind of anatomical features they prefer on their sexual partners.
Yes, I know you're a pervert. We've established that.

If you're having trouble keeping up then let me explain. Your subjecting young girls to sharing a restroom with adult heterosexual males and adult males with severe gender identity issues in order to "treat them fairly" is at the expense of all those girls. In your world some animals are more equal than others, with a single adult male being of far more value even than an entire school body's contingent of young girls.

That does not in any way treat all people fairly. It specifically disqualifies all those young girls from your "fairness", even to the point of putting them all at risk...for the sake of one adult male.

Your claim to wanting to treat everyone fairly is patently false. Your position is perverse and dangerous.

gcthomas

If you're having trouble keeping up then let me explain. Your subjecting young girls to sharing a restroom with adult heterosexual males and adult males with severe gender identity issues in order to "treat them fairly" is at the expense of all those girls. In your world some animals are more equal than others, with a single adult male being of far more value even than an entire school body's contingent of young girls.

That does not in any way treat all people fairly. It specifically disqualifies all those young girls from your "fairness", even to the point of putting them all at risk...for the sake of one adult male.

Your claim to wanting to treat everyone fairly is patently false. Your position is perverse and dangerous.

They only have 'issues' over their identity when society treats them inhumanely. Their issues are 'caused' by society's bigots, not by their stable gender identities.

Padre Vorbis

If there's evidence that there's a non-negligible risk of harm to anyone, I'm happy to agree that adults should have separate restrooms. If the risk of harm is negligible, then having separate restrooms for students and staff is merely a social convention, which some people might prefer that we follow, but there's no strict reason behind. Perhaps there is a valid argument against staff and students sharing restrooms in schools. But that is irrelevant to the gender identity or sexual orientation of the staff.

I fail to see how a child sharing a restroom with someone of a particular age, sexual orientation, or gender identity is in itself harmful. Or how stating this fact makes me a pervert.

Huckleberry

They only have 'issues' over their identity when society treats them inhumanely. Their issues are 'caused' by society's bigots, not by their stable gender identities.
Show me.

And don't just tell me that the transgendered are 25x more likely to commit suicide, that transgender "females" are 49x more likely to have HIV, etc. I'm aware of all that. Do you have a solid link between those things and society's bigotry?

Are you at least willing to say a transgendered "female" should not share a restroom with pre-teen girls or will you likewise inflict that on them to spare the transgendered the bigotry you claim is the source of their issues?

Last edited:

Huckleberry

If there's evidence that there's a non-negligible risk of harm to anyone, I'm happy to agree that adults should have separate restrooms. If the risk of harm is negligible, then having separate restrooms for students and staff is merely a social convention, which some people might prefer that we follow, but there's no strict reason behind. Perhaps there is a valid argument against staff and students sharing restrooms in schools. But that is irrelevant to the gender identity or sexual orientation of the staff.

I fail to see how a child sharing a restroom with someone of a particular age, sexual orientation, or gender identity is in itself harmful. Or how stating this fact makes me a pervert.
:blabla:

You're arguing that adults should share restrooms with children, even adults attracted to the gender that restroom is reserved for. And you're actually asking how that makes you a pervert? :AMR:

Huckleberry

How did a thread about the boy scouts morph into weirdos in the bathrooms?

I'm pretty sure these two are illustrating how the logical conclusion here is the legalization of pedophilia.

Or something. Couple of pervs I wouldn't allow around my children without a bullet wound anyway. :idunno:

Zeus

BANNED
Banned
Show me.

And don't just tell me that the transgendered are 25x more likely to commit suicide, that transgender "females" are 49x more contract to have HIV, etc. I'm aware of all that. Do you have a solid link between those things and society's bigotry?

93.7 percent of rape perpetrators are male and 6.3 percent were female. Does that tell us something about males in general??

Padre Vorbis

:blabla:

You're arguing that adults should share restrooms with children, even adults attracted to the gender that restroom is reserved for. And you're actually asking how that makes you a pervert? :AMR:

All gender-segregated public restrooms, as far as I am aware, are open to all ages and sexual orientations.

By your logic Wal-Mart, McDonalds, and every other business with gender-segregated public restrooms is run by perverts.

Huckleberry

All gender-segregated public restrooms, as far as I am aware, are open to all ages and sexual orientations.

By your logic Wal-Mart, McDonalds, and every other business with gender-segregated public restrooms is run by perverts.

We're not talking about businesses. We're talking about a junior high school where the only option for a young girl all day long is to use a restroom that an adult who's sexually attracted to your gender is allowed access to. Unsupervised. Alone, with you. And likely not an adult anywhere within screaming distance.

Thanks to perverts like Padre Vorbis who think that situation is "fair".

Granite

Hall of Fame
We're not talking about businesses. We're talking about a junior high school where the only option for a young girl all day long is to use a restroom that an adult who's sexually attracted to your gender is allowed access to. Unsupervised. Alone, with you. And likely not an adult anywhere within screaming distance.

I happen to largely agree with you. However, one note--you seem to be assuming that all men everywhere are sexually attracted to teenaged girls. Now...that's a stretch, to say the least.

Padre Vorbis

Your argument is based on the assumption that a large proportion of adults would molest a young girl given half a chance. That is not a correct assumption.