Re: Open View/Closed Future

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
There are many creation scientists that correctly reject macroevolution. Theoretical physics is speculative. Even Steven Hawkings recently recanted a long standing view on worm or black holes (?) in the face of evidence and further thought.

RELATIVITY HAS BEEN PROVED.......

......EMPHATICALLY.

Stephen Hawking's was talking about emissions from blackholes, 'do blackholes wobble' and all that. Nothing to do with the authenticy of General or Special Relativity....NOTHING!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Scholastic

BANNED
Banned
eccl3_6 said:

darn it, would you say that what i've said on this thread is correct? Also, please invite others and yourself to add to my reputation. I have a siggy i wanna put:

Light of the Church,
Teacher of truth,
Rose of patience,
Ivory of chastity,
You freely offered
The waters of wisdom,
Preacher of grace,
Unite us with the blessed

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
Time can be both eternal (metaphysically) and finite (physical) If you believe that Jesus can both be eternal and exist in the physical world (as in exist in both these states) then science (physics) and philsophy (metaphysics) suggest no reason why this could not happen.

Many people on this sight will argue against science...but in some cases there's no need to.

Scholastic

BANNED
Banned
eccl3_6 said:
Time can be both eternal (metaphysically) and finite (physical) If you believe that Jesus can both be eternal and exist in the physical world (as in exist in both these states) then science (physics) and philsophy (metaphysics) suggest no reason why this could not happen.

Many people on this sight will argue against science...but in some cases there's no need to.

Precisely what i said. <_< >_> Namely in my thesis on time. lol

justchristian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justchristian

Cool. I thought you were going to say something stupid like Jesus. No offense I don't really know you but there are some wonderbreads on this forum. I love great theology works - anything from these greatest minds you could suggest?

Sure.
1) God is eternal
2) God is immutable
3) God is one

Those are the big points.

lol. I meant specific writings. like books or manuscripts.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
eccl3_6 said:
RELATIVITY HAS BEEN PROVED.......

......EMPHATICALLY.

Stephen Hawking's was talking about emissions from blackholes, 'do blackholes wobble' and all that. Nothing to do with the authenticy of General or Special Relativity....NOTHING!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

I did not say his recanted ideas had anything to do with relativity...try Ativan or Valium for your stress. It is hard to take someone with a little boy avatar seriously :wazzup:

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
I did not say his recanted ideas had anything to do with relativity...try Ativan or Valium for your stress. It is hard to take someone with a little boy avatar seriously :wazzup:

You really do think there's a big fight going on out there between science and religion don't you. I can see you sat at your window tih a gun......
Stop making scientific learning the bad guy, your quality of life has been improved immensely because of it.....you have no reason to be scared. Its like you're scared of what you don't understand.

Freud would have had a field day.......

godrulz

Hall of Fame
eccl3_6 said:
You really do think there's a big fight going on out there between science and religion don't you. I can see you sat at your window tih a gun......
Stop making scientific learning the bad guy, your quality of life has been improved immensely because of it.....you have no reason to be scared. Its like you're scared of what you don't understand.

Freud would have had a field day.......

I love science. The heavens declare the glory of God. Many founding fathers in science were theists. I am not afraid of science. I am concerned about error and godless scientists running amok playing god. Christians welcome and excell at science. There is a difference between sound science and some of the goofiness done in the name of science. As a paramedic, I know the fluctuating fads and false theories that are not evidence based medicine. Things come and go in the name of science. People even die from bad science.

I am not scared of science. Theology is the Queen of sciences.

Chevy Chase was asked what scares him: "That there is a God and He is ticked off."

Who do you say Jesus Christ is?

Where did you get those ideas?

Have you considered what He said about Himself?

Do you believe He rose from the dead?

Are you 18" away from heaven (distance from head to heart...trust in science will not give you eternal life unless it points you to the Creator). :sam:

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
Where did you get those ideas?
The idea that you're worried about science.....by you saying 'bad science'. Disturbing. What is bad science? Declare any apsect of science wrong and it infects all aspects. You can't be blinkered when making observation. You dont rule things out because they dont fit with your thinking in science. What is bad science?
The concept of time? Physical observation. 'Muons' specifically, amongst many other things

Have you considered what He said about Himself?
If you mean have I read the NT then yes.....and the translated Qu'ran.

Do you believe He rose from the dead?
Not sure

Are you 18" away from heaven (distance from head to heart...trust in science will not give you eternal life unless it points you to the Creator). :sam:

Don't know....but if the creator were to turn me away because I worked with my mind and my reason and my intellect which He granted me then I'm not sure I'd want to be with Him. I suspect He wouldn't though.........

What is bad science?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
eccl3_6 said:
The idea that you're worried about science.....by you saying 'bad science'. Disturbing. What is bad science? Declare any apsect of science wrong and it infects all aspects. You can't be blinkered when making observation. You dont rule things out because they dont fit with your thinking in science. What is bad science?
The concept of time? Physical observation. 'Muons' specifically, amongst many other things

If you mean have I read the NT then yes.....and the translated Qu'ran.

Not sure

Don't know....but if the creator were to turn me away because I worked with my mind and my reason and my intellect which He granted me then I'm not sure I'd want to be with Him. I suspect He wouldn't though.........

What is bad science?

I meant where did you get your ideas about Jesus Christ? Liar, Lord, Lunatic, Legend? God, Man, Teacher, Angel?

It is the glory of a king to search out a matter. God gave us intellect and reason to know Him and truth. Christianity is historical and stands up to intellectual scrutiny. We are to love God with our whole being, including our minds. Anti-intellectualism in religion is not biblical Christianity. Some of the best thinkers have been theists.

We cannot find God through mind alone. He reveals truth from Spirit to spirit (I Cor. 1).

eccl3_6

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
I meant where did you get your ideas about Jesus Christ? QUOTE]

What ideas?
Some of the best thinkers have been theists

Yeah, absolutely which is why theists shouldn't turn on any aspect of science..........

...........of course the reason why a lot of science comes from religion is because religion controlled all education and learning for a long time. Tyndale did a lot to stop this.