Abortion-a crying shame. (HOF thread)

nursemaria

A response to the reason to use graphic abortion images

A response to the reason to use graphic abortion images

I gave this response to a father who was concerned that his children saw pictures of aborted babies.

Dear Mr.--------,

I appreciate your concern over graphic images being viewed by your children. In the past when my children were younger I had the same reaction. As time has gone on though, I believe it is better and more Christlike to be outraged at what is occurring in the pictures. It is an excellent time to put in your child's mind that a horrible thing is occurring in America: rampant, indiscriminate child-killing.

The civil rights movement was started with a graphic photo. Emmett Till was a 15 year old African-American boy who was lynched and beaten in the face which caused him to be severely disfigured. His mother made the painful decision to let Jet magazine ( http://www.wehaitians.com/how photos became icon of civil rights movement.html) put his open casket picture in their magazine. It sparked outrage. It let people know that blacks felt pain, died and bled the same as whites. It made blacks start to be seen as humans not property or inferior race or subhuman.

From the website defending the use of graphic images:http://www.ams.ubc.ca/clubs/lifeline/why.html, Dr King responded to the use of graphic images. Some people may object to these graphic images for fear of pro-lifers being labeled "extremists." Martin Luther King Jr.'s "Letter from Birmingham Jail" addresses this issue: "But though I was initially disappointed at being categorized as an extremist, as I continued to think about the matter I gradually gained a measure of satisfaction from the label. Was not Jesus an extremist for love: 'Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.' Was not Amos an extremist of justice: 'Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.' Was not Paul an extremist for the Christian gospel: 'I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.' Was not Martin Luther an extremist: 'Here I stand; I cannot do otherwise, so help me God.' And John Bunyan: 'I will stay in jail to the end of my days before I make a butchery of my conscience.' And Abraham Lincoln: 'This nation cannot survive half slave and half free.' And Thomas Jefferson: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...' So the question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be."

Seeing pictures of aborted fetuses does a justice that words cannot do. Abortion happens in a sterile environment that no one sees. The Bible tells us to bring things done in the dark into the light, only in the light can we see the truth and correct the horrors that are done under the cover of darkness. Other reasons to use pictures include: the fact that our culture thinks and learns visually, the horror of atrocities cannot be summed up in words alone, graphic pictures shift the debate from a slogan of "choice" to the reality of death and images stay with people.

The newspapers put pictures of a dead soldiers, terrorists and unfortunately dead children on the cover of the paper.Our President, Brian Rohrbough found out his son was killed at Columbine by seeing his son's dead body on the sidewalk outside the school.

Life is full of atrocities that humans commit against each other and themselves. This is a fallen world. I would hope to see you more involved as the church is silent in this fight against murdering the innocent, just as it was against the Holocaust and slavery. Only the brave few fought against those human atrocities.

Please visit our website www.coloradorighttolife.org and sign the petition to prevent tax payer dollars to fund Planned Murderhood and sign the commitment to uphold God's enduring command, the oldest precedent, Thou Shalt Not Murder.

Last edited by a moderator:

daveb11

I believe when i get to heaven , there will be so many people who never walked on earth and thousands and millions of great people who have such nice personalities. I am even more inclined to believe there may be more people in heaven that have never lived than us who get the chance. SO many babies being killed is just not on. So many lost my miscariages, and so many couples who can't have babies. What is this world coming to. At least they are all in a better place now, with their Daddy in heaven.

yankeedoodled

Yankeedoodled:

The Abortion movement was birthed by Margeret Sanger a racist and Christian hater who planned on using abortion to kill of what she believed was inferior races. A Nazi mentality and spirituality. God forbid to invoke the wrath of God to be apart of such a ghastly endeavor to butcher those whom the Lord says are precious in His sight.

http://blackgenocide.org/sanger05.html

For Sanger, the proper attitude toward her religious critics featured character assassination, personal vilification and old-fashioned bigotry.

Sanger sought to isolate Catholics by creating a schism between them and Protestants, who had held parallel views of birth control and abortion for centuries. She welcomed a report from a majority of the Committee on Marriage and the Home of the General Council of Churches (later the National Council of Churches) advocating birth control. This committee was composed largely of social elite Protestants, including Mrs. John D. Rockefeller, Jr. A number of Protestant church bodies publicly repudiated the committee's endorsement.

The Rev. Worth Tippy, council executive secretary and author of the report, told Sanger in April 1931 that: ... the statement on Moral Aspects of Birth Control has aroused more opposition within the Protestant churches than we expected. Under the circumstances, and since we plan to carry on a steady work for liberalizing laws and to stimulate the establishment of clinics, it is necessary that we make good these losses and also increase our resources.Could you help me quietly by giving me the names of people of means who are interested in the birth control movement and might help us if I wrote them.

Sanger's sexual license was another motivation for her Anti-Catholic sniping. A Sanger biographer, David M. Kennedy, said her primary goal was to "increase the quantity and quality of sexual relationships." The birth control movement, she said, freed the mind from "sexual prejudice and taboo, by demanding the frankest and most unflinching re-examination of sex in its relation to human nature and the basis of human society.

Sanger answered Gamble on Dec. 10. 1939, agreeing with the assessment. She wrote: "We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten that idea out if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." In 1940, money for two "Negro Project" demonstration programs in southern states was donated by advertising magnate Albert D. Lasker and his wife, Mary.
Birth control was presented both as an economic betterment vehicle and as a health measure that could lower the incidence of infant mortality. At the 1942 BCFA annual meeting, BCFA Negro Council board member Dr. Dorothy B. Ferebee–a *** laude graduate of Tufts and also president of Alpha Kappa Alpha, the nation's largest black sorority–addressed the delegates regarding Planned Parenthood's minority outreach efforts : With the Negro group some of the most difficult obstacles . . . to overcome are: (1) the concept that when birth control is proposed to them, it is motivated by a clever bit of machination to persuade them to commit race suicide; (2) the so-called "husband rejection" . . . (3) the fact that birth control is confused with abortion, and (4) the belief that is inherently immoral. However, as formidable as these objections may seem, when thrown against the total picture of the awareness on the part of the Negro leaders of the improved condition under Planned Parenthood, or the genuine interest and eagerness of the families themselves to secure the services which will give them a fair chance for health and happiness, the obstacles to the program are greatly outweighed.