Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
It just keeps going back and forth like a pedulem, or a sock that was focefully turned inside out and streched out until the elastic started pulling it back then it collapses and inverts itself. Since it operates in a vacum there is no friction, hence no energy lost.
How could the molecules that make up the matter experience no friction?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I had a feeling you'd say something like that and then not tell me why.... :)

Ok, since I can ask why you won't answer my question...

Why will you not answer my question?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Why will you not answer my question?
Because I choose not to.

You tell me . . .

Answer the question for yourself. Bring your point full circle. Show us how what Jesus was saying applies to healings today. PLEASE be specific and don't forget about how He added . . . “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
How could the molecules that make up the matter experience no friction?
Ahh, they will experience inter matter friction as the universe collapses, thats the rewinding of the spring, that friction is the stored energy that is realized in the next bang when the momentum of the colapse is in equalibrium with the need to expand and it blows out the other side. there could be a point at which some loss of energy could slow this all down into a crawl or a static universe.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Because I choose not to.

You tell me . . .

Answer the question for yourself. Bring your point full circle. Show us how what Jesus was saying applies to healings today. PLEASE be specific and don't forget about how He added . . . “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
Because I choose not to.
Any reasons behind that choice? And if so, what are those reasons?
Show us how what Jesus was saying applies to healings today.
I simply want your opinion/interpretation of this verse. I am not attempting to make any assertions about it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
Ahh, they will experience inter matter friction as the universe collapses, thats the rewinding of the spring, that friction is the stored energy that is realized in the next bang when the momentum of the colapse is in equalibrium with the need to expand and it blows out the other side. there could be a point at which some loss of energy could slow this all down into a crawl or a static universe.
Could be a point? You mean "WOULD be a point" correct?

The system you describe would eventually run out of usable energy agree?

Freak

Knight said:
Yes.

If we allow the Holy Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit through us we can be healed emotionally.
So you believe God heals emotionally but not physically. At least you believe in healing, in some manner. :up:

Note, emotional healing is not a physical miracle akin to having an arm grow back etc.
So, you have problems with "physical" healing. Isn't healing a work of God regardless if it's physically or emotional?

You believe "physical" healings have passed but not "emotional" healings. What about other non-physical miracles, do they still occur?

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Could be a point? You mean "WOULD be a point" correct?

The system you describe would eventually run out of usable energy agree?
possibly, or it might gain energy, that is to say tap it's energy a little more with every crunch till it occilated out of it's ablity to hold it's self together.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
It just keeps going back and forth like a pedulem, or a sock that was focefully turned inside out and streched out until the elastic started pulling it back then it collapses and inverts itself.
You must wear a different brand of socks than I do.

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
You must where a different brand of socks than I do.

"Where" do you get yours? :D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Freak said:
So you believe God heals emotionally but not physically. At least you believe in healing, in some manner. :up:

So, you have problems with "physical" healing. Isn't healing a work of God regardless if it's physically or emotional?

You believe "physical" healings have passed but not "emotional" healings. What about other non-physical miracles, do they still occur?
I could be wrong but I do not believe that Knight would consider the sort of emotional healing he is reffering to an actual miracle. A miraculous healing of any sort is immediate, complete, and supernatural. I personally do not believe (after being invovled in counceling ministries for over a decade) that such miracle occure. There is no need for them at this point in history. If they did occur, the result would be a greater number of people hating God than already do. God is wiser than that.

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to define what you believe constitutes a miracle.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Freak

Clete said:
I could be wrong but I do not believe that Knight would consider the sort of emotional healing he is reffering to an actual miracle.
Healing is a miracle regardless of it's nature for healing is a supernatural act of God.

A miraculous healing of any sort is immediate, complete, and supernatural.
Emotional healing would be included. "God heals the broken-hearted."

I personally do not believe (after being invovled in counceling ministries for over a decade) that such miracle occure.
Not sure I follow you. You do not believe emotional healing occurs?

There is no need for them at this point in history. If they did occur, the result would be a greater number of people hating God than already do. God is wiser than that.
Actually, the Scriptures state the miracles draw attention to JESUS!:

“Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did”

It also reminds us how great our God is...

Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds…You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.”

Furthermore, miracles heal people. Miracles of healing allows the sick to be healed. That's a good not a evil, Clete.

Perhaps it would be helpful for you to define what you believe constitutes a miracle.
"an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs."

Cite: Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Would you deny "extraordinary events manifesting divine intervention in human affairs" occur in our day?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
possibly, or it might gain energy, that is to say tap it's energy a little more with every crunch till it occilated out of it's ablity to hold it's self together.
:bang: Yet eventually it would expend it's usable energy correct?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Healing is a miracle regardless of it's nature for healing is a supernatural act of God.

Emotional healing would be included. "God heals the broken-hearted."
Freak we have been down this road before. You think everything is a miracle! The birth of a child, the bloom of a flower, everyting!

Personally I think this notion undermines the real definition of a miracle.

Also . . . we moved this discussion to the God and Healing thread, can you address your issues there? I have designed this thread for quick short answer to various questions without getting into long drawn out debates that we can do in all the other threads. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.