Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A key to understanding the Bible for a Catholic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
    You're going to Hell.
    Why do you care?

Comment

They don't know that

"Hangnails should be cut off. They serve no purpose to a body."

I guess you're right but I'm counting on a Body of Christ that isn't perfectly washed everyday. I might just escape notice on that left little toe.

Have you checked your toes today? tWINs
      The hair in the left nostril of the Body of Christ that feels the Spirit come in and the Spirit go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Four O'Clock View Post
        Didn't mean to be confrontational;
        Yes, you did.
        it just seems like any dialogue thread you start is 'stacked' in your favor, simply meaning that any opposing views will be quickly ridiculed.
        I believe the word you're looking for is "refuted."
        It's your right-wing interpretation of Christianity forum and control and we all have to live with that or get lost but don't attempt to present this "all opinions welcome" dangling carrot forum when your motive is simply no more than partisan self-servitude...
        OH NO! The dreaded specter (accusation) of "right-wing" bubbles to the surface.

I see partisan politics dominates your thinking. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now.

Comment

Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
          While there are many unbiblical things in the Catholic church, their basic framework (rulers, a priesthood, laws) in claiming to
          be the church of Matthew 16 is correct. The only problem is that they are not Israel and the church of Matthew 16 will not be in operation until Christ returns.
          Where in Scripture does it say that Jesus the Christ will establish or re-establish a church upon His return?
          At which point, the real Peter will be resurrected and take his rightful place in leading that church.
          Where does the Bible point this out?
          So, as Knight pointed out, their error is failing to distinguish Paul's unique minstry and the change that took place after Peter "went to his own place" in Acts and completely dropped off the biblical scene.
          I do not understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ernest View Post
            Yes, you did.

I believe the word you're looking for is "refuted."

OH NO! The dreaded specter (accusation) of "right-wing" bubbles to the surface.

I see partisan politics dominates your thinking. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now.
            I fight against partisan politics whenever it pops up whether it be a left wing-nut or a right wing-nut. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now.

Your credibility has been dead for some time now Frank; take it out back and bury it...
            "My wretchedness pointed Him to the Cross to unite with me; His blessing points me to the Cross where I can be united to Him. As I abide daily in Christ, I shall forever taste the Joy, Power, and Completeness of the Holy Spirit within me."

Comment

Originally posted by Four O'Clock View Post
              I fight against partisan politics whenever it pops up whether it be a left wing-nut or a right wing-nut. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now.

Your credibility has been dead for some time now Frank; take it out back and bury it...
              Keep bluffing. It will make you feel better about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by bucksplasher View Post
                "Hangnails should be cut off. They serve no purpose to a body."

I guess you're right but I'm counting on a Body of Christ that isn't perfectly washed everyday. I might just escape notice on that left little toe.

Have you checked your toes today? tWINs
                The Body of Christ has been washed in His blood, and is permanently clean, without blemish.

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                  So where is the Paul church?
                  In the Body of Christ.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in him...In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise
                  Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

I'm counting on a Body of Christ that isn't perfectly washed everyday.
                    Amazing how many that believe and study God, yet are without him.

He is perfect and blameless, despite your ramblings. We are also, because we are in him.
                    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                      Amazing how many that believe and study God, yet are without him.

He is perfect and blameless, despite your ramblings. We are also, because we are in him.
                      2 Tim 3:6-7 KJV.
                      Originally posted by Interplanner
                      They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                      You're too literal to get it.
                      The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

Have Mercy

The Body of Christ has been washed in His blood, and is permanently clean, without blemish.
                        I know I'm hanging on by a mere strip of flesh but I pray thee let me remain lest some miracle reunite me fully to a united body. tWINs
                        The hair in the left nostril of the Body of Christ that feels the Spirit come in and the Spirit go out.

Comment

On Second Thought

And why I'm up earlier than normal on a Sunday...I decided people were right and I should clean up my body.

Originally I was attempting to take the traditional "last seat in the back of the church" Catholic humility thing. I'll stay with this theme but I've decided that I can be an insignificant but more scripturally sound body part by becomeing....Taaa...taaa and the drums roooooollll...."The hair in the left nostril of the Body of Christ that feels the Spirit come in and the Spirit go out."

Thanks for setting me right.

tWINs

Comment

And why I'm up earlier than normal on a Sunday...I decided people were right and I should clean up my body.

Originally I was attempting to take the traditional "last seat in the back of the church" Catholic humility thing. I'll stay with this theme but I've decided that I can be an insignificant but more scripturally sound body part by becomeing....Taaa...taaa and the drums roooooollll...."The hair in the left nostril of the Body of Christ that feels the Spirit come in and the Spirit go out."

Thanks for setting me right.

tWINs
                            Just fyi, the Spirit never goes out once it comes in.

Comment

Maybe

Just fyi, the Spirit never goes out once it comes in.
                              And here I thought I was trying to share the Spirit with you and you me. I'm sorry if I was mistaken.

1Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry. luke 4:1-2

I (as a Christ follower and Temple of the Holy Spirit) would appear to have the Spirit within, and also without, leading me. I thought the breath of life was another wording for Holy Spirit. tWINs

Comment

A key to understanding the Bible for a Catholic.

These three points are essential to a basic understanding of the bible:

God is indeed the principal author of Sacred Scripture.
                                God made use of specific people that wrote in a human language, and did so at a particular time and place in history.
                                At times we have to work carefully to determine exactly what a sacred author is asserting to be true, distinguishing that from something he's using as an image to help us understand the truth more clearly.

Comment

Working...
                                X