Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Why is Wikileaks Jailed Founder a Hero?

This is the show from Thursday December 8th, 2010.

SUMMARY:

Have You Noticed?
- Apart from God morality is only preference, polls or consensus, but no true right and wrong
- A medical "treatment" is immoral if it would kill a healthy person (i.e., withholding food)
- The communist party's controlled Chinese economy overlooked one detail: 20,000,000 wives
- Most people who despise George W. Bush wrongly think that he is a fundamentalist Christian
- Many people who despise America do so because they view it as a Christian nation
- There are so few principled heroes in America that folks fall prey to countless counterfeits
- Wikileaks appeals to those in rebellion against authority, especially, against God
- Many of Julian Assange's supporters will still praise him even if he is credibly convicted of rape

Correction: This post-show note is not correcting a BEL error (there's plenty of that on our Errata page). Rather, a kindly pro-life leader in a current Christian magazine article says the question about euthanasia is, "Simply put, 'How much is too much?'" Respectfully, that's not the question. That's an interesting but comparatively minor question that God has not even addressed in Scripture. Regarding euthanasia, the question is, "How little is too little?" And one very simple correct answer appears above, that a medical "treatment" is immoral if it is so minimalist that it would kill even a healthy person.

Today’s Resource: BEL CHRISTMAS GIFTS: Please consider getting your Christmas gifts right here at our KGOV Store! We have something for everyone! For kids, science lovers, Bible students, novices, unbelievers & soul winners, TV show fans and fanatics, travelers, debaters, parents, major couch potatoes, seminarians, activists, wimps, law enforcement officials, readers, Jehovah's Witnesses, teenagers, those suffering, evolutionists, pro-lifers, atheists, Eugenie Scott, and theologians. Just click on any of those links to take you to departments in our KGOV Store, or call us at 800-8Enyart 1-800-836-9278 Free shipping now till Christmas!

Newman

- Wikileaks appeals to those in rebellion against authority, especially, against God
- Many of Julian Assange's supporters will still praise him even if he is credibly convicted of rape

I have to take issue here. I'm not in rebellion against authority, although I'd like to see the intensity and amount of authority present today diminish greatly. And I'm certainly not in rebellion against God. Yet, I consider Assange somewhat of a hero for what he has done.

He has shown that our nation's foreign policy is an empire of lies. He has shown who is responsible for thousands of deaths. He has unearthed corruption. He has brought to light countless bits of communication that reveal how unethical our diplomats and implementers of foreign policy are. He has done this at great risk not only to his reputation, but to his life. He has done good when doing good is dangerous. He has told the truth while lies are the norm. He has added clarity and transparency to a horribly opaque system. "Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul

These actions are what I look fondly on. Yes, he may have done bad things in his past -- even in his recent past, and if he has broken the law, he should serve his sentence, but to disregard his work with WikiLeaks because of unrelated allegations is fallacious.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Even though Julian Assange isn't a hero to the Libertarian Newman, it appears that he approves of foreigners buying classified documents from US government employees that take an oath to protect them.

If I were King:

I would create "Watch dog groups" that kept an eye on the US Government.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Government_watchdog_groups_in_the_United_States

I might also create something called "Government Oversight Committees", so that foreigners (and US traitors out to get even with the government over the militiary's "DADT" policy) wouldn't be looked at as some kind of heroes by Libertarians and their fellow America haters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Committee_on_Oversight_and_Government_Reform

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Newman, sometimes you are as naive as Tradito. He is opposed to capitalism and freedom.

Paulos

- Most people who despise George W. Bush wrongly think that he is a fundamentalist Christian

- Most people who adore George W. Bush wrongly think that he is a fundamentalist Christian
- Many fundamentalist Christians wrongly think that George W. Bush is a fundamentalist Christian

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere." --Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Adams, 1787.​

Newman

Even though Julian Assange isn't a hero to the Libertarian Newman, it appears that he approves of foreigners buying classified documents from US government employees that take an oath to protect them.

You must not have read what I said. I said that he IS "somewhat of a hero" for what he has done.

Manning, however, if he is found guilty, deserves his sentence.

It's a complicated situation, so you must look at each person that has a role in the situation as an individual. As far as any legal system should be concerned, the only law broken here would be Manning breaking contract and procedure to something he agreed to. Assange is clear of any wrongdoing here, and had shed some light on the dark, evil, and corrupt foreign policy of our nation.

Newman

Newman, sometimes you are as naive as Tradito. He is opposed to capitalism and freedom.

Could you point out how I'm being naive?

Also, what does Traditio have to do with this, or his thoughts on capitalism and freedom?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't call Assange a "hero" but I do think exposing lies and telling the truth is commendable.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't we just jail the Wikileaks creep?

Well said, that without God there is no right or wrong.

Increasingly not allowing God in our hospitals is shameful.

Starving patients to death is cruel and immoral.

China is proof that abortion is destructive. Millions of men who cannot find wives because there isn't enough women. They've been aborted.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
You must not have read what I said. I said that he IS "somewhat of a hero" for what he has done.

Ah yes, that "middle ground": So if Assange is somewhat of a hero, on the "somewhat of a hero Richter Scale", what number would you give him?

Either he did right or he did wrong Newman.

Manning, however, if he is found guilty, deserves his sentence.

So the guy that stole the classified information might be guilty, but the guy that received the stolen information is "somewhat of a hero"?

It's a complicated situation, so you must look at each person that has a role in the situation as an individual. As far as any legal system should be concerned, the only law broken here would be Manning breaking contract and procedure to something he agreed to. Assange is clear of any wrongdoing here, and had shed some light on the dark, evil, and corrupt foreign policy of our nation.

It's not complicated at all. As mentioned, we have government watch dog groups and oversight committees for that purpose.
If these groups aren't doing their jobs, then we had better get people in there that will.

If we allow foreign nationals (or even US citizens for that matter) to access and/or receive classified information illegally, it will set a bad precedent.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could you point out how I'm being naive?

Also, what does Traditio have to do with this, or his thoughts on capitalism and freedom?

He is a buffoon, and you are acting like him in this thread. His release of information has no benifit to the free world. If you can still call the US the free world. But it does benifit the economic left, and that is all the end game is for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.