Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Are we Both the Body AND the Bride?

This is the show from Monday May 16th, 2011.

SUMMARY:

* Who is the Bride of Christ: Israel or the Body? This important Bible topic influences many other beliefs that Christians hold, almost subconsciously. The Old Testament says explicitly that God was married to the nation of Israel, and then because she was an unfaithful wife, that God gave to her a certificate of divorce. So, if Christians today are the Bride of Christ, than is Israel God's eternal ex-wife? Are we His second wife? Some say that we are Israel, and if so then, are we currently God's estranged wife, looking forward to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb? Or is there a much more biblical and fulfilling scriptural teaching on God's view of His relationship with His covenant peoples? Enjoy!

Today’s Resource: If you are not familiar with the large amount of biblical material discussing God's two covenant peoples, Israel and the Body of Christ, then you might really enjoy The Plot. Bob Enyart's life's work is based on this observation: Grasping the overview of the Bible is the KEY to its DETAILS. And the "details" are the doctrines that Christians wrestle with. This Bible teaching is available in a soft-cover book titled The Plot or in a downloadable pdf version, and it's also available in an audio recording of Bob'sPlot seminars for immediately download or to receive in the mail on an MP3 CD. And have your children or grand kids heard the The Plot Boys yet? In this audio series for young people, Bob and two young boys, Stephen and Josh, teach through an overview of the Bible. The guys present this in a way that kids (and adults) can really understand, so it's a valuable foundation for serious Bible study. Also, please consider ordering the entire Enyart Library! This invaluable resource will benefit your entire family or church, give you gifts and materials to share with friends, and you'll help Bob Enyart Live reach more and more people with a Christian worldview!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The body not marrying itself makes sense.
When viewing the panorama of the entire bible it makes sense. I have been a front to back bible reader since age 12. The Bride and marriage metaphors pepper the books of the prophets. The body metaphors fill the books written by the apostle Paul.

Two covenant peoples--Israel - the Bride - Covenant of Circumcision
The Church--the Body - Covenant of Grace.

I look forward to more shows on this subject.

Paulos

I believe the answer is yes because both are apt metaphors.

The Bride and marriage metaphors pepper the books of the prophets. The body metaphors fill the books written by the apostle Paul.

Two covenant peoples--Israel - the Bride - Covenant of Circumcision
The Church--the Body - Covenant of Grace.

Paul applied the bride metaphor to the church as well:

2 Corinthians 11:2
For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Ephesians 5:25-27
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.