No announcement yet.

Ryan Mullins, Timelessness and God: Pt. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your obvious lack of content causes me to realize that you must believe what I've said is true, but yet you rail against it with nothing but insults. You can ignore Truth, that's on you. I'll stick with the revelations I have. You stick with ignorance: it seems to work for you.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
      Your obvious lack of content causes me to realize that you must believe what I've said is true, but yet you rail against it with nothing but insults. You can ignore Truth, that's on you. I'll stick with the revelations I have. You stick with ignorance: it seems to work for you.

sigpic
      "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

You can come to know The Living God, instead of relying on what little sense you've been able to make of His Word without Him; but it would take seeking and searching for Him with all of your heart. That's harder than most are willing to commit to.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

He promised. He doesn't lie. All it takes is spelled out, clearly. Trust me: if you do, you won't be sorry.
        "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
          You can come to know The Living God, instead of relying on what little sense you've been able to make of His Word without Him; but it would take seeking and searching for Him with all of your heart. That's harder than most are willing to commit to.
          Without reason anyone can believe anything they want, Amiel. That's just the entire point.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

He promised. He doesn't lie. All it takes is spelled out, clearly. Trust me: if you do, you won't be sorry.
          How could anyone know whether God had lied or not without the use of reason. The word truth has no meaning outside of sound reason. Truth and reason are very nearly synonyms!

To be true means simply to be consistent. If you're in construction and you lay tile floors for a living then you know that you want your tiles to laid both straight and true. If your tiles are true it just means that they are laid consistently with something else, usually a wall or chalk line. If you are reproducing something, your reproduction is said to be true if it is consistent with the original. Any claim that someone makes, whether religious in nature or otherwise, whether spiritual in nature or otherwise, it is true to the extent that the claim is consistent with itself and with the rest of reality.

There cannot be a contradictory truth, by definition. Therefore, your doctrine is false. I don't care who told it to you. If you claim you got your idiotically contradictory doctrine from God then you're the one making God out to be a liar, not me.
          `
          John 1:1 In the beginning was Reason, and Reason was with God, and Reason was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
          sigpic
          "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Working...
          X