Knight's pick 1-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Graphite shares with us some of his upbringing.
I was raised in a conservative, Texas, Southern-Baptist home. Nevertheless, my parents unfortunately mostly assumed we were all Christian and never really evangelized to us. As a result, none of my brothers and I were truly Christians when we left home, although we thought we were. I quickly became immersed in neo-paganism (specifically Wicca), and became quite active in the neo-pagan community, even acting as occasional spokesperson for a pagan organization. By the grace of God, I came to know Jesus Christ just over 12 years ago.

But, my parents did instill a lot of strong moral principles in me which I held onto (even when I was violating them years later as I descended into a moral abyss). These principles and beliefs included:

There is a God that is good
Evolution is a fairy tale and we are not descended from animals
Patriotism for my nation, the greatest nation on earth
Generally conservative political principles
Pro-life
Be self-sufficient and responsible for your own actions
Judge righteously and not as a hypocrite
There is only one race: human
Free will
Love is a choice you make and an action you take, not a feeling you follow
Astrology is complete bunk​

Yes, I believe all of this, including that last one, even while I was a practicing witch (although I did practice other forms of divination). And you might be amazed at how many pagans are conservative.
:first:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was a very good testimony. I was too busy shoveling snow today to post in that thread.

OMEGA

Ec 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments:
for this is the whole duty of man.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.