This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LightSon
    Or on the creative side, you might invite him in for some kitten, sautéed with some onion and arsenic.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that.

Of course, one can't forget the fava beans, and perhaps a nice Chianti...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: God's Criminal Justice System...

Originally posted by 2MuchCoffeeMan
      It's the death penalty crimes, actually. Can't say I have the slightest problems with any restitution or corporeal punishment crimes at all.

Originally posted by Freak
      Yep. I'm with you.

Originally posted by Turbo
      In the past you have spoken out against corporal punishment. Have you had a change of heart, or did you misread 2muchcoffeeman's post?

I have always supported corporal punishment. Stop bearing false witness.

Including flogging?

Apparently you haven't read this thread throughly. Am I surprised, nah.
      Here are some of your statement that led me to believe you opposed flogging:

Think about the state's competence to punish justly. The government is incapable. Poly, your trust is in a government that is evil. There are no objective standards for measuring the amount of pain that will match the offense.

Was this a problem for Israel? Were they wrong to flog criminals?

(Freak replied: We are not Israel and we do not live under a theocratic system of government.)

God gave man guidelines, but did not spell out every little detail. God gave judges the authority to judge:

Deuteronomy 25
      1 "If there is a dispute between men, and they come to court, that the judges may judge them, and they justify the righteous and condemn the wicked, 2then it shall be, if the wicked man deserves to be beaten, that the judge will cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence, according to his guilt, with a certain number of blows. 3Forty blows he may give him and no more, lest he should exceed this and beat him with many blows above these, and your brother be humiliated in your sight.

Freak replied: It's your understanding of these guidelines that I'm faulting.

Do you oppose God’s will that criminals be flogged, just because He has not exhaustively spelled out exactly how many blows is appropriate for every conceivable crime?

Freak replied: Again I'm questioning your understanding of God's will. It is clear you are in the dark. But there is hope.
      It sure sounded like you opposed the use of flogging today because our government is not a theocracy and our governing officials are evil and incapable of administering corporal punishment justly.

If that is not your stance today, if you now support the idea of our government administering corporal punishment, then I'd be thrilled.
      BRXI: Should Christians support the Death Penalty?

Comment

Working...
      X