ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
King Frog gets my POTD for this post:

King Frog said:
Damian said:
While the Bible does prohibit male homosexuality, there is no verse in the Bible that explicitly prohibits female-to-female sexual relations. The proof-text that is employed to argue that it does is Romans 1:26-27.

At first glance, the verse does appear to denounce it. But appearances can be deceiving. The verse states that "women did change the natural use into that which is against nature." This is assumed to refer to female-to-female sexual relations because the subsequent verse states that "and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another."

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet." Romans 1:26, 27

However, does this really refer to female-to-female sexual relations?

Verses 31 & 32 shed more light as to what Paul actually meant by "that which is against nature." Here, Paul states that they (women and men who do that which is against nature) are "covenant-breakers." The penalty for breaking this ordinance or law was death in the Old Testament.

"without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

who, knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:31,32

So where in the Old Testament does it state that these violations are worthy of death?

Answer: Leviticus 20:13-16

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death; and ye shall slay the beast.

And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death;" Leviticus 20:13-16

Verse 13 definitely prohibits male homosexuality. However, the Old Testament law does not prohibit female homosexuality. That which is "against nature" concerning women was beastiality (not female homosexuality) as is made evident in verse 16. And for such an act, both the woman and the beast were to be put to death.

As far as I can see, there is nowhere in the Bible that explicitly prohibits female-to-female sexual relations. If there is, please show me.

Also, Christian tradition does not prohibit female-to-female sexual relations.

Why doesn't the Old Testament prohibit female-to-female sexual relations? Because it was a polygamous culture? All the Jewish patriarchs had more than one mate. Furthermore, King Solomon had 1,000 wives/concubines.

"Solomon clave unto these in love.

And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines" 1 Kings 11:2, 3

In a patriarchal culture where polygamy was practiced (not to mention having multiple concubines), it isn't surprising that female-to-female sexual relations would not be frowned upon.
Male and female He created them...
And if you look at their anatomies, you can clearly see that two women were never designed to fit together in sexual union. And if you look at the male anatomy and the female anatomy, it is very obvious that they were designed to fit together sexually. I don't even have to read the Bible to see that. However, it is very clear that all forms of homosexuality are condemned in the Bible. So are all forms of murder, all forms of lying, all forms of theft...
And why would he condemn male homosexuality and not female? That makes no sense at all. The passage you quoted is clearly speaking of homosexuality, both male and female. 1:25 Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies.
It is your choice to believe whatever you choose to believe, but what if you're wrong? Wouldn't you rather live life in such a way that there is no question?
I have struggled all my life with same sex attraction. However, when I read the Bible it very clearly tells me to submit that to Him and turn from it. He still loves me, just as He loves the alcoholic who struggles with a desire to drink alcohol. He is not condemned for his desire to drink. He is simply instructed to submit that unholy desire to the Lord.
We as humans desire to do all sorts of unholy things. That's why we need a Savior!
We could spend our time defending our right to sin or we could turn FROM our sin and turn TO Christ.
When I first submitted my homosexuality to Christ it was not easy (some days it still isn't) but how I feel does not negate what His word says. Sometimes I FEEL LIKE lying. Sometimes I FEEL LIKE murdering. But His word is plain. It is sin for a male to lie and / or murder and it is sin for a female to lie and / or murder.
Just as it is sin for male or female to engage sexually with someone of the same gender.
He is able to fill that void in my heart.
He did not design two female bodies to fit together in sexual union. I know b/c I've seen naked women! He designed them to fit together in sexual union with a male. I know b/c I've also seen naked men! All you have to do is look at one or the other. It is so obvious, I really don't know how you could miss it.
If He placed a vagina between your legs, He never meant for it to be sexually active with another vagina. He does not make mistakes. We are the ones who pervert what He meant for good.
Romans 6:1-2 Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more kindness and forgiveness? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?
If you read your Bible you know that sin is not gender specific. If it is sin for men, it is sin for women. Instead of asking how close to the edge can we get, what if we asked how holy can I be?
Hebrews 4:15 states He faced all the same temptations we do. Therefore He understands and is able to help us when we are tempted.
So, in summary, I disagree with you, but it is your choice how you choose to conduct your life.

PKevman

Unfortunately for Damian he could really care less what the Bible says, and does not submit himself to God or His Word, instead elevating the teachings of his cult.

C

cattyfan

I tried to click on the thread link to read the quote in context, but it doesn't work for me...then I looked up posts by King Frog, and I couldn't find it there either.

Great post, though.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I tried to click on the thread link to read the quote in context, but it doesn't work for me...then I looked up posts by King Frog, and I couldn't find it there either.

Great post, though.
The threads been deleted. Ask for your moderator status back, and you'll see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.