Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Lon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    What does Jesus mean by He and His Father will dwell with us, in light of His words about the comforter and John 10:30?
    I certainly know Jesus is not saying you have to believe in the trinity to be saved in this verse.

    You are still trying to bait and switch.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
      Open up the Bible and look for the letters in red.
      So you don't know that Jesus Christ rose from the dead? The red letters ended at the cross. The cross is not the end, it's the beginning.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by meshak View Post

        He does not say anything about believe in the trinity is condition to be saved.
        It says "You must believe I am He." Would you agree one of us believes "I am He" is one thing, and the other of us believes "I am He" is something else. Question: If we must believe who He is, would this mean one of us is wrong and in danger of dying in our sins?

        Who is He? John 20:28 Thomas said to Him, "You are the Lord of me, and God of me." Is it important who He is? -Lon
        My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

        ? Yep

        Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

        ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

        Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lon View Post
          It says "You must believe I am He." Would you agree one of us believes "I am He" is one thing, and the other of us believes "I am He" is something else. Question: If we must believe who He is, would this mean one of us is wrong and in danger of dying in our sins?

          Who is He? John 20:28 Thomas said to Him, "You are the Lord of me, and God of me." Is it important who He is? -Lon
          Your interpretation is twisted. It is not what Jesus says. Where does He say the three Gods make one God?

          If it is so important that the Father and the Son and the HS make one God, then He simply and clearly say so.

          He has no reason to be so mystical like you are portraying it to be.

          You still cannot refute my claim.

          Comment


          • My insight:

            Most Jesus' word is clear and simple. You cannot twist around to suit your doctrines. That's why so many churches don't teach or talk about what He says and quote Paul's word.

            Paul's word is easily twisted. that's why I don't quote him much.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by meshak View Post
              Your interpretation is twisted. It is not what Jesus says. Where does He say the three Gods make one God?
              John 1:1? Most of John 5:19-40?

              Originally posted by meshak View Post
              it is so important that the Father and the Son and the HS make one God, then He simply and clearly say so.
              I believe the Gospel of John does say so.


              Originally posted by meshak View Post
              You still cannot refute my claim.
              I don't want to refute so much as honor what I am reading in scriptures. Whichever truth that ends upon, I want to believe that. -Lon

              I have repeatedly said that it is possible that a Unitarian/arian could be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ. I have simply said that He will teach such a one Who He is -John 8:24
              My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
              Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
              Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
              Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
              No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
              Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

              ? Yep

              Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

              ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

              Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lon View Post
                John 1:1? Most of John 5:19-40?

                I believe the Gospel of John does say so.
                It is not Jesus' word. I focus on what Jesus says since it is clear.



                I don't want to refute so much as honor what I am reading in scriptures. Whichever truth that ends upon, I want to believe that. -Lon
                I don't think you honor what Jesus says like many trinity believers.

                I have repeatedly said that it is possible that a Unitarian/arian could be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ. I have simply said that He will teach such a one Who He is -John 8:24
                I am talking about organizational doctrines, not aimed at any individual. So this comment is moot.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  It is not Jesus' word. I focus on what Jesus says since it is clear.
                  Always try to remember that Trinitarians half or a bit less: agree with you. We embrace your distinction scriptures very much.





                  Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  I don't think you honor what Jesus says like many trinity believers.
                  It is an opinion. Thank you for sharing it. I believe it honest. I try to honor Jesus. I would bet every MAD cherishes Jesus' words with us.


                  Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  I am talking about organizational doctrines, not aimed at any individual. So this comment is moot.
                  You (singular) know, in the South, they say "you" (singular) and "you'all/y'all" (plural). Sometime they are smarter than the rest of us. The KJV does similar with Thee Thou You and Ye.
                  Since most of us don't do that, I take your meaning. -Lon
                  My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                  Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                  Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                  Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                  No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                  Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                  ? Yep

                  Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                  ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                  Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lon View Post
                    Always try to remember that Trinitarians half or a bit less: agree with you. We embrace your distinction scriptures very much.






                    It is an opinion. Thank you for sharing it. I believe it honest. I try to honor Jesus. I would bet every MAD cherishes Jesus' words with us.



                    You (singular) know, in the South, they say "you" (singular) and "you'all/y'all" (plural). Sometime they are smarter than the rest of us. The KJV does similar with Thee Thou You and Ye.
                    Since most of us don't do that, I take your meaning. -Lon
                    You are disregarding the fact you honor your "orthodoxy" faith more than Jesus' word.

                    Many of you belittle non-trins as cult, unsaved and non-believers.

                    You are not being honest.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by meshak View Post
                      You are disregarding the fact you honor your "orthodoxy" faith more than Jesus' word.
                      I don't believe so, but I realize you think that.

                      Originally posted by meshak View Post
                      Many of you belittle non-trins as cult, unsaved and non-believers.
                      This is where 'you' and 'you'all' would come in handy. I have a very hard time with anyone who will not at least look at what scriptures say with me. You've done that at least with me. The only reason I have you on ignore is because I don't 'want' to belittle you or cause undue stress. I don't ignore you, like in this thread, whenever we can actually talk and have a conversation.


                      Originally posted by meshak View Post
                      You are not being honest.
                      You are drawing conclusions that I have no idea where the evidence or foundation for them are.

                      Is this 'you' singular or 'you' plural?

                      Other than "believing He is who He says" John 8:24, Does Jesus say anything else about the saved condition? John 3 comes to mind.
                      My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                      Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                      Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                      Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                      No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                      Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                      ? Yep

                      Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                      ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                      Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Lon View Post

                        Other than "believing He is who He says" John 8:24, Does Jesus say anything else about the saved condition? John 3 comes to mind.
                        Yes, He said many but nothing about believe in the trinity.

                        Comment


                        • Lon,

                          I have many non-trin friends who are godly and faithful Jesus' servants. I am defending them too.

                          If we speak ill of His servants, Jesus will not take it lightly for sure.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                            So you don't know that Jesus Christ rose from the dead? The red letters ended at the cross. The cross is not the end, it's the beginning.
                            Jesus' word NEVER end.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
                              What does Jesus mean by He and His Father will dwell with us, in light of His words about the comforter and John 10:30?
                              NOT in light of the Comforter!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by meshak View Post
                                Lon,

                                I have many non-trin friends who are godly and faithful Jesus' servants. I am defending them too.

                                If we speak ill of His servants, Jesus will not take it lightly for sure.
                                I understand you have other fish to fry (that this thread isn't only about me and you).

                                Would you like to tackle John 3 together? What does Jesus say to Nicodemus?
                                My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                                Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                                Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                                Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                                No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                                Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                                ? Yep

                                Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                                ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                                Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X