Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turbo said:
paleo21 said:
Hey,
I aplogise in my last thread i got a little carried away. i obviously joined to have friendly debates and ended up insulting something u guys sincerely believe. im sorry. so ont my question: to all of you christian fundamentalists, how do you explain the existence of dinosaurs, early homo sapiens, and prehistoric creatures? i mean, considering weve found pretty much inconclusive evidence as to their existence, how can you refute it? and also, considering all these creatures lived more than 6,000 years ago (the biblical age of the earth) how can you guys explain dating the dinosaurs back to 61 million BC? thanks.
Alexander
paleo21, I can relate to your questions. I used to be an agnostic evolutionist who thought that Creationists were silly and ignored scientific fact.

But...

The first one to plead his cause seems right,
Until his neighbor comes and examines him. Proverbs 18:17​
I had never actually heard the case against Evolution and in favor of Biblical (Young-Earth) Creationism. And when I finally did, I found that not only did the evidence better support the Biblical account, but naturalistic Evolution was unworkable.

I encourage you to examine the material at AnswersInGenesis to educate yourself on the case against Evolution and for Creation. I particularly enjoy Jonathan Sarfati's writings. You may be particularly interested in articles there about radiometric dating.

how do you explain the existence of dinosaurs
God created them on the sixth day. ;)

As has already been pointed out, dinosaurs are mentioned and described in the Bible. But they aren't called dinosaurs, they are called dragons and other names. Why? Because the word "dinosaur" didn't exist until the mid-1800s, but the Bible was written thousands of years earlier and had been translated into English hundreds of years earlier.

Here is a passage from Job 40:
15 “Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.

16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.

17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.

18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
His ribs like bars of iron.

19 He is the first of the ways of God;
Only He who made him can bring near His sword.

20 Surely the mountains yield food for him,
And all the beasts of the field play there.

21 He lies under the lotus trees,
In a covert of reeds and marsh.

22 The lotus trees cover him with their shade;
The willows by the brook surround him.

23 Indeed the river may rage,
Yet he is not disturbed;
He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth,

24 Though he takes it in his eyes,
Or one pierces his nose with a snare.​
Can you think of an animal that this might describing that is not a dinosaur?

Some have suggested that behemoth is a hippopotamus or an elephant, but neither of them haves tails that could not be compared to a cedar. Others suppose that behemoth is an alligator or a crocodile, but they do not "eat grass like an ox."

Any other ideas?

Do you agree that there were dinosaurs that fit God's description of behemoth in Job 40?

i mean, considering weve found pretty much inconclusive evidence as to their existence, how can you refute it?
No one is disputing these creatures' existence, only whether they are indeed "prehistoric."

and also, considering all these creatures lived more than 6,000 years ago (the biblical age of the earth) how can you guys explain dating the dinosaurs back to 61 million BC? thanks.[/url]How do you know that dinosaurs became extinct 60-some million years ago?

Do you think organic material can remain unfossilized for 60 million years? If "fresh" dinosaur remains were discovered, would that cause you to re-evaluate the idea that all dinosaurs have been dead for millions of years?
POTD :first:

context

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.