Jefferson's POTD 6-19-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What to me was the most hopeful sign, in this demonstration by CRTL was the fact that apparently many veteran pro-lifers, were actually shocked and moved to tears, by the evidence that we have been privy to, at Bob Enyart Live, and also here at TOL.

I have often wondered if it is a matter of hardened hearts, spiritual blindness, or a comittment to a stategy that they really think is the only possible winning one. {Backing the Republican party, because it has a few pro-lifers.} Or are they really just unaware of what they are doing, and who they are backing?

Shock and tears tell me it was not hardened hearts, and probably not a very deep spiritual blindness. It was at least for some, a time and a place, a real "opportunity", to hear something "different" than the redundant mesmerizing message of, be patient and continue to vote for, and then lobby Republicans; And, in time, it will lead to the end of abortion, a- la the legendary William Wilberforce, and the English slave trade- slavery!

It is well past the time to be patient to the point of complacency, and rather a time to be provocative, to the point of defiance.

After all it is not just any lives that are at stake. They are the most defenseless, most innocent, and most precious of all life; a baby in her mother's womb. Throughout time, the sight or announcement of a pregnant woman, has rallied even the most comman of men, to his utmost state of chivalry, and women to a universal sisterhood.

Abortion is not just some political issue, it is defining the value that we place on life and its sacredness, and thus making us a people of "value and honor" or a people of "shame and worthlessness".

It is time to get riled up again, and forget about conventions and newsletters, and all such form without substance.

Give us someone with passion for life, and the unborn, and our sacred values, that we who are like-passioned can follow. Give us the old James Dobson, and the old Randall Terry, or else someone with their "old" passion. Give us a real living Wilberforce, not a legend in a time capsule.

We don't need a "steady" and politically practical, and legally "wise" new James Dobson, or a Wanda Franz.
Yes here, I am on my soapbox, and I don't want to be kicked off, because I know in my heart I am right, and I know people in the current CRTL are on the right track, and have a truly just cause.

Let's get the message out, and shock a few more "veterans" back into "personhood", and sanctity of life, and God's laws.

Where in God's Law anywhere does it say if you commit the sin of fornication, and if the woman becomes pregnant then you may kill the baby in the womb, if you have waited 24 hours, gotten your parents consent, gotten the permission of the father, and have become aware of "your" own health risks,{ or any other such nonsense}, that then you may kill the baby.

I have searched all the minutia, "even" in Levitcus, and yet I find no where where God allows the intentional killing of the unborn, for any reason. I did find a place in Jeremiah where he was particularly shocked and abhorred by the invention of child sacrifice by their own parents.

In fact, in Exodus, I find where God even penalizes and punishes, a person, for the totally "unintentional" harm to a pregnant woman when a man "accidentally" causes her premature delivery via a scuffle.

I am done for now, and please don't anyone tell me to calm down!

:readthis: Read the Republican Supreme Court decision, and read, and publish, and pass out the open letter to James Dobson, and the Focus on the Stategy II DVD.

CONTEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.