Delmar's POD 8-1-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My POD goes to MrRadish and I have included my response.

This really is a pretty good post. In fact I award you Post of the Day! :first:

It seems to me that what this debate boils down to is a single question:

Is there anything wrong with homosexuality?

Looking at the arguments on put forward, these appear to be the main points on either side:

YES:
- Biblical passages state that it is an abomination.
- It is unnatural.
- It is a perversion in the same way as paedophilia/zoophilia etc, and can be suppressed/eliminated.

NO:
- It is consensual and doesn't harm anyone.
- People do not choose to be homosexual.
- Trying to suppress it would end up creating damaged, unhappy people for no good reason.

Please add more if you feel an important point has been left out.

It seems, then, that fundamentally, it comes down to 'The Bible says No' vs. 'It doesn't do anyone any harm and we should love not hate our neighbour'. This question seems to be as irresolvable as 'Is the Bible true?'.
Except for the fact that I don't buy your premise, that it does no one harm, it comes down to exactly that!
Therefore, unless I've missed something out, this discussion is actually a waste of time, as we're never going to agree.
I "waste my time" on this for what I presume is the exact reason you waste your time. I am an evangelical Christian and you are an evangelical agnostic! I will not stand by quietly as people are being led astray by evangelical atheists, evangelical pagans, or even other evangelical "Christians" who do not believe the Bible is the word of God! TOL is a battle ground not a recreation room. Make no mistake about it, you and I are at war for the hearts and minds of those who come here, and the battle is of eternal consequence!

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1487046&postcount=220

Status
Not open for further replies.