Not open for further replies.

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
kmoney said:
Knight,

Can you answer this?
I second Knight's earier advice for you
Knight said:
I strongly suggest you get The Plot of the Bible the single greatest Bible tool (in my humble opinion).

The Plot lists every single miracle contained in the Bible and every single result of each miracle and it becomes blazingly clear that men tend to reject the truth when it is presented in such a clear way as in a miracle.

In the meantime you could read Miracle Dynamics just as a starter.
The Plot will answer all your questions and then some.

fool

Hall of Fame
DEVO said:
I second Knight's earier advice for youThe Plot will answer all your questions and then some.
$49.95!!!!???
Is there a Cliff Notes version?
A paper back?
A cheaper way?
The site says there are special prices for bulk orders.
Why dosen't TOL do a super bulk order and sell them in the TOL bookstore?
Does TOL have a book store?
You got T-shirts, smilies,subscriptions,
Bring it all together.
If you can get the book down to $15 I would go for it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
DEVO said:
I second Knight's earier advice for youThe Plot will answer all your questions and then some.
Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll just take some references from Knight.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight,

You believe healing/tongues/maybe others are not for today. We are not in that dispensation. At what point did the dispensations change? When did healing and tongues become void?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,

You believe healing/tongues/maybe others are not for today. We are not in that dispensation. At what point did the dispensations change?
Acts chapter 9.
When did healing and tongues become void?

Kevin
There was obviously some overlapping of dispensations at least in the sense that there was a time when people saved under the old dispensation were still living while the new dispensation was in effect which explains much of the confusion between Peter and Paul etc. (read Galatians again and you can get a great feel for the dispensational tension)

Sign gifts were phased out during Paul's ministry as they were simply not needed anymore.

Notice how Paul acknowledges this fact in the following verse regarding his poor health...

2 Corinthians 12:8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Freak

Knight said:
Sign gifts were phased out during Paul's ministry as they were simply not needed anymore.
Quite the contrary as the apostle Paul carried on the ministry of miracles after Acts 9.

Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God. I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done— by the power of signs and miracles, through the power of the Spirit. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Notice how Paul acknowledges this fact in the following verse regarding his poor health...

2 Corinthians 12:8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Sometimes God heals supernaturally and sometimes He allows the body to heal via medication or through natural means.

Knight, we know you do not believe God heals the body. But does God heal people emotionally?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Quite the contrary as the apostle Paul carried on the ministry of miracles after Acts 9.
:bang:

Did you read my post????

Nevermind, it isn't worth it Freak, I can't converse with you because you don't listen.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight,

John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

What do you think Jesus means by people doing even greater things than Him?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,

John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

What do you think Jesus means by people doing even greater things than Him?

Kevin
Ok then, if you really think that is the gist of the teaching why don't you test it.....

John 14:12 “ Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Decide what your going to ask for and let me know what it is before you ask for it. Make it something grand because we wouldn't want to waste a golden opportunity OK?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Ok then, if you really think that is the gist of the teaching why don't you test it.....

John 14:12 “ Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Decide what your going to ask for and let me know what it is before you ask for it. Make it something grand because we wouldn't want to waste a golden opportunity OK?
Knight,
If that post came off in an arrogant way I apologize. I was simply asking a question to see what you say about the verse. So I ask again....
What do you think Jesus means by it? Was he talking specifically to the disciples because they were given the gift of healing etc?

Kevin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,
If that post came off in an arrogant way I apologize. I was simply asking a question to see what you say about the verse. So I ask again....
What do you think Jesus means by it? Was he talking specifically to the disciples because they were given the gift of healing etc?

Kevin
Kevin no need to apologize. (its all good!)

Yet I wasn't kidding about my challenge.

Jesus states . . .
“If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

So.... let me know what your going to ask for and lets test it out!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Kevin no need to apologize. (its all good!)

Yet I wasn't kidding about my challenge.

Jesus states . . .

So.... let me know what your going to ask for and lets test it out!
Knight,

I asked that you would answer my question instead of you telling me to test the Lord. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight,

I asked that you would answer my question instead of you telling me to test the Lord. :)
I am simply getting the verse your referenced in context for you.

It does say . . .

Doesn't it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
I told you what I asked for.....I guess we don't get what we ask for. Jesus lied.
That's what you asked for???

You mean from post #2012???

You asked that I would answer your question???

That's the best you could do??? Why didn't you ask for something more grand?

Lik to be young again! Or to have a million dollars! Or to be healthy. Or what about a gold plated BMW? Or how about ending world hunger?

You could have all this yet you ask that I answer your question?????

Hmmm... nope! I wont answer it. So what now?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
That's what you asked for???

You mean from post #2012???

You asked that I would answer your question???

That's the best you could do??? Why didn't you ask for something more grand?

Lik to be young again! Or to have a million dollars! Or to be healthy. Or what about a gold plated BMW? Or how about ending world hunger?

You could have all this yet you ask that I answer your question?????

Hmmm... nope! I wont answer it. So what now?
I'm already young, if I had a million dollars I'd still want more so what's the point, I am healthy, a gold plated bmw wouldn't drive very nicely, and I guess I'm just selfish to not ask for the end of world hunger.

What now? I already answered that, Jesus lied.

Freak

Knight, we know you do not believe God heals the body. But does God heal people emotionally? Does He heal the broken-hearted?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Knight, we know you do not believe God heals the body. But does God heal people emotionally? Does He heal the broken-hearted?
Yes.

If we allow the Holy Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit through us we can be healed emotionally.

Note, emotional healing is not a physical miracle akin to having an arm grow back etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.