Nori's POTD 10-12-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob's been taking a beating for some of his posts, lately. But, these two get my POTD.

I fully support the US military.

I do not think women should serve, but I still support them and honor their service to this country.

I support the parents of soldiers who are serving.

I support and revere the countless veterans who have served in years past.

I honor the servicemen who lost their lives defending my country and am thankful beyond words.

When I encounter a serviceman in uniform I thank him for his service. [Fort Campbell is nearby]

When I meet someone who has served in the past, I likewise thank them for their service.

I recently donated to a Veterans Memorial erected in our town square this past Summer.

I have a Nephew currently serving in Iraq.

Of course, I support women who are in combat as well. I just don't think they belong there.

I support gays who might have sneaked into our military. I don't think they belong there but I must respect their service [as long as they didn't join just to sleep in a barracks full of Marines].

Regardless of my personal thoughts on these matters, I support ALL of our troops.

[except 'Phony Soldiers', of course]

:sam:

I couldn't have said it better myself!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why don't you both knock it off? Joe, I wasn't saying anything about anyone's patriotism except for the men and women who serve in the military. BillyBob just happened to put my own thoughts into a coherent string of words.

Status
Not open for further replies.