The Terri Case - this is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

Agape4Robin said:
Really?? :confused: HIS LAWYERS got about $650,000.....so that Terri can be starved to death....NONE of it went to pay for HER lawyers! :nono: You are mistaken. Michael has a fiancee and has been living with her for many years and they have children together!! :baby: Doesn't look like his life is on hold to me!! Your opinion. She is NOT termianlly ill....no reason to let God "take" her. She is BEING STARVED TO DEATH!!!!!!! Who will start over again? Can her sister and brother "start over"? Can her parents make another one just like her? :confused: :nono:

You are :kookoo:
If she is NOT termianlly ill....God will not "take" her. Thaqt is the point. :bang:

keypurr

Nineveh said:
Summary of expenses paid from Terri’s 1.2 Million Dollar medical trust fund (jury awarded 1992)

Atty Gwyneth Stanley $10,668.05
Atty Deborah Bushnell $65,607.00
Atty Steve Nilson $7,404.95
Atty Pacarek $1,500.00
Atty Richard Pearse (GAL) $4,511.95
Atty George Felos $397,249.99

1st Union/South Trust Bank $55,459.85
Michael Schiavo $10,929.95

Total $545,852.34

Not to mention in November of 1992 "Michael Schiavo awarded $600,000 in malpractice trial." Three months before: Michael Schiavo denies recommended rehabilitation treatment in February of 1993.

All information taken from here
How about Medical fees?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
keypurr said:
How long did he wait? How old are the children?
Is he entitled to a life? Did he do everything he could to bring her back to A LIFE?
I don't know that, do you? If not, then why do you judge him? I don't.
What he should have a right to is a fair and speedy trial for attempted murder.

Ninjashadow

keypurr said:
I'll ask you how old are the children? Is he entitled to a life? Are HER parents entitled to a life?
I know I will not get the votes, but I have no problem with that. That is not my adgenda.
:rain:

The thing is, he has been cheating on his wedded wife for twelve years. The woman he has been living with is his common law wife. He took vows and he is not "entitled" to a life until the divorce or she dies. Remember, "til death do us part." He doesn't care for her because if he did he would have spent the money that he spent on attorney fees on rehabiliation care like he originally said he was going to.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
keypurr said:
How about Medical fees?
And, in the interest of full disclosure...

1. What about an accounting of the money her parents have raised using the case? Any mention of funds they've raised is omitted from the web site you listed. Add that to the fact that they're recently affiliated with morally questionable characters like Randall Terry and it makes one wonder just who is actually running this dog and pony show and for what reasons...
:think:

2. Aren't many of the legal fees paid my Michael Schaivo in response to litigation initiated by Terry's parents and Gov. Jeb Bush? It's not as if he's running ads in the paper looking for attorneys to hand money to, is he? ;)

C

cattyfan

keypurr said:
If she is NOT termianlly ill....God will not "take" her. Thaqt is the point. :bang:

you're a blithering freaking idiot. I'm not terminally ill, but if you take away my food and water, I would end up dead, too...starved and dehydrated, just like Terri.

C

cattyfan

cattyfan said:
I think starving a woman is abhorrent. In one breath they tell us Terri won't feel a thing becauses she's a vegetable...in the next doctors testify starving to death is a euphoric experience.

If starving is euphoric, why aren't children in the Sudan dileriously happy? And if Terri can't feel, how can she be euphoric? And if she really isn't feeling any pain, why aren't they showing us pictures?

Michael Shiavo is a heartless, cowardly, son-of-a-b***h. I understand the legality of Michael making decisions for her, although he obviously abdicated his role as a husband immediately after Terri became incapacitated (or before, as some have said.)

I pray someday Michael will face the consequences for the evil and pain he has inflicted in his torture of a woman he swore before GOd to love, cherish, and protect until death do they part...not until he decided to move on. He's killing her for his convenience and for the money.

this is part of my post from yesterday, and I thought it bore repeating. Shiavo went on his merry way committing adultery and ordering the defacto murder of his lawful wife. He's torturing Terri and sacrificing her on the altar of his debauchery.

by the way, keypurr...I forgot it was fellowship week. I am forced to rephrase...please change, "You are a blithering freaking idiot," to "I'm very sorry to hear you are having difficulty thinking rationally and with clarity...I hope you seek assistance with your intellectual shortfall soon. Kindest Regards."

keypurr

cattyfan said:
you're a blithering freaking idiot. I'm not terminally ill, but if you take away my food and water, I would end up dead, too...starved and dehydrated, just like Terri.
Are you brain dead? Terri is. That is a big differance. There are things worst than death. Would you like to live if you were like her? If you said yes, tell me why. I hope she can come out of her condition, I want the best for her, not the best for her husband, Mom and Dad or you.

C

cattyfan

But it's not up to us to decide she should live or die...and in denying her food, her husband made the decision. He will to live is evident: look at how many times she survived them starving her before...look at all the infections she's recovered from...look at the fact she healed from the initial incident which placed her in this position.

We can't know absolutely what she wants or what she's thinking. Why is starving her, then, an acceptable thing to do?

As for what i would want or not want, it doesn't have any relation to Terri's case, but I'll tell you. I wouldn't want to have been allowed to heal physically if there had been the high probability that I would end up minimally conscious or in a vegetative state or in a coma. I have discussed this with my husband, my family, my friends, and I have an advanced directive. My worst fear is to be trapped in a body where I can't communicate but my mind is whirring away with thoughts...and no one knows it but me.

But that's me...not Terri. She left no living will, no instructions, no will...her husband, and I use the term loosely, now claims they once had a conversation about with-holding food and water in a situation like this...that she wants to have all nurishment and sustenance kept from her so she can die a slow, painful death. It took him seven years to have this relavatory memory...a memory which is completely at odds with the well-known fact she was a devout Catholic.

Yeah...sure, he's credible.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Zakath said:
And, in the interest of full disclosure...

1. What about an accounting of the money her parents have raised using the case? Any mention of funds they've raised is omitted from the web site you listed. Add that to the fact that they're recently affiliated with morally questionable characters like Randall Terry and it makes one wonder just who is actually running this dog and pony show and for what reasons...
:think:

2. Aren't many of the legal fees paid my Michael Schaivo in response to litigation initiated by Terry's parents and Gov. Jeb Bush? It's not as if he's running ads in the paper looking for attorneys to hand money to, is he? ;)

Zakath, if you are interested in following the money trail on both sides, have you seen this article yet? http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?Article_ID=43510
Also why is Randall Terry a morally questionable character?

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
cattyfan said:
But that's me...not Terri. She left no living will, no instructions, no will...her husband, and I use the term loosely, now claims they once had a conversation about with-holding food and water in a situation like this...that she wants to have all nurishment and sustenance kept from her so she can die a slow, painful death. It took him seven years to have this relavatory memory...a memory which is completely at odds with the well-known fact she was a devout Catholic.

Yeah...sure, he's credible.

Even if she does want to die, should we kill her? She isn't a terminal patient that we can simply allow to die. She's a handicapped woman that is being starved to death. If she had left a written directive, is there any Biblical basis for killing her?

C

cattyfan

Imrahil said:
Even if she does want to die, should we kill her? She isn't a terminal patient that we can simply allow to die. She's a handicapped woman that is being starved to death. If she had left a written directive, is there any Biblical basis for killing her?

You are absolutely right.

What Michael Shiavo is doing to her is absolutely barbaric.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
cattyfan said:
You are absolutely right.

What Michael Shiavo is doing to her is absolutely barbaric.

One of the most frustrating things about this case (other than the obvious evil and cruelty) is that even the pro-life Christians seem to be pro-suicide. One of their main arguments is that Terry should live becasue we don't have evidence that she wants to die. In other words, "If we knew that she wanted to die we would have no problem with killing her but until then, let's keep her alive." :sigh:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:

Your question reminded me of the death of King Saul. He wanted to die, because he had lost the battle and all hope of surviving, and ordered his armor bearer to kill him and yet he refused. Saul then fell upon his own sword! An Amalekite who was passing by, saw that Saul was not yet dead, and Saul let him know, by a verbal request, that he wanted to die now, and not suffer any more. The Amalekite obliged the King. When he told King David what he had done, David had him executed for the murder of God's annointed.
So according to 1Sam. 31 and 2Sam. 1, even if the King wants to die, and begins his own suicide, and asks someone to finish his job for him, and he does , that person is still guilty of the shedding of blood. How much less validity would a written directive from a woman who is not the annointed {KING} of God, have if one were to help her carry out her wish to commit suicide, in a condition from which she is not dying?
That would be my biblical example and answer.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also why is Randall Terry a morally questionable character?
Having helped Randall Terry with a campaign and talking with him personally on a number of occasions, I can vouch for Randall's lack of character. He has a problem admitting when he is wrong. And that snowballs into much greater problems. I can say, though, that he is right on many issues, and so far has been a great spokesman for the Schindlers. Caveat: I haven't kept up with Randall for many years and he may have repented and I don't know about it.

So I'm not sure if Zak is a worse person than Randall. Randall should know better, but makes his mistakes and then makes them worse - a bad Christian is worse than a bad non-Christian. However, Zak is a hypocrite extrordinare for bringing up Randall's sins with no basis to say what is right or wrong in the first place.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On a moral level it doesn't matter what the law says. And morally it is wrong to starve the handicapped.

But even on a legal level, this is wrong. When Greer did not allow Terri to divorce Michael, he just plain ignored such a gaping conflict of interest that it is very convincing evidence that Greer is clearly focused on murdering Terri. For the money for the euphoria? Why is Greer doing it? We'll find out later.

Let me guess, Terri mentioned to Michael in casual conversation that if Michael ever lived and had children with another woman that it would be okay with her.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your question reminded me of the death of King Saul. He wanted to die, because he had lost the battle and all hope of surviving, and ordered his armor bearer to kill him and yet he refused. Saul then fell upon his own sword! An Amalekite who was passing by, saw that Saul was not yet dead, and Saul let him know, by a verbal request, that he wanted to die now, and not suffer any more. The Amalekite obliged the King. When he told King David what he had done, David had him executed for the murder of God's annointed.
So according to 1Sam. 31 and 2Sam. 1, even if the King wants to die, and begins his own suicide, and asks someone to finish his job for him, and he does , that person is still guilty of the shedding of blood. How much less validity would a written directive from a woman who is not the annointed {KING} of God, have if one were to help her carry out her wish to commit suicide, in a condition from which she is not dying?
Great example.

wholearmor

keypurr said:
How long did he wait? How old are the children?
Is he entitled to a life? Did he do everything he could to bring her back to A LIFE?
I don't know that, do you? If not, then why do you judge him? I don't.

You're the one who said his life is on hold and it isn't. And yes, he's entitled to a life, as a husband to Terri Schiavo as he promised before God. For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

wholearmor

keypurr said:
...Would you like to live if you were like her?...

Nobody knows. That's the whole point. Plus, it doesn't matter anyway. Suicide and assisted suicide are illegal. Besides, I wouldn't want to live if I were like you, so can I starve you to death?

Status
Not open for further replies.