Delmar's POD 10-17-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I probably haven't been clear on this since I don't like tossing my sins on the table anymore than anyone else. I lived an actively homosexual life up until about five years ago or so. I'm assuming my observations over nearly two decades give me some basis to speak on this but I admit my thinking was very different then than it is now on just about every subject you can think of, so maybe not.

EDIT: Let me add this on here. You might argue (and feel free) that I'm actually a closet pedophile who was somehow drawn into the homosexual lifestyle because of that. But you should consider everyone I ever knew generally felt the same way (to one degree or another, admittedly). To argue that really just gives ammo to the homos = pedophiles argument.
Honestly? I think homosexuality is simply a perversion that, by it's nature, demands the acceptance of perversity. (Assuming that's true then) It follows that any perversion you can think of will have to then be accepted to some degree by any homosexual or they undermine themselves.
I believe this because it's the only explanation I can think of that explains what I've seen and experienced.

:first: POD

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The neat thing is we conservative Christians don't kick sand in the face of those who repent, for admitting their past. It is not hypocrisy to repent of past behavior and try to help others to understand they can avoid damaging their lives in the same way!

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Gah! Just stumbled onto this and didn't realize that's what Delmar meant when he said "post of the day".
So...tried to think of what to say here and wrote two or three things I deleted. Fact is I could never have said that a year ago.
Man, I don't even feel like I can say "thanks" here. Mary's a coward who refuses to admit she's done horrible things to herself and everyone around her. This wasn't Mary talking and thank God for that.
Lol! Everyday I come across a dozen reasons to cry like a baby and say "Thank you for saving me!" How awesome is that?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The neat thing is we conservative Christians don't kick sand in the face of those who repent, for admitting their past. It is not hypocrisy to repent of past behavior and try to help others to understand they can avoid damaging their lives in the same way!
:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.