Nuttin' Like a Hypocrite....

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattyfan

they're flitting around the village on a little weekend lark...next week the erstwhile Charlie's Angels will be back in their diamonds and designer gowns to attend the lastest fund-raiser for the trendy cause-of-the-week. They'll be sipping a fancy martini whiloe regailing their fellow "stars" with amusing tales of the sad little country they invaded for their "show." If they actually gave one whit about the people or the countries they're visiting, they would pick up a hammer and start helping to build something more substantial thatn a dung-laden hut.

Notice: I didn't say they should give their millions...The money wouldn't mean as much in a culture as primitive as is described.

If it was conservative minded celebrities involved in this nonsense, we'd all be hearing from Cameron & Drew what "hypocrites" they are for not doing something to help.

These two spoiled little are just finding ways to entertain themselves and stay in the spotlight. They're vapid, self-absorbed, children...and they're actresses: they only say something of substance when someone scripts the words for them...and even then, their emotions aren't genuine.

They probably think the villagers are just extras.

PureX

cattyfan said:
they're flitting around the village on a little weekend lark...next week the erstwhile Charlie's Angels will be back in their diamonds and designer gowns to attend the lastest fund-raiser for the trendy cause-of-the-week. They'll be sipping a fancy martini whiloe regailing their fellow "stars" with amusing tales of the sad little country they invaded for their "show."
And you'll still be here, insulting and humiliating strangers to puff up your own ego?

What can YOU do that would help their cause? How can YOU live less environmentally exploitatively? How can YOU help young people to see through the tidal wave of consumer advertising and understand that they don't really need all that crap they're being told they need?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PureX said:
At least it's something. It's something more than sitting at a computer making fun of people you don't even know.

It's a big fat waste of their precious rich, fame seeking time. They are hypocrites and deserved to be exposed for it.

And sitting at my computer, watching you be exposed for the nutjob and the biggest hypocrite to ever come across TOL is way more beneficial than pretending to be concerned over a cause, patting myself on the back a little for my great duty, and then going back to my luxurious lifestyle.

C

cattyfan

PureX said:
And you'll still be here, insulting and humiliating strangers to puff up your own ego?

I'm not claiming to be "helping the environment" or "being a global friend" or any of the other nonsense they are claiming when what they're really doing is helping their own career.

I am not "insulting or humiliating" Diaz & Barrymore. I suspect it would be almost impossible to do so, given their own antics.

TOL is not my way assisting charities or giving my time. TOL is my entertainment. When I do things for others, whether they're individuals or communities, I don't feel the need to put it in a headline or bring a cameraman. I don't even write it up as a news story and put it on the radio (which is what I do for a living.) Instead I just quietly give whatever I can, and praise God that I have the means and resources to do so.

PureX

I think you're starting to choke on your own bile. I'll leave you alone before you hurt yourself.

C

cattyfan

PureX said:
What can YOU do that would help their cause? How can YOU live less environmentally exploitatively? How can YOU help young people to see through the tidal wave of consumer advertising and understand that they don't really need all that crap they're being told they need?

Apparently you think it's more productive to teach the youngsters that crap is better used as housing material.

You know nothing about how I live, what I promote, and what I teach the children with whom I come in contact. But I will assure you of this: the projects I'm involved in won't be short term for me...whereas those two will lose interest and next week will be doing something else for their own entertainment.

PureX

cattyfan said:
I don't feel the need to put it in a headline or bring a cameraman. I don't even write it up as a news story and put it on the radio (which is what I do for a living.) Instead I just quietly give whatever I can, and praise God that I have the means and resources to do so.
You didn't grow up with cameras in your face, whether you wanted them there or not. These folks are trying to do something positive with what God gave them. It may not be much, and it may be a bit silly, but it's certainly no more silly or hypocritical than sitting at a computer and making fun of them for what they are doing. That's all I'm saying.

PureX

cattyfan said:
You know nothing about how I live, what I promote, and what I teach the children with whom I come in contact. But I will assure you of this: the projects I'm involved in won't be short term for me...whereas those two will lose interest and next week will be doing something else for their own entertainment.
You're reacting to posts that were not directed at you. Relax.

C

cattyfan

PureX said:

And may I point out, you're at your computer as well...do you feel you're being productive and helpful, Mr. Self-righteous?

PureX

cattyfan said:
And may I point out, you're at your computer as well...do you feel you're being productive and helpful, Mr. Self-righteous?
Yes. I'm being productive and helpful to YOU and Poly.

And the next time I see another thread designed to inspire more of these pointless insults againt strangers, I'm going to do the same thing.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does a Barrymore poop in the woods?

Barrymore... gleefully bragged, "I took a poo in the woods hunched over like an animal. It was awesome."

I guess so! :D

Berean Todd

PureX said:
And yet even those rich, spoiled, fools were doing more for the environment and poverty than we are: sitting at a computer, posting on yet another thread that has no purpose other than insulting and humiliating someone else. "Nuttin' like hypocrites", alright.

Yeah, with their 5 cars and giant, gas eating, electricity sucking homes, and their private planes eating countless fuel as they fly all over the world ... these idiots consume more fuel and natural resources in a month than the vast majority of us do in a year and yet they continually call us out, and talk all holier than thou. Talk about hypocrites, these idiotic, Hollywood schmucks are the definition of it!!

Berean Todd

PureX said:
They're making young people aware of other ways of living - ways that are not so environmentally exploitative. They're helping young people to realize that maybe they don't need all the useless garbage in their lives that they think they need, because they can see that other human beings manage to live without a lot of it. I doubt it means anyone's going to give up their GameBoy, but maybe it will get them to reconsider some of the other junk they buy and throw away.

Wooooooeeeeee, love those cow-dung walls, so when are you gonna be slathering your walls in cow dung and switch to a career of making mud bricks again Pure X? I mean you are going to do this now that you have been enlightened by these wonderful, caring people at MTV, right?

Agape4Robin

Berean Todd said:
Wooooooeeeeee, love those cow-dung walls, so when are you gonna be slathering your walls in cow dung and switch to a career of making mud bricks again Pure X? I mean you are going to do this now that you have been enlightened by these wonderful, caring people at MTV, right?
:mock: PureX

Lovejoy

PureX said:
And yet even those rich, spoiled, fools were doing more for the environment and poverty than we are: sitting at a computer, posting on yet another thread that has no purpose other than insulting and humiliating someone else. "Nuttin' like hypocrites", alright.
In what fashion? Acknowledging that people live in a different fashion accomplishes nothing. What kids will see is the enormous number of resources that Drew and company have at their disposal and seek to emulate that. Dear God, that has been the backbone of MTV broadcasts for years (ie "Cribs). There are kids that do not subscribe to that, but they are the kids at my church that voluntarily go to Mexico City and Papua New Guinea to build medical clinics and homes. But most of them don't watch MTV. Personally, I recycle, walk to work, live in a two-bedroom house, and volunteer for clean-up crews. But all that is nonsense in the face of the work I do for God.

C

cattyfan

Berean Todd said:
Yeah, with their 5 cars and giant, gas eating, electricity sucking homes, and their private planes eating countless fuel as they fly all over the world ... these idiots consume more fuel and natural resources in a month than the vast majority of us do in a year and yet they continually call us out, and talk all holier than thou. Talk about hypocrites, these idiotic, Hollywood schmucks are the definition of it!!

Gee, maybe they could conserve energy if they didn't chronicle every move they make with cameras...

C

cattyfan

PureX said:
Yes. I'm being productive and helpful to YOU and Poly.

And the next time I see another thread designed to inspire more of these pointless insults againt strangers, I'm going to do the same thing.

:darwinsm: And you say WE'RE puffed up with ego!!!

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Still hasn't grown up...

Still hasn't grown up...

"I took a poo in the woods"

Watch out for ET out there. :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.