Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RSF: 500 of 1,000 Dinosaurs Go Poof

This is the show from Friday October 9th, 2009.

SUMMARY:

* Real Science Friday Does Creation Magazine: Listen in as Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams enjoy more articles from the September 2009 Creation magazine! Bob and Fred highly recommend that you subscribe to this full-color, glossy, extraordinarily enjoyable, educational publication.

* 140-million Year Old Spider Web: Surprise, surprise, surprise! The BBC and National Geographic report on a 140-million year old spider web in amber which, lo and behold, shows threads that resemble silk spun by modern scientists, leading scientists to express surprise "that spider webs have stayed the same for 140 million years." Ha! See also the BBC.

* Cornea Blindness in One Eye Cured: Wow! People who were blind in one eye from corneal damage have been cured by researchers who non-invasively and gently brush some stem cells off the patient's good eye and transfer them to the good eye merely by wiping them onto the inside a contact lens. Wow! "This is just one of many proven treatments from adult stem cell research!" See also Science Daily.

* 500 of 1,000 Dinosaurs Go Poof: Illustrating the magnitude of problems introduced by evolutionists in their rush to publish, analysis of "more than 1,000 named dinosaurs [reduced the actual number] to 500 or so," said University of Bristol paleontologist Michael Benton. Move over brontosaurus, you suddenly have a lot of company!

* Atheists Say There's Probably No God: UPDATE: British atheists including Richard Dawkins are promoting bus billboards that say, "There's Probably No God." Huh! And they're probably in trouble. Unintentionally these atheists are helping us get out the message that they have no proof of their atheism and that they take their message by faith.

* 9 Billion Years of Missing Metal in Spiral Galaxies: Okay, so some people don't like heavy metal, but hey, who chucked nine billion years worth? Fifteen spiral galaxies need to be carded at the door. They're supposed to be older, but they just don't look it. See also Space.com.

* Viruses Help Fight Cancer: Biotech firms hijacking viruses to treat and shrink tumors gives mankind a glimpse of the pre-fall beneficial functionality of today's disease-causing microorganisms. See also the Daily Mail.

* 95 Million Year Old Octopus Ink: See the Creation article on Octopus fossils reveal no evolution! Soft tissue. Five octopi. All eight legs. Each. Look just like Henry. Internal gills. Remnants of ink. Like a "fossil sneeze," said one evolutionist. Again, evolutionists claim that these guys didn't decay because they sunk quickly and "the sea floor was free of oxygen." Problem is, as Garry Graham points out in Creation, "lack of oxygen is no preservative – experiments with fish carcasses show that even in the absence of oxygen they still disintegrate…" 1x = 1kD

* Help Colorado RTL Get Signatures: If you live in Colorado, could you help circulate the Personhood Colorado & CRTL 2010 petition? We need your help! If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?

* Today's Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Guillermo Gonzalez' Privileged Planet (clip), Illustra Media's Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart's Age of the Earth Debate; Walt Brown's In the Beginning and Bob's interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week; the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI's tremendous Creation magazine!

Jukia

Imagine, science got something wrong but is now trying to figure out what is correct. Golly gee, who'd a thunk that???

Isn't that the way it is supposed to work? I think most people understand and accept that. Well except for those who seem to think that belief in the inerrancy of the recorded oral tradition, history and stories of bronze age goat herders trumps the real world. Color me surprised.

Last edited:

Alate_One

* Real Science Friday Does Creation Magazine: Listen in as Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams enjoy more articles from the September 2009 Creation magazine! Bob and Fred highly recommend that you subscribe to this full-color, glossy, extraordinarily enjoyable, educational publication.
Educational is a stretch, more like miseducational considering the story on the ATP synthase and the mischaracterization of the octopus fossil. I'm sure if I had access to the other stories they'd be just as ludicrous, but there's no way I'll support a magazine dedicated to deluding Christians.

* 140-million Year Old Spider Web: Surprise, surprise, surprise! The BBC and National Geographic report on a 140-million year old spider web in amber which, lo and behold, shows threads that resemble silk spun by modern scientists, leading scientists to express surprise "that spider webs have stayed the same for 140 million years." Ha! See also the BBC.
Wow, you know things CAN stay the same(or at least very similar) for a very long time, look at the crocodilians, that have remained mostly the same for around 220 million years. Or we could look at the coelocanth or the sharks. . . . these are not a problem for evolution, if a design is really good, it will stay the same.

* 500 of 1,000 Dinosaurs Go Poof: Illustrating the magnitude of problems introduced by evolutionists in their rush to publish, analysis of "more than 1,000 named dinosaurs [reduced the actual number] to 500 or so," said University of Bristol paleontologist Michael Benton. Move over brontosaurus, you suddenly have a lot of company!
This happens with living creatures, they get described separately by different people and it isn't until later that someone figures out it was the same species. And this is a problem for science because?

* Viruses Help Fight Cancer: Biotech firms hijacking viruses to treat and shrink tumors gives mankind a glimpse of the pre-fall beneficial functionality of today's disease-causing microorganisms. See also the Daily Mail.
So, cancer existed before the fall but disease causing viruses didn't, yet viruses in general did? That doesn't make any sense.

Why would a "pre-fall" human body get cancer AT ALL? Plenty of other organisms TODAY, barely get cancer. A fair number of cancers are actually CAUSED by viruses. :kookoo:

* 95 Million Year Old Octopus Ink: See the Creation article on Octopus fossils reveal no evolution!
Again, surprising but not dismissive of evolution, only surprising because OTHER fossils of ancient octopus, do NOT look like modern octopus. (Of course most of these other fossils are considerably older than the one in the story)

http://www.tonmo.com/science/fossils/fossiloctopuses.php

But fossils of octopus are extremely rare, so its hardly surprising that when one is found there will be . . .surprises . . . .
Soft tissue. Five octopi. All eight legs. Each. Look just like Henry. Internal gills. Remnants of ink. Like a "fossil sneeze," said one evolutionist. Again, evolutionists claim that these guys didn't decay because they sunk quickly and "the sea floor was free of oxygen." Problem is, as Garry Graham points out in Creation, "lack of oxygen is no preservative – experiments with fish carcasses show that even in the absence of oxygen they still disintegrate…" 1x = 1kD
Certainly lack of oxygen preserves things for much LONGER (long enough for fossilization) since you reduce the number of microbes and animals that can get at it substantially. Good preservation does not mean "young", its still rock :p.

Jukia

Educational is a stretch, more like miseducational considering the story on the ATP synthase and the mischaracterization of the octopus fossil. I'm sure if I had access to the other stories they'd be just as ludicrous, but there's no way I'll support a magazine dedicated to deluding Christians.

One of the basic reasons for my substantial unbelief is Pastor Bob and his science lectures.

My guess is that for every person who "comes to Christ" based on Bob Enyart and those like him, there are dozens who say "I don't think so"

Alate_One

One of the basic reasons for my substantial unbelief is Pastor Bob and his science lectures.
I understand this, and I see it as a huge problem for fundamentalist Christianity. I do hope you're able to see that there are quite a number of Christians out there that do not subscribe to this sort of thing. We are not usually so vocal as the fundamentalist YEC sort, and scientifically minded non-fundamentalists tend to not have radio shows but they are definitely out there and probably in greater numbers.

My guess is that for every person who "comes to Christ" based on Bob Enyart and those like him, there are dozens who say "I don't think so"
It also sets Christians up for failure of faith when you base so much of your belief system on science that's demonstrably wrong. "Scientific apologetics" is completely unnecessary and harmful in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.