Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Comets

This is the show from Friday March 19th, 2010.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
Of the short period comets which are 205 out of the 1000 known comets...within 10,000 years they will all be gone because Jupiter will sweep them all up. This is a huge problem for astronomers [who believe the universe is billions of years old]. And there has never been a new comet observed to form. All the comets we see are within the solar system's sphere of influence and we have never seen a new one built
The reason why Dr. Brownlee at the University of Washington convinced NASA to spend 200 million dollars to send the Stardust space probe up to the Wild 2 comet is because the Wild 2 comet was coming in for the first time and they thought it would be pristine and it would bring back all this - the beginning of the universe, big bang stuff that would be formed in the outer reaches near absolute zero cold space. Well, what it ended up bringing back are minerals that can only form in liquid water such as limestone. How can limestone be in liquid water that was supposedly out in the outer reaches of space its entire life where it's where it's minus 400 degrees or so farenheight?

SUMMARY:

* Kevin Lea Talks about Comets: Bob Enyart and Kevin Lea, a Washington state pastor with a background in nuclear physics, talk about comets: their size, speed, orbits, composition, and lifespan, and origin!

* Today's Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown'
In the Beginning and Bob's interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You'll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez' Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media's Unlocking the Mystery of Life You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart's Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; And the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI's tremendous Creation magazine!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Awesome show. That's how to do science! :up:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Make predictions and test them. That's how to do science.
Exactly. The evolutionists are constantly "shocked" at what they discover. Meanwhile, we Bible thumpers just yawned with boredom because we knew what the probe was going to discover from this comet before the probe was even launched.

The best part of this whole story is our anti-bible government which strives for the separation of church and state spent 200 million dollars that resulted in evidence for the truth of the Bible. :darwinsm:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You mean like the theory of Relativity? ;)

Of course. Relativity is a scientific theory that explains observations. It's useful and accessible.

Why would you bring that up?

Flipper

I thought you rejected relativity because it requires time dilation.

Although biology is a lot messier than physics, evolution also explains observations and makes predictions. Are you agreeing that evolution is also a scientific theory?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought you rejected relativity because it requires time dilation.

How I understand it only requires a few changes to a few labels. Clocks are affected by gravity rather than space. Doesn't make the world work any differently, just makes the explanation far more reasonable.

Although biology is a lot messier than physics, evolution also explains observations and makes predictions. Are you agreeing that evolution is also a scientific theory?

No .. evolution is a bad joke that's gone on too long. It's of zero use, remains untestable and is adhered to because of a blind devotion to .. something.

But what has this thread got to do with evolution?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They've only critiqued other peoples results.

:squint:

Did you listen to the show? There has been a prediction made that a comet will return in 2012. That is science. That is what I'm talking about. What are you talking about?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Atheists clearly aren't interested in science....

Alate_One

:squint:

Did you listen to the show? There has been a prediction made that a comet will return in 2012. That is science. That is what I'm talking about. What are you talking about?

A specific comet on a specific time and date?

Alate_One

Listen to the show or read the book. :up:
Not going to waste any more of my time on creationist nonsense and they certainly won't get another dime from me.

You're the one that claimed there were predictions. How about YOU enlighten us? I've explained plenty of things to you in the past.

If you know for sure its science you must know these specifics. Otherwise you're spouting nonsense again.

Flipper

There's a comet coming back in 2012. That's the prediction.

I thought that the periodicity of comets was already well established. There's a reason why Halley's Comet is called Halley's Comet, you know.

Guess I should listen to the show to figure out why predicting the reappearance of a comet is suddenly a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.